Prayer Requests for Anyone

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Mission, Calling & Ethics Prayer Requests for Anyone

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 266 total)
  • Author
    Sara
    @savannah_grace2009
      • Total Posts: 1995

@esther-c

We use a curriculum that helps their students achieve excellence and don’t quite let them slack off (for the most part). If you’re interested, it’s the Abeka Book program. It’s pricey, but it’s cheaper than going to most private schools full-time.

I’ve actually used that program when I was homeschooled, and it really wasn’t my favorite. I don’t know why…I just didn’t feel like it taught me that much XD

We used Sonlight, and then we just combined a bunch of curriculums for what we needed.

Another option that I would suggest is looking around your area for hybrid schools. For these, you go to school two or three days a week, and the rest of the days you do your schoolwork at home. For some hybrid schools, you have to be a full-time student and take all the core classes, but for others, like the one I attend, you can pick and choose which classes you take.

I’ve heard of these! Unfortunately we are in such a small and rural community that we don’t have any hybrid schools like ANYWHERE. I haven’t heard of any even IN Montana XD they do sound great though!

Anyway, if you do choose to homeschool, make a routine and stick to it. That’s what helps me a lot. I mean, I’ve been taught not to slack off, but there are things I can procrastinate with and I shouldn’t. 😅

Yeah, that’s what we did for homeschool when I did it before. School always started at 8:30 and we went until we got everything done (which was sometimes even before lunch so that was nice!)

If you ever have questions about homeschooling, I got you. 😁 My brother graduates next year and he’s been homeschooling since the beginning, so I’m learning from him and I’m learning as I go too.

Thanks! My family’s been homeschooled my whole life…I’m the only one who switched to public school so it’s kind of weird haha! Everyone thinks our family’s really strange XD I get so many questions about when my siblings are coming…and I keep telling them “I DON’T KNOW!!! EVEN MY MOM DOESN’T KNOW! NOBODY KNOWS SO JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!” I mean  I don’t yell at them or tell them to leave me alone..but you get the idea XD

Lukas&Livia
      #Lalbert
      Sef&Chase
      #HOTTOLINE
      LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

RAE
      @rae
        • Total Posts: 3026

I feel like I’m always posting stuff on here..

Anyways

Some of you know I have been diagnosed and treated for Lyhmes and Legionella recently. Even fewer of you know I’ve been sick a lot recently. I haven’t had a cold or anything, but something weirder.

I’ve had to quit working at the Stable because of it. And I dropped out of formal debate in school because I knew my teammates wouldn’t be able to depend upon me. I’ve only been able to get 10% of my work done each week which all of that is totally not my norm.

I won’t explain all my symptoms, but brain fog, dizziness, exhaustion, sudden moid swings, I mixed flu up with lyhmes today! I know better! Oddest of all, my symptoms only are usually there every other day. One day I feel like I just can’t get up, the next I feel like cleaning the whole house., but if I do anything I feel exhausted. I cleaned off my brother’s desk and felt like taking a nap. A desk! 

Apparently Sunday I slept eighteen hours straight according to my mom. Idk, I don’t remember much from Sunday.

So, we visited the doctor and I have a strand of Bartonella now. Yay. The tick-borne disease that can cause seizures in advanced stages (thankfully, that has NOT happened).

So, I’m gonna ask for prayer, I have probably four to six weeks of treatment coming up, and that could either go really well or very badly.

So, I think that’s it.

Silvanis: But I look like a peacock!
        Rosella: Whatever a peacock is, it must be very fashionable.

Sara
        @savannah_grace2009

@rae

Oh no…girl I am so sorry…*hugs*

I am praying for you <3

Lukas&Livia
          #Lalbert
          Sef&Chase
          #HOTTOLINE
          LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Whaley
          @whalekeeper
            • Total Posts: 2637

@rae

Sorry about that, girl. Wishing you a steady recovery 😔

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

HighScribe
            @highscribeofaetherium
              • Total Posts: 2238

@rae

I’m so sorry you have to go through all this. I’ll be praying for you ❤️

History is a wheel that has outlasted many hamsters.

Annoying side character of the KP cast.

LoopyLin
              @loopylin
                • Total Posts: 2062

@rae

That sounds rough, I’m sorry. I prayed as soon as I read it and I’ll try to keep praying ❤️

Space Princess ✨🪐 intp artist

Trailblazer
                @trailblazer
                  • Total Posts: 606

@rae

Aw, sorry to hear that! That sounds rough! I’ll be praying!

"Real love is for your good, not for your comfort." -Justin Whitmel Earley

hybridlore
                  @hybridlore
                    • Total Posts: 1359

@rae

I’ll also be praying for you!

There is always light behind the clouds.
                    - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

Esther
                    @esther-c
                      • Total Posts: 3221

@savannah_grace2009

I’ve actually used that program when I was homeschooled, and it really wasn’t my favorite. I don’t know why…I just didn’t feel like it taught me that much XD

We used Sonlight, and then we just combined a bunch of curriculums for what we needed.

Fair XD Did you use the videos or did a parent teach you?

Yeah, if you’ve homeschooled before, then I’m sure y’all will have an idea of what curriculum you want to use.

I’ve heard of these! Unfortunately we are in such a small and rural community that we don’t have any hybrid schools like ANYWHERE. I haven’t heard of any even IN Montana XD they do sound great though!

Lol!

Yeah, they are really cool.

Thanks! My family’s been homeschooled my whole life…I’m the only one who switched to public school so it’s kind of weird haha! Everyone thinks our family’s really strange XD I get so many questions about when my siblings are coming…and I keep telling them “I DON’T KNOW!!! EVEN MY MOM DOESN’T KNOW! NOBODY KNOWS SO JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!” I mean  I don’t yell at them or tell them to leave me alone..but you get the idea XD

Oh ok, cool! That must have been an interesting transition…

XD Yeah, totally get that 😂

@rae

Oh my goodness, that is not fun!! I’ll be praying! ❤️

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Sara
                      @savannah_grace2009

@esther-c

I kind of taught myself, I guess? I was always pretty independent but if I needed help I always asked my Mom.

It was pretty overwhelming at first…I was really socially awkward and didn’t know how to be around other kids my age.

Lukas&Livia
                        #Lalbert
                        Sef&Chase
                        #HOTTOLINE
                        LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Keilah H.
                        @keilah-h
                          • Total Posts: 3875

@rae oh no that’s terrible! I’ll be praying!

oh and if it’s a tick borne disease….where do you think you got it??

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Esther
                          @esther-c
                            • Total Posts: 3221

@savannah_grace2009

Oh ok. The teachers I had on video were awesome. (Most of them… some of them not so much XD)

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

RAE
                            @rae
                              • Total Posts: 3026

@everyone

Thank you for the prayers.

@keilah-h

I’ve had it for a long time, just tick diseases take a while to set in. I’m considered in a high risk area for tick bites (stable, live near woods, et cetera) too.

Silvanis: But I look like a peacock!
                              Rosella: Whatever a peacock is, it must be very fashionable.

Keilah H.
                              @keilah-h
                                • Total Posts: 3875

@rae ah ok.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Stephie
                                @stephie
                                  • Total Posts: 61

I’m going to be praying for you 🙂

I’ve been going through very similar experiences at school. You are not alone.

I don’t know why people judge others based on their physical abilities or the games they play. Whether or not you play hockey has really nothing to do with whether or not you’re a nice person.

John 15:19 is a comfort to me when I feel alone because of my faith:

If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.

"Courage, dear heart." -Aslan

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 266 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >