The Chat Chat

Viewing 15 posts - 5,626 through 5,640 (of 5,673 total)
  • Author
    LoopyLin
    @loopylin
      • Total Posts: 2062

@hybridlore

Hi! I’m doing good I think. I just got a job working at a candy shop at a theme park I grew up visiting every summer, so that’s kinda magical. And I’ve been doing a lot of art. My family is trying to get an apartment so we can move again.

That’s awesome that you’re doing driver’s ed! :] I was pretty terrified of driving a couple months ago, but it turned out to be much easier than I thought.

Space Princess ✨🪐 intp artist

LoopyLin
      @loopylin
        • Total Posts: 2062

@trailblazer

(I’m not from the south but I still like to use that lol)

Same XD

Space Princess ✨🪐 intp artist

Kylie
        @livingwoodchronicles
          • Total Posts: 267

Hello everyone! How is everyone doing ❤️🫶🏻

@loopylin
          @whalekeeper @highscribeofaetherium @savannah_grace2009 @trailblazer @mineralizedwritings

lost but not alone

MineralizedWritings
          @mineralizedwritings
            • Total Posts: 2803

@hybridlore @livingwoodchronicles

Thank you guys for asking! I’m going to answer as one bc there wouldn’t be a need to write it out twice XD

My health has been sooo rough lately, and unfortunately I can’t do much creative stuff when my mental health is so bad. I can still draw from reference though (because it’s not a creative task) so I’m doing drawing of Tony stark from endgame, right before he snaps his fingers. I’ve got a couple doctors appointments lined up, which I’m super nervous about, because doctors haven’t been able to help me much in the past. Anyways, that’s just life and sometimes it’s like that.

Other than that I’m going to uni this coming school year, for a degree in design. Still writing my comic books too, though slowly. I’ve got about 27k on my main series.

Oh, also have you guys noticed how much of us are on less? Like a lot of the older people just aren’t around ; (

How are you each doing? <3 And how has writing been?

へびは かっこいい です!

MineralizedWritings
            @mineralizedwritings

@loopylin

How is everyone doing? Are you guys almost done with school for the summer?

I know that was a old message lol but I’m replying anyways.

Unfortunately I’m about halfway through the quarter. Ugh. But I am planning graduation and stuff which is super cool and scary.

へびは かっこいい です!

Kylie
              @livingwoodchronicles

@mineralizedwritings Aww 🥰🤗 I’m sorry to hear that your health has been rough. May I ask what exactly is up? If not, that’s okay! I’ll still be praying 😉🫶🏻❤️

Oh, that’s SOOO amazing that your going to a university for design!!! Good for you – you’ll do amazing, I know it!

I have noticed that there are less people on (I’m partially guilty too, life’s been busy), who knows! Maybe they’re just prepping for grad stuff too!

lost but not alone

Kylie
                @livingwoodchronicles

I’m good though; super busy. I don’t know if y’all know, but I’m curating an anthology this year that will be published and released in the fall (I think September but I keep going back and forth with the date 🤔). All that to say, curating currently 15 stories written by several authors and its been a lot 😅 I kinda decided to do it out of no-where so its been a ride for sure! It’s a huge blessing and I’m so very thankful I get to do this!

I have my second installment to my trilogy coming out this year – Journey to Amber Forest is the title and so, I’m busy with that. Revisions, drafts after drafts, ghostwriting, illustrations, publishing! I have a podcast this upcoming week that I get to be on, that’s neat…umm, what else??

Oh! I’m graduating this year! Since I’m homeschooled I’m gunna graduate differently then the school system so I’ll be done and graduated right before August. Excited for that 🥳🤙🏻😁

Other then that, that’s about all that I’ve been up to!

lost but not alone

Trailblazer
                  @trailblazer
                    • Total Posts: 606

@livingwoodchronicles

I just replied to @hybridlore on the previous page, so I won’t repeat myself, but you can read that to see what I’ve been up to lately.

@mineralizedwritings

Oh, also have you guys noticed how much of us are on less? Like a lot of the older people just aren’t around ; (

Yeah, I’ve been popping on and reading things pretty regularly but I feel like I haven’t had much to add. I’ve been so busy that my creativity level has been lower, too, so I don’t have much new writing to share. Two of the historical WIPs I started have sorta been sitting on the back burner, and the other contemporary WIP I’ve been focused on still has too many gaps to really be able to share much of it. It wouldn’t make a lot of sense, because most of the plot is still a vague idea in my head that I haven’t quite been able to work out.

"Real love is for your good, not for your comfort." -Justin Whitmel Earley

HighScribe
                    @highscribeofaetherium
                      • Total Posts: 2238

@hybridlore @trailblazer

That sounds exciting! I hope it goes well.

HighScribe, that’s exciting! I’m sure you’ll do great!

Thanks guys <3 ^-^ I hope so too!

@hybrid

Good! Yeah, school almost always overflows into the summer for me too.

I’ve been doing drivers ed and my extended family’s getting ready to move out here, so that’s exciting.

That’s great that your family can move closer to you!

How is driver’s ed? I remember it being a huge pain for my older brother. I’ll be starting it sometime in the fall.

History is a wheel that has outlasted many hamsters.

Annoying side character of the KP cast.

HighScribe
                      @highscribeofaetherium
                        • Total Posts: 2238

@livingwoodchronicles

Hey, I’m good! Like I told Hybrid I’m testing for my blackbelt in karate tomorrow, so I’m excited for that (and more than a little nervous). School’s been moving along pretty slowly so we’re going to end up doing some in the summer, which is less than ideal, but ah well. I’m hoping it won’t be too much and I’ll be able to get a lot of rest this summer and maybe finally focus on actually writing :p

That’s really exciting about your second book!

Whooo graduating, that’s awesome! My older brother is graduating this year and I still can’t quite believe it. Are you going to college next year (or ever)?

History is a wheel that has outlasted many hamsters.

Annoying side character of the KP cast.

MineralizedWritings
                        @mineralizedwritings

@livingwoodchronicles

Aww 🥰🤗 I’m sorry to hear that your health has been rough. May I ask what exactly is up? If not, that’s okay! I’ll still be praying 😉🫶🏻❤️

Thanks, it’s ok I don’t mind sharing! I’ve been chronically ill most of my life, but keeping myself doing ok with supplements. When I was young (and still) , doctors would see my blood tests come back normal and decide there was nothing wrong with me, and I maybe just had anxiety or my mom was crazy. So now I don’t like doctors, but I’m going to try again because I don’t have a choice. I do have autonomic nervous system dysfunction, and a lot of stomach issues, and anxiety… the list goes on and on. It’s just becoming out of what my mom and I are capable of dealing with ourselves. I’ve been doing online school since the seventh grade to be able to handle my health at home, but I’m trying to move out this next year, so I need to find help fast 😭😅

Thanks for the prayers!

Oh, that’s SOOO amazing that your going to a university for design!!! Good for you – you’ll do amazing, I know it!

Thank you so much girl! I’m practicing extra hard on my art this summer to get ready : )

I have noticed that there are less people on (I’m partially guilty too, life’s been busy), who knows! Maybe they’re just prepping for grad stuff too!

Yeah, I suppose that’s why.

I’m good though; super busy. I don’t know if y’all know, but I’m curating an anthology this year that will be published and released in the fall (I think September but I keep going back and forth with the date 🤔). All that to say, curating currently 15 stories written by several authors and its been a lot 😅 I kinda decided to do it out of no-where so its been a ride for sure! It’s a huge blessing and I’m so very thankful I get to do this!

Wow that’s awesome! You go girl! I think I did see something about that on insta, but I didn’t know you were the one running it!

I have my second installment to my trilogy coming out this year – Journey to Amber Forest is the title and so, I’m busy with that. Revisions, drafts after drafts, ghostwriting, illustrations, publishing! I have a podcast this upcoming week that I get to be on, that’s neat…umm, what else??

Wow that’s so cool!

Oh! I’m graduating this year! Since I’m homeschooled I’m gunna graduate differently then the school system so I’ll be done and graduated right before August. Excited for that 🥳🤙🏻😁

Other then that, that’s about all that I’ve been up to!

Well that’s a lot lol! I’m glad to see it seems like you’re feeling better, is your leg still a problem? What are you doing after graduation?

へびは かっこいい です!

TheArcaneAxiom
                          @thearcaneaxiom
                            • Total Posts: 1254

It took 6 months for KP to get back to me y’all, but it finally happened! Life through the Eyes of Yesterdays is finally published if any of y’all would like to read it!

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

Kylie
                            @livingwoodchronicles

@mineralizedwritings I’m so sorry you have to deal with all of that, it can be incredibly frustrating as times, I know. I’ll be praying 🤗🙏 Prayer heals. God heals. I truly believe that. Anxiety in itself is a feat, but dealing with chronic pain is a difficult battle too. One that takes a lot of patience to conquer. Thank you for sharing 🫶🏻❤️ And again, I’ll be praying, and I don’t mean that lightly 💕

And you have such a talent for art! I can’t draw for my life!! 😆✨  You truly are gifted, and I’m sure that talent will be used tremendously!!

Yeah. I’m running an anthology, called Diverged in a Wood. It’s a Middle-Grade anthology and submissions just closed yesterday, so now I get to edit and check story flow!! I’m super stoked! It’s been such a blessing, one that I didn’t honestly think would happen lol.

After graduation, I’m just searching for a job and finishing books! My leg is better, yes. Pretty much all the way healed, or at the scarring is. It hurts when the weather changes, kinda like I’m a living barometer lol. God has been good though and the pain has taught me patience. It could have been a whole lot worse. And looking back, I’m alive lol. I’m breathing, I’m walking, which is something the doctor said I may never do the same. I can run in the freezing cold rain. I can dance in the fields of dandelions. I’m very blessed.

@highscribeofaetherium

Black belt, yo 🤙🏻🫶🏻❤️ That’s AWESOME!!! I never took karate but I took a Brazilian martial arts and uh, didn’t make it that far 😂
                              It’s so cool that you’re doing that!!! And I wish you the bestest luck on school and writing!!!

I don’t know about college yet. I need to think it over, I’m still praying about it 😜

lost but not alone

MineralizedWritings
                              @mineralizedwritings

@livingwoodchronicles

I’m so sorry you have to deal with all of that, it can be incredibly frustrating as times, I know. I’ll be praying 🤗🙏 Prayer heals. God heals. I truly believe that. Anxiety in itself is a feat, but dealing with chronic pain is a difficult battle too. One that takes a lot of patience to conquer. Thank you for sharing 🫶🏻❤️ And again, I’ll be praying, and I don’t mean that lightly 💕

Thank you for the prayers! I do believe God will heal my heart from what I’ve been through, and I know it takes time.

And you have such a talent for art! I can’t draw for my life!! 😆✨  You truly are gifted, and I’m sure that talent will be used tremendously!!

Thank you!

XD I hear people say things like that all the time, don’t expect it to come naturally! I’ve been drawing for 16 years to get here.

Yeah. I’m running an anthology, called Diverged in a Wood. It’s a Middle-Grade anthology and submissions just closed yesterday, so now I get to edit and check story flow!! I’m super stoked! It’s been such a blessing, one that I didn’t honestly think would happen lol.

Cool!

After graduation, I’m just searching for a job and finishing books! My leg is better, yes. Pretty much all the way healed, or at the scarring is. It hurts when the weather changes, kinda like I’m a living barometer lol. God has been good though and the pain has taught me patience. It could have been a whole lot worse. And looking back, I’m alive lol. I’m breathing, I’m walking, which is something the doctor said I may never do the same. I can run in the freezing cold rain. I can dance in the fields of dandelions. I’m very blessed.

So glad you’ve healed well! <3 And good luck you books and all!

へびは かっこいい です!

freedom
                                @freed_and_redeemed
                                  • Total Posts: 341

@livingwoodchronicles @mineralizedwritings

Happy for y’all!! 🫶 Congrats and best wishes to you for graduating!!! And I’ll be praying for you, Min ❤️

And I know you didn’t tag me, but imma gonna chat. (Haven’t been on KP at all in 2 weeks…y’all don’t worry if I disappear again for a while lol).

I am doing fairly well! Been learning how to try to put God first in my life, allowing God to help me stand strong, learning new things, writing, finalizing the book plans, and today creating an Instagram account for writing/overall use. Oh, and been having a lot of fun learning ASL fr! I’ve also been looking at the possibility of taking a red cross course and maybe starting another small business babysitting out of my family’s home. So yeah, life is going for sure. Feeling like it’s gone by too fast tbh, but God is good ❤️

So yeah! I’m good. Hoping no one worried too much while I was gone haha❤️😊🫶🤟

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by freedom.

author_katelyn_douglas on Instagram
                                  Freedom's Fire set to release Spring/Summer 2024

Viewing 15 posts - 5,626 through 5,640 (of 5,673 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >