Some of my art :)

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Art Some of my art :)

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 131 total)
  • Author
    calidris
    @calidris
      • Total Posts: 109

@scripter-of-kingdoms aww thanks!  I’m very pleased with how he turned out – I think I captured his personality really well.  That really means a lot to me!

@keilah-h
      thanks!  Misu is a guy, but I like to draw him with softer features because he’s a very gentle and kind character (depending on who you ask – he’s an angel in disguise, so he definitely has a scary side, but very few people have seen it).  He isn’t supposed to have pointy ears, but I can definitely see it!  I think it was a mistake I made while coloring it in lol

@lydia-s
      they look so cute and harmless!  Well, except for that little hook on their beaks.  Do you like birds?  I think that “The Shrike” was originally a placeholder name, and I ended up really liking it so it stuck.  He isn’t a particularly cruel or brutal villain, so I don’t think it was based on his personality.  But, it is fitting for a bad guy!

That’s really cool how you used a variety of inspirations for your story’s setting!  Often times I feel like fantasy settings are based off of one culture, but I think that it’s cool to use a variety of inspirations.  It is fantasy after all!  Plus, there’s so many cultures that are rarely used as inspiration.  I haven’t really heard of a lot of fantasy settings inspired by the Pacific Islands or by the Vikings – I think it’s great!

My setting’s inspirations are all over the place tbh.  Politically, it’s based off of early 1900s California – because it’s a territory of a larger nation, there’s very little governmental oversight and the place is basically ruled by corporations.  Historically, it’s based off of the Cold War – this nation recently came out if a catastrophic world conflict, and is now in an arms race with another country (Spire, the city the story is set in, manufactures weapons for the arms race).  But, the setting itself is what I can only describe as “roaring 20s cyberpunk” – I don’t really know how to explain it other than it just feels right!

*laughs as one fey*

Kads
      @scripter-of-kingdoms
        • Total Posts: 765

@calidris yesss!! He’s super handsome XD it turned out lovely! <33 and what- he’s an angel? No way, that’s so cool!!!!!!! 😮 Your artwork is simply stunning.

staring at the fields
        if nothing's really real
        i'll make the winter now my home

Kads
        @scripter-of-kingdoms

Pretty proud of this drawing! Here’s Min Yoongi from BTS. (I seem to be drawing all the members lately XD) It actually looks considerably like him!! I’m proud of it. The colours look even better in person, though.

staring at the fields
          if nothing's really real

calidris
          @calidris

@scripter-of-kingdoms oh my goodness that drawing is beautiful!  I love your choices in color, especially with the shading.  He looks so good!  And I totally get what you mean.  Pictures really flatten the colors 🙁  I still think he looks great, though!

Yeah, Misu’s definitely one of my favorites 🙂  I’m glad you like him too!

*laughs as one fey*

Kads
            @scripter-of-kingdoms

@calidris Thank you so so much!! :DDD Aw, thank you. Shading is one of my fave things to do in a drawing 😉 yeah, unfortunately. But thank you so much!! XD if the picture were any more realistic I’d swear I could hear his voice saying “hiii, I’m Sugaaa” XDDD (his stage name is suga and he always introduces himself like that LOL)

yeah!! he looks awesome!!

staring at the fields
              if nothing's really real

calidris
              @calidris

@scripter-of-kingdoms I love shading too!  It’s always hard for me to decude whether or not to make it more realistic or stylized, cause shading can really make or break the effect.   I love how he’s realistic, but also really stylized at the same time.  You did a great job!

*laughs as one fey*

calidris
                @calidris

Kiyoomi Sakusa from Haikyuu!  I don’t really do lineart very often, but I’m happy with how it turned out.  I think he turned out quite nicely 🙂

*laughs as one fey*

Kads
                  @scripter-of-kingdoms

@calidris So true. And thank you so much! I think the stylization worked out quite nicely 😉 Thank you for saying that, it really made my day, haha. Also, nice drawing! Are you a Haikyuu fan? The lineart looks nice!!

staring at the fields
                    if nothing's really real

calidris
                    @calidris

@scripter-of-kingdoms thanks!  Yeah, it’s my latest obsession lol.  I’ve almost finished it (at least until season 5 comes out 😉 ) Have you seen it?

*laughs as one fey*

Keilah H.
                      @keilah-h
                        • Total Posts: 3875

@calidris Well, it’s nice! And I think you captured his personality well–he seems like a kindhearted character from what I can see!

@scripter-of-kingdoms
                        I can’t see your drawing, is it there on your side?

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Kads
                        @scripter-of-kingdoms

@calidris I haven’t, haha. Do you recommend it? 😛

@keilah-h
                          It seems to have disappeared… I’ll repost. Here’s Yoongi.

staring at the fields
                          if nothing's really real

Kads
                          @scripter-of-kingdoms

I did this sketch for Inktober, but it turned out SUPER cool, so… posting it here. XD Kim Seokjin from BTS, with the prompt “suit” incorporated into the sketch! I added suits of cards as well as him wearing a literal suit lol.

staring at the fields
                            if nothing's really real

calidris
                            @calidris

@keilah-h thank you!

@scripter-of-kingdoms
                              YES!  It’s sooo good.  It’s a slow burn, so personally I found season one a bit boring, but it was setting up a lot of the conflict and character development in later seasons.  The character development is top tier btw.  Literally every character has character development, even the characters from the rival teams.  There was this one character on a team they were playing who had like maybe three minutes of screen time, and they managed to give him character development in those 3 minutes!  It feels very natural, too, instead of shoehorned in.  Plus, all of the characters are very flawed and human, and there’s a ton of super sweet and wholesome friendships between characters on rival teams!  I can’t recommend this show enough lol.  It does have some swearing and a few questionable scenes, but overall it’s pretty clean.  Also, I’m going to warn you ahead of time, a lot of the series is basically watching the main cast play volleyball, so if you hate volleyball then it might not be the best fit lol.  Then again, I hate watching sports, but I love it!  It actually inspired me to get into volleyball (not yet, but hopefully in the near future).

*laughs as one fey*

calidris
                              @calidris

@scripter-of-kingdoms he looks great!  I love the shading- it looks so natural, even though you were using pens!

*laughs as one fey*

Kads
                                @scripter-of-kingdoms

@calidris Ahh, I see. The characters sound awesome! 😀 I might just check it out then! And thank you–but that’s actually pencil! XD Glad you like it!!!

staring at the fields
                                  if nothing's really real

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 131 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >