Some of my art :)

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Art Some of my art :)

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 131 total)
  • Author
    Kads
    @scripter-of-kingdoms
      • Total Posts: 765

One of my characters, Yang Jinlong! I’m pretty happy with the style.

staring at the fields
      if nothing's really real
      i'll make the winter now my home

Keilah H.
      @keilah-h
        • Total Posts: 3875

@scripter-of-kingdoms Nice! Which of your stories is he from?

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

calidris
        @calidris
          • Total Posts: 109

@scripter-of-kingdoms  as you should be!  He’s adorable!  I really love the way you drew the glasses.  I’ve been struggling to draw gkasses that don’t completely overpower and distract from the face.  It never occured to me that I could just draw a part of them and kind of imply the rest 🙂

*laughs as one fey*

Kads
          @scripter-of-kingdoms

@keilah-h Thanks! He’s from a work titled Yin and Yang.

@calidris
            Aww, thanks! Haha, he’s my grumpy little burrito. Thank you! And ughhhhhh the struggle is sO REAL XDDD yeah, I tend to give glasses very vague outlines so as not to overpower the face.

staring at the fields
            if nothing's really real

Keilah H.
            @keilah-h

@scripter-of-kingdoms Cool! What’s it about? (And the fact you called him a grumpy burrito is plain hilarious.)

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Kads
              @scripter-of-kingdoms

@keilah-h LOL well, he is one. 😉

Yin & Yang is about two ordinary, unconnected teens – Yang Jinlong and Yin Meichen – that survive a devastating earthquake in Shanghai. Neither of them knows the other, and as it turns out, they’re the only survivors. Meichen, with no memory, and Jinlong, with memories intact but the worst temper you’ve ever encountered on planet Earth. They have to figure out how to pick their lives up off the ground, what the future has in store, and maybe, just maybe, learn to get along.

staring at the fields
                if nothing's really real

Katherine
                @mkfairygirl
                  • Total Posts: 549

@scripter-of-kingdoms Aaah, your drawings look AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! 😀

"It looks like a fairy world"~Meg from Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
                  Fall in love with Jesus

Linyang Zhang
                  @devastate-lasting
                    • Total Posts: 1700

@scripter-of-kingdoms Love the sparkles! He looks great, heh.

Lately, it's been on my brain
                    Would you mind letting me know
                    If hours don't turn into days

Keilah H.
                    @keilah-h

@scripter-of-kingdoms Awesome! It sounds really cool. And from the drawing I can see his personality is like what you described.

Kads
                      @scripter-of-kingdoms

@mkfairygirl Thanks!! :DD

@devastate-lasting
                        Lol, thanks. 😉 He’s pretty fun to draw. What with his grumpy burrito nature. ✨

@keilah-h
                        Thank you!! Haha, yep. He’s super crabby XDD

staring at the fields
                        if nothing's really real

Lydia S.
                        @lydia-s
                          • Total Posts: 399

@calidris

Aww, thx!

I know! It can be so sad to let a villain go. I know my main villain (the one who leads Aidyl further astray and prompts her to join him) is one of my favs due to his personality. He’s quirky, pessimistic, sarcastic, and generally very fun to write for. But my coauthor and I made the decision to let him go. It’s sad to watch him spiral down into darkness, but it had to happen. Some traitors don’t want to be redeemed. :’(

What’s your villain like?

@scripter-of-kingdoms

😉 <33

calidris
                          @calidris
                            • Total Posts: 109

@lydia-s oh my goodness, I’m so sorry I took this long to get back to you!

My villain and protagonist are both retired/defected super soldiers in the city of Spire, a Cold War inspired fantasy setting.  Sasha (later known as the Shrike) is the villain, and he was engineered in a sort of arms race after his nations’ rival created their own super soldier.  He was a part of a dangerous experiment involving the altering of reality to create a certain physical outcome, but instead of purely being affected by this alternate reality, he ended up becoming an alternate reality himself (you read that correctly lol).  He wants to erase Spire from existence to undo the harm the city did to him and countless others (including the protagonist, Saskia).  He ends up being redeemed and healed after a particularly nasty defeat, so it turns out alright for him in the end 🙂

The story basically focuses on a group of people who are determined to save a corrupt city that many wouldn’t consider to be worth saving.  I’m still working out a lot of quirks, especially involving Sasha’s role/nature

I don’t know if I’ve already asked you this, but what’s your story about?

*laughs as one fey*

Keilah H.
                            @keilah-h

@calidris Sounds awesome!

Kathleen
                              @kathleenramm
                                • Total Posts: 635

@scripter-of-kingdoms

I’m super late, but I just wanted to say that I love your most recent character sketch!! You can really get an idea of what kind of character he is by looking at it.

How long have you been doing character illustrations? And did you learn from anyone?

Lydia S.
                                @lydia-s
                                  • Total Posts: 399

@calidris

No, you’re totally fine! I’m sorry I’m so late. Between working and school, I don’t have a lot of free time. 🙁

Ooo, I love Sasha already!!! He sounds like an epic villain, and I love his bad guy name. I’m a big fan of the redemptive character arc, too. 😀

So, my fantasy WIP (the book Aidyl is from) is about Duxus Aledrick. Basically, he lives an average life in an average tribe with an average family (except that his mom has passed away). He’s the son of the chief, and, aside from his nemesis, Creare Nomis, his life is fairly perfect. Then everything changes overnight. His tribe receives an ultimatum from a neighboring tribe along with the news that there is a dragon on their island. This news sets off a chain of events which culminates in a battle for their island and the revealing of a pair of traitors. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 131 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >