The Chat Chat

Viewing 15 posts - 5,281 through 5,295 (of 5,657 total)
  • Author
    Smiley
    @smiley
      • Total Posts: 2179

@freed_and_redeemed

Leon… this is seriously the most tragic character in any of your books

okay so maybe not, but in my opinion he is

]Leon is dealing with the loss of a loved one, and even after he turns to God, he’ll still never have his wife with him on earth and my heart is broken. and is it possible I’m caring too much for a fictional character?

*shrugs* what else is new XD

I just recently read Heartless by Marisa Meyers, I don’t know if you’ve heard of it, but it’s basically about the queen of hearts before she becomes the queen of hearts

anyways it’s really sad and I was explaining the plot to my Mom and her response was this

“That right be the saddest thing you’ve ever told me” and I just nodded my head, yeah, like it destroyed me but it’s all good lol

Oxygen shortage

do your part, hold your breath

MineralizedWritings
      @mineralizedwritings
        • Total Posts: 2801

@whalekeeper @freed_and_redeemed @lightoverdarkness6 @loopylin

Lesli looks up as the door to the changing room clicks open.
        “How about this?” Layson steps out wearing a medium grey waistcoat with a white button up shirt.
        Lesli raises an eyebrow. “I think it’s great!”
        Tauren smiles. “You should get it.”
        Maylee nods in agreement.
        “I just want to say… I picked out the tie, and it was 50% off so I feel like I should get credit.” Tauren smiles.
        “–I was just about to say—” Lesli starts.
        “—Oh come’on, it’s cool.” Tauren sighs.
        Layson turns to look at the brown tie in the mirror. He glances back at Lesli to finish her thought.
        “It’s um—It’s really nice but I just think that it looks like you’re trying a little too hard. You want to look like—the best you possibly can while still looking casual.”
        Layson nods. “Maybe you’re right.” He untucks the tie from the waistcoat, looking down to carefully remove the knot.
        “—But it makes him look like he has money.” Tauren crosses his arms. “It’s only 2 grams paper, and it makes it look like he has double his actual salary. Now that’s a deal if I ever saw one.”
        “But—” Lesli starts.
        “Thanks guys, I think I’ll leave it.” He slides it off, setting it neatly on the discount rack where it was found.
        Lesli smirks at Tauren.
        “Layson come on, don’t you think Everly wants a guy with a bit of money?”
        “I’m sure she does, but I think I’ll trust Lesli’s advice this time.” Layson says, shutting the door to the changing room behind him.
        “B-but I know fashion too.” Tauren clenches his fists at his sides.
        “I know, but Lesli’s a girl, so I think she knows what girls like best.” Layson says from behind the door.
        Tauren side eyes Lesli, who stands patiently, holding Maylee’s hand.***
        “Oh fine, I know when I’m beat.” He grumbles, crossing his arms again. “But don’t you think it looks plain without it?”
        “That’s alright, I’ve got a leather belt I can wear with it.” Layson says, coming out of the changing room, holding the clothes. “Thanks though.”
        “Ok ok. It’s just a really nice tie for a really good price—” Tauren sighs in resignation.
        “It is nice! I never disagreed.” Layson walks past Tauren to the register.
        “What do you like so much about it?” Lesli asks.
        “—Oh just—the pattern, it’s not too much but it’s slightly noticeable…” Tauren’s voice turns to a mumble as he rakes a hand through his messy curls. “It’s just nice.”
        Lesli nods. “Sorry to put down your—”
        “Na… it’s ok Les.” Tauren smiles, shoving his hands into his pockets. “It’s just going to be one of those little things in life that will always bug me.”
        Lesli stares blankly.
        “I’m kidding I’m kidding, I’ll forget about it… someday.” Tauren laughs, following Layson as he starts to walk out the front door of the shop. Maylee runs from Lesli to hold onto Layson’s hand.
        “Where too next?” Layson says, picking up Maylee.
        “Let’s go in here.” Tauren points towards the next store.
        “Hey—I’ll meet you guys there ok? You can go on without me.” Lesli says, backing away from the group.
        “Sure.” Tauren looks back to acknowledge her.
        Lesli rushes through the crowd, stopping in front of the door to the previous shop.

へびは かっこいい です!

LoopyLin
        @loopylin
          • Total Posts: 2051

@mineralizedwritings Aww is Lesli going to buy the tie for Tauren?

Space Princess ✨🪐 intp artist

LoopyLin
          @loopylin

I’m not able to post on the school role play for some reason

LoopyLin
            @loopylin

And I can’t tag more than one person it seems? @whalekeeper

LoopyLin
              @loopylin

@rae ^

LoopyLin
                @loopylin

It also won’t let me make a new topic in questions/ support

aaaaaaaaaaaa

freedom
                  @freed_and_redeemed
                    • Total Posts: 337

@smiley It is very tragic💔😭

There is no such thing as caring for a character too much 😂

exactly…what else is new?? XD

I mean, Leon’s legit first song was “Tell Your Heart To Beat Again” by Danny Gokey, so…😭

OOF, that really sounds sad tbh.

author_katelyn_douglas on Instagram <3

freedom
                    @freed_and_redeemed

@smiley @godlyfantasy12 @lightoverdarkness6 @mineralizedwritings @whalekeeper @euodia-vision @grcr @savannah_grace2009

@rae
                      HERE IT IS!!!

This scene will possibly be paired with the Leon scene I just wrote and posted yesterday (meaning in the same chapter, lol) so I have a Riker scene to share!!!

It’s an old scene, but I rewrote and reworked it and I like it more now, haha.

Plus, though it won’t be a scene in the book…I have an extra, special scene that I’m going to work on that takes place right after this scene, but it’s special bc it won’t actually be in the book and y’all get to see it😏

an exclusive!😂

anywhooo, scene!!!

Each step sent aching pain throughout his body. Each step made his head pulse and his heart pound. He couldn’t walk without feeling dizzy…he couldn’t stumble along without grabbing onto something to keep him from falling flat on his face.

He didn’t always know what was going on, much less what he was doing. He shivered. He trembled. He shouldered on as if nothing was wrong when everything was wrong.

Riker silently chided his shaking hands, telling himself to breathe, telling himself to calm down, telling himself that everything was fine. But nothing could be further from the truth.

The kettle sat ready on the stove, but something was—ah, the tea was missing. He couldn’t make tea without tea.

Riker quietly chided his forgetfulness and did what he knew to do to prepare the tea; Riker stepped away from the stove and settled in a kitchen chair, gently rolling up his left shirtsleeve.

There was no need for so many clothes since the wound no longer bled. Riker gingerly began to pull at the makeshift bandages, slowly loosening them and prying them from his arm. His skin clung to the cloths, sticky with dried blood.

He winced at the pain and left the bottom wrapping where it was. The skin around the wound was red rather than its usual pale. It was fine…Riker was fine…the wound was fine.

Riker lowered his sleeve, stood, and stumbled outside the front door.

His vision blurred and he blinked several times to clear it.

“Do you want something?” Franz grumbled, seated in a chair on the front porch, a cigarette in hand.

“There-There’s tea if you want it… “ Riker groaned as a severe ache travelled through his skull.

Franz stood. “What’s your problem, boy?”

“Nothing, Father. I-I-I’m fine.”

He was alive. He was fine. He was just feeling pain…what was the problem in that? Nothing. Nothing was wrong with that. He deserved pain. He deserved more than pain. He deserved nothing less than Hell itself.

A chill spread up Riker’s spine; he trembled. Riker really was fine…his father didn’t need to know. He was—he was—Riker groaned.

His head throbbed. His body shook. His arm burned and ached. His head spun. He couldn’t think—he  couldn’t…he couldn’t—Riker moaned and collapsed onto the porch, his backside hitting the wood with a thud. He winced.

“What-!?”

“I-I’m…sorry. I…”

The world spun around him. His vision blurred. He felt dizzy…nauseous. His torso leaned back, and his legs went limp. He laid his head on the chilly wood. If he could just sleep for a few minutes…if  he could just rest for a few seconds…if he could just…just—”Herr Schind, what is wrong?”

“Like I should know. He just collapsed.”

Riker blinked several times. The voice…it was familiar. But his vision was too blurred—his head too dizzy—his mind too delusional to know much of anything that occurred around his frame.

“His head is warm, and his eyes are glassy. He’s ill,” hands rolled up Riker’s left sleeve, making Riker groan, “and his arm—dear Lord, help him. Yosef, go get a doctor. Hurry!”

The familiar voice…the familiar name.

Riker moaned. “Isaiah?”

Isaiah leaned over him, a small smile adding a few more small lines to his slightly wrinkled face. He moved Riker’s right arm out of the way and gently laid Riker’s left arm across his chest. Against his own will, Riker whimpered. Isaiah squeezed his left hand, softly. “It’s alright. Do you feel ill?”

“I-I-I’m…f-f-fine.” Riker replied; his body trembled from head to toe.

“I’ll take that as a yes,” Isaiah brushed a loose wave of hair off of Riker’s sweaty forehead, “but don’t worry, Yosef went to get help. A doctor will be here soon.”

Isaiah had suffered so much in the camp. Riker didn’t deserve his help…Riker didn’t deserve anyone’s help. Isaiah had been beaten…starved…he’d lost his oldest son, for that matter. Riker was just as guilty for Isaiah’s continued harm as he was Aadelheide’s death.

Warm tears coursed down Riker’s cheeks.

Isaiah’s calloused fingers brushed the tears away; his dark eyes filled with immense concern, and he glanced up. “Herr Schind, is there a pillow I could use to support his head?”

Footsteps sounded; Riker’s head pulsed. Though he tried, and struggled, to know everything that went on around him, he was barely aware of Isaiah lifting his upper body and his father slipping a pillow beneath his head.

Isaiah’s cold hand rested on Riker’s forehead whilst the other still held his hand. Riker sobbed. “I’m…I’m so sorry…”

“Shh…none of that. It’s alright. Don’t apologize. I’m going to get you some help. Just stay here…stay with me—thank you, Herr Schind,” a cold cloth rested on Riker’s forehead; Isaiah stroked Riker’s hair, “and just rest, Riker, rest.”

Isaiah gently began to sing a quiet song, a hymn, Jennie’s favorite song to sing—a song she sang daily as she went about her daily errands. Riker’s mind filled with images of his loving, gentle mother.

And his world faded into blessed darkness.

freedom
                      @freed_and_redeemed

@mineralizedwritings Aww, I love it! <3

Poor Tauren…no one wants to listen to him😅

also, I need to say that he’s the only thing I think of when I listen to Tauren Wells now XD

RAE
                        @rae
                          • Total Posts: 3013

@freed_and_redeemed

You’re gonna make me cry 😭😭😭😭 again!

I’m not gonna ask permission this time, I’m just gonna hug Riker no matter what 💗 The poor boy💔😭💔

He’s like the only who can get me to use emojis XD…well him and poor Hans

freedom
                          @freed_and_redeemed

@rae *offers tissues*

I KNOWWW HE NEEDS ALL OF THE HUGS!!! *joins you in hugging Riker*💔😭💕

that makes me feel so good tho ngl XD

-GRCR-
                            @grcr
                              • Total Posts: 949

@freed_and_redeemed

😭😭 awww Riker!!

(I actually really like this scene! It might even be one of my favorites, tbh… 💛💛)

...i see the world in my head every time i close my eyes...

Esther
                              @esther-c
                                • Total Posts: 3213

@smiley

Thanks!!

Aww, that makes me so glad. It’s encouraging to hear that, because that’s part of what I’m going for in this book. 😊

@trailblazer

Thank you!!

Yes, I love those types of scenes too. I don’t get to write many of them in the first book because they’re separated for most of the time, but when I do get to, I love it. 🥰

@freed_and_redeemed

Thanks!! I know, it’s so sweet <3

(And then in response to your scene)…

Aww, Leonnnnn!!! 😭😭

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Whaley
                                @whalekeeper
                                  • Total Posts: 2623

@mineralizedwritings @freed_and_redeemed

Good job, both of you!! <3<3

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

Viewing 15 posts - 5,281 through 5,295 (of 5,657 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >