The Chat Chat

Viewing 15 posts - 5,266 through 5,280 (of 5,657 total)
  • Author
    freedom
    @freed_and_redeemed
      • Total Posts: 337

@lightoverdarkness6 @mineralizedwritings YES, I’d LOVE to resume that group!!! 💕

also, Light, @koshka

y’all don’t want to know what Hans scene I was writing

@smiley
      *hugs you and gives you tissues*💕

author_katelyn_douglas on Instagram <3

Keilah H.
      @keilah-h
        • Total Posts: 3875

@loopylin you passed a driving test?

awesome

I’m 17, still haven’t touched a steering wheel, and genuinely don’t think I’d survive more than ten minutes on a busy road, let alone drive fluently all over the place. I still prefer sitting in the backseat actually.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

freedom
        @freed_and_redeemed

@smiley Since you are one of KP’s best character ship-ers, LOL….

which of my couples do you like the most?

I know you like Jakob&Angelina, but do you have any other favorites?

I just kinda wanna know which couples are lovable, haha🥰

Thought I’d ask you😂

Smiley
          @smiley
            • Total Posts: 2179

@freed_and_redeemed

Well Leon and Aadelheide will forever be a favorite💔

Younger Hans and Eleanor!! of course, that boy needed some love

andddd Leo and Talia❤️❤️

I like the boys who never knew love giving love and being protective of their girl!! like seriously it’s the trope I die for!!!

Oxygen shortage

do your part, hold your breath

freedom
            @freed_and_redeemed

@smiley Same here with Leon&Aadelheide💔

EEE I’m so glad you like Hans&Eleanor. They are super cute…y’all will have to see more of them

UwU

Leo and Talia are also so cute!!! AHH, and Talia’s little girl, Ella, is just…💕💕

YESSSS, IT REALLY IS ONE OF THE BEST!!! 💕💕🥰💕💕

That’s one reason why I love Riker&Iris so much, although y’all haven’t seen much of them bc they’re separated throughout most of the 1st and 2nd books😢💕

Smiley
              @smiley

@freed_and_redeemed

Leo and Talia are also so cute!!! AHH, and Talia’s little girl, Ella, is just…💕💕

I need and scene so bad!!! and a scene of Jakob and Angeline!!

That’s one reason why I love Riker&Iris so much, although y’all haven’t seen much of them bc they’re separated throughout most of the 1st and 2nd books😢💕

I wanted to say Riker and Iris, but truthfully I don’t know Iris very well

but if it has Riker than it has to be sweet XD

Oxygen shortage

Whaley
                @whalekeeper
                  • Total Posts: 2623

Hey, Harry Potter nerds. Here’s a joke for you.

Why wasn’t Snape hired to be Herbology teacher at Hogwarts?

Because he couldn’t even keep his lilies alive.

*snort*

I’m sorry, this is my favorite joke right now, and I will milk it for all it’s worth.

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

Esther
                  @esther-c
                    • Total Posts: 3213

@whalekeeper

*dies of laughter*

I love that 🤣

@freed_and_redeemed
                    @whaley @smiley @savannah_grace2009 @mineralizedwritings @lightoverdarkness6 @anyone-else!

So I just wrote this scene (and a half) and it’s not super great, but I thought it was cute and special and wanted to share it. It’s not perfect and I’m not sure if I’ll be satisfied with it in the future, but I like it now. 😊 Here ya go! (Ignore any typos)

Wow… how could she be so blind? Ev, who had grown up in a home without God, just opened Ami’s eyes to a deep truth. God held the universe in His hands. That meant He could take care of her… her family… anyone. All she had to do was trust Him.

A childhood memory flashed before her mind…

She had to be only in third or fourth grade, before their district’s schools were shut down. Her father had been helping her with a science project—a model of the solar system. She remembered her father holding the clay model of the earth in his hands and saying, “Did you know that this is what God does?”

“Really?”

“Yep. He holds the whole world in his hands. My hands aren’t big enough to hold the whole universe, but God’s are.”

“Wow…”

“I know. And you know what else? Even though the universe is so so so big, God sees us… Ami, He sees you.”

“Right now?”

“Right now.”

She looked up at the ceiling. “Hello God!”

Ruben laughed. “Exactly. And He loves you so much. He sees the future and He knows exactly what’s going to happen. He has a wonderful plan for your life.”

“Is it super wonderful?”

“Super super wonderful! You just have to trust Him and know that He has the best plan, a better plan than you could ever come up with.”

“But my plans are so good.”

“They might be, but His are better. You can rely on Him.”

Ami’s mind snapped back to the present at the sound of her father’s voice.

“Ami?”

She stood up and gasped, running over to her father, who was supported by Destry. She gave him a gentle hug. “Are you feeling okay?”

“I could be better.”

She loved his smile. “Thanks, Dad.”

“For what?”

“Do you remember that time you helped me with my scale model of the solar system?”

“Vaguely.”

“I remember you telling me something about how God has a great plan for my life and that He holds the universe in his hands… Well, I finally understand that now.”

Ruben cocked an eyebrow. “I told you that?”

“I think so.”

“I’m glad you reminded me. Makes me feel like a successful parent.”

Ami smiled and wrapped her arm around his waist, helping Destry walk him over to the log she had been sitting on. “You’ve always been a successful parent.”

You too, Ami thought to her Heavenly Father. I’ve just been the problem child. I want to trust you. I’m done relying on myself because I’ve already made so many mistakes. I will trust you, God of the universe. My Protector.

“Did you hear me?”

Ami looked at her older brother. “What? Sorry, I was… I got distracted.”

Des shook his head and looked towards Ev. “Does she zone out like this around you too?”

“Not often. I tend to always have her attention.” He shot a wink at her, pink rising to Ami’s cheeks.

“Why’d you walk all the way back here, Dad?” Ami asked as they carefully sat down.

He groaned, stretching out his wounded leg. “Just wanted to see you.”

“He’s already been caught up on everything,” Des explained.

“Yeah,” Ami said with a sigh. “I don’t know how we’re going to get out of this one.”

“But they told me what you did… I’m proud of you.” Ruben’s brown eyes scintillated in the afternoon sun.

She couldn’t help but smile. “I had to keep us safe somehow. But I’m afraid that it will be a mistake. We might need that locket later.”

Ruben wrapped his arm around her shoulders and gave her a squeeze. “It’s okay. We’re safe for now. God knows what He’s doing.”

Ami leaned into his embrace. “Yeah, He does.”

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Smiley
                    @smiley

@esther-c

I loveee the scene!!! and it’s a good reminder, I relate to Ami heavily

Oxygen shortage

Trailblazer
                      @trailblazer
                        • Total Posts: 600

@esther-c

That’s so sweet! I love scenes with father-daughter interactions. 

"Real love is for your good, not for your comfort." -Justin Whitmel Earley

freedom
                        @freed_and_redeemed

@esther-c Awww🥹 I love it so much💕💕

freedom
                          @freed_and_redeemed

@smiley As my KP Leon Fan, XD, how is this scene sounding???

(this is just a small snippet; will prob get the scene shared later tonight or, more likely, prob tomorrow lol)

He was powerful. He could control all that happened on earth.

But he had betrayed Leon Wagner. Perhaps more than most.

Isaiah said Aadelheide’s death was the result of sinful mankind and God wasn’t to blame. But even if that were true, it didn’t answer the question of why God hadn’t done something.

Was he incapable of stopping the evil of mankind?

Was he incapable of hearing Leon’s pleas?

Leon’s gaze caught the faint outline of small whip scars that decorated and crisscrossed his bare back, a reminder of yet more pain he’d endured at the hands of his enemies. A reminder of what it felt like to be abandoned by the God you thought loved you.

freedom
                            @freed_and_redeemed

ngl, the final line of that snippet got me 😭

Smiley
                              @smiley

@freed_and_redeemed

……………………….

……………………………………

…………………………………….

❤️💔😭

not going to lie, that is by far the shortest I’ve read of your writing, but probably the saddest in my opinion, and I truly mean that, I don’t know why that got me like it did, but it was just really sad

Oxygen shortage

freedom
                                @freed_and_redeemed

@smiley I…uhm…have the full scene now 😭 @mineralizedwritings @esther-c @whalekeeper @koshka @elishavet-pidyon @lightoverdarkness6 @godlyfantasy12 @rae @anyone-else-idk-lol

I have a scene…

Only one warning: SADNESS. extreme sadness.

Every step sent a pulse of pain through Leon’s head. He gritted his teeth and pressed forward, his restlessness forbidding him to pause for even a second.

The Nazis would pay; they had to pay. Somehow, someway, they were required to pay. How could Leon forget—much less ignore—that his wife had died by their merciless hands? He couldn’t forget.

Much as he craved the alcohol he drank daily, each drink lasted for only a moment: a short time of numbness followed by intense pain Leon couldn’t seem to shake.

Greif that tore his heart out of his chest, squeezing, stealing his breath, his life, was something his heart hated yet was burdened to bear.

Leon stumbled into his bedroom and tore off his thin cotton undershirt, flecked with mud and stained with sweat and alcohol. Leon released a deep breath and brushed back his loose black curls with his shaky fingers; his eyes caught the ugly numbers that would forever scar his left forearm. 55464.

Leon huffed and lowered his arms.

What did it matter? Nothing could be done about it. Nothing could change what he’d endured. Nothing could give Leon back the hope he once possessed. Nothing could bring Aadelheide back.

And that fact probably hurt the most, knowing that nothing and no one could bring back what he wanted most.

Riker killed her and God allowed her to die, and Leon would never be able to have her back, no matter how much he wanted her in his arms.

Leon’s fists clenched; restless anger coursed through his veins. How could he not partially blame himself for not making Aadelheide leave with the kids? How could he ever forgive Riker, his wife’s murderer? How could he forgive—trust—God when he merely stepped aside and did nothing and let Leon’s beautiful wife die?

He was powerful. He could control all that happened on earth.

But he had betrayed Leon Wagner. Perhaps more than most.

Isaiah said Aadelheide’s death was the result of sinful mankind and God wasn’t to blame. But even if that were true, it didn’t answer the question of why God hadn’t done something.

Was he incapable of stopping the evil of mankind?

Was he incapable of hearing Leon’s pleas?

Leon’s gaze caught the faint outline of small whip scars that decorated and crisscrossed his bare back, a reminder of yet more pain he’d endured at the hands of his enemies. A reminder of what it felt like to be abandoned by the God you thought loved you.

Everyone that Leon knew—everyone that believed—said that God was good, that God cared, that God heard prayers and answered them. People said God cried when his children cried, people said God hurt when his followers hurt, people said God loved those who believed in him more than anything else.

But if that was true for them and true for so many, what about Leon? Had God forgotten? Had God not seen all of the pain? Had he slipped God’s mind? Or did God just not care?

Leon settled on the edge of his bed. His knuckles faded to white from the strain of clenched fists that refused to release. Tears burned his eyes and warmed his cheeks.

Nothing was the same. The house was different. His kids were silent, gone, taken by a woman who believed Leon incapable and underneath wanted the best for her grandchildren. And most of all, there was no Aadelheide, the one who had made their house a home.

The woman Leon loved more than anything else on earth.

The woman Leon promised the rest of his life to.

The woman Leon lost much too young, much too soon.

How stupid of him to think that life was timeless. How ignorant of him to fail to realize that his life could change in an instant.

He understood pain, even grief.

The loss of his mother at age five. His father at twenty. Aadelheide at twenty-four.

But Aadelheide was different. They had an entire life ahead of them; she had meant everything to Leon…more than life itself. But he’d lost her to the terror of genocide and the depravity of war.

And there was nothing he could do to change it.

A small book sat on the dresser just across from the bed, waiting, as if it mocked him and his pain. Louisa insisted on leaving it even as she fled with the children. Leon stood; through tear-blurred vision he groped for the book. His aching fingers gripped the leather cover.

His grip tightened and his tears filled with hot anger. Leon screamed and hurled the leather-bound book across the room, alone in his sorrow.

And the Bible fell to the floor with a thud.

Viewing 15 posts - 5,266 through 5,280 (of 5,657 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >