Prayer Requests for Anyone

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Mission, Calling & Ethics Prayer Requests for Anyone

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 266 total)
  • Author
    Allison
    @acancello
      • Total Posts: 838

@rae

Ill keep praying! Its good that you found out whats the matter and how you can treat it 💗.

Trailblazer
      @trailblazer
        • Total Posts: 606

@rae

That sucks that one medication causes another ailment- you’d think there should be some sort of medication for you that would improve things instead of making problems worse.

It’s sort of sad, because Smarties used to be my favorite candy, until I started using them to bring up my blood sugar. They hit my system faster, which is why I prefer to use them over other candy, but now it’s hard to even think of them as candy anymore lol.

"Real love is for your good, not for your comfort." -Justin Whitmel Earley

Whaley
        @whalekeeper
          • Total Posts: 2637

@mineralizedwritings @loopylin @freedomwriter76 (I am still tagging you all the time, I don’t care if you don’t see it) @godlyfantasy12 @rae @esther-c @euodia-vision

Hey guys! ❤️

So uh, this is a bit of a weird request, but I was wondering if y’all could pray for my brother.

My mum has told me before, a few weeks back, that three of us kids strike her as neurotypical, and the other three, neurodivergent. She thinks my brain works differently, as well as two of my little brothers. (Both my parents have a few atypical habits, but it isn’t really that noticeable.) And before that, I had noticed on my own that my one brother was becoming harder to ignore.

He has crazy sensory differences. He’s also very hyper-fixated on stuff, so if something doesn’t go his way, he gets super upset and loud. It isn’t because he’s selfish, because he’s really sweet and thoughtful when you get to know him. But as a toddler, he had communication issues and is still catching up. Everything just overwhelms him, and it’s the only way he can react.

That’s not the problem. I love how he is and I don’t want him to change. But other people want him to change.

It’s upsetting, because a few people see him as the “problem child” and don’t understand his mindset. I’ve actually had to break up verbal fights between him and some adults, because they don’t know better, and my parents aren’t in the room to support him. Me and my mum are the only ones who can calm him.

And I feel guilty about it… because with me in the room, being the sympathetic mediator, the GOOD child, it makes my brother look even worse.

Some people see me as the favorite child, and treat me with more grace. And it makes me mad, because have very similar sensory issues, and they don’t even know. For example, I spent my birthday with this dynamic boiling in the same house, during the festivities, and I had a literal panic attack at the very end. But somehow I figured out how to mask the attack – keep it hidden until I could let it out in my room – and now I’m better off. Nobody noticed except my parents. Like, what if I had just screamed it out? Maybe I should have. I’m upset that I had to hide it, and equally upset that my brother can’t do the same thing.

My brother is little, he’s a rough-and-tumble boy. He needs way more grace than me 🤣

People need to understand him better. That’s all. Sooo prayers would be appreciated ❤️ Even though I feel embarrassed for asking and should not get so easily angry about the situation.

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

Whaley
          @whalekeeper

Holy cow, that was long 😅

HighScribe
            @highscribeofaetherium
              • Total Posts: 2238

@whalekeeper

I’ll be praying 🙏

History is a wheel that has outlasted many hamsters.

Annoying side character of the KP cast.

Esther
              @esther-c
                • Total Posts: 3221

@whalekeeper

Oh man, yeah I can see how that would be tough. You’re in my prayers. 🙏🏻 ❤️

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

RAE
                @rae
                  • Total Posts: 3026

💕 Praying

I’m here for you until the end of the line <333

Silvanis: But I look like a peacock!
                  Rosella: Whatever a peacock is, it must be very fashionable.

Whaley
                  @whalekeeper

@highscribeofaetherium @esther-c @rae

Thx girls ❤️❤️

LoopyLin
                    @loopylin
                      • Total Posts: 2062

@whalekeeper

I’ll be praying for both you and him. ❤️ Not being able to regulate or mask symptoms at all sounds hard

Space Princess ✨🪐 intp artist

Sara
                      @savannah_grace2009
                        • Total Posts: 1995

@whalekeeper

Aww, that’s hard…I’ll be praying for you <3

Lukas&Livia
                        #Lalbert
                        Sef&Chase
                        #HOTTOLINE
                        LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Sara
                        @savannah_grace2009
                          • Total Posts: 1995

@not-sure-who-to-tag

Can you guys pray for me and my relationship with my family? (more specifically my little sister)

Ever since I went to public school, I’ve started putting up walls between me and my family. I used to come home from school and vent to my mom about EVERYTHING, and in the last year or so (moreso this year) I just started being more distant and actively trying not to talk to anyone about how I’m feeling. I guess I kind of felt like it didn’t do any good to tell anyone what I’m going through because it’s constantly the same and doesn’t get any better? And I felt like by telling my family that I’m not okay was like having a pity party and feelings sorry for myself.

Anyway, I’ve just been super like, idk, feeling unattatched with my family. And the hardest part is with my little sister. She really misses me, and since she’s an extrovert, she wants to hang out the second I get off the bus home and walk in the door. At that point, I just want to go in my room and be alone for like three hours, but she doesn’t understand that. Since school really stresses me out sometimes, I kind of take it out on my family and my sister, and it doesn’t help my relationship with her much.

Since my sister isn’t hanging out with me as much, she really bonded with our little brother, so much so to the point where they kind of exclude me. I know I shouldn’t let it bother me, but I feel like I’m the only one that’s so emotionally unstable and kind of the “problem child” even though I’m the oldest?

I keep trying to convince myself I’m fine, but the truth is, its not getting any better.

Sorry, I’m having trouble putting coherent thoughts together right now… XD XD

Lukas&Livia
                          #Lalbert
                          Sef&Chase
                          #HOTTOLINE
                          LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

HighScribe
                          @highscribeofaetherium
                            • Total Posts: 2238

@savannah_grace2009

Praying for you ❤️🙏

History is a wheel that has outlasted many hamsters.

Annoying side character of the KP cast.

MineralizedWritings
                            @mineralizedwritings
                              • Total Posts: 2803

@whalekeeper

That sounds really rough. I’ll pray for you and your brother! <3

へびは かっこいい です!

MineralizedWritings
                              @mineralizedwritings
                                • Total Posts: 2803

@savannah_grace2009

Man that’s rough. I’m really sorry you’re going through that. My personal opinion is that maybe mending your relationship with your mom is the most important thing, because then she can give you advice on your relationship with your siblings. It must be hard because your siblings are younger, and maybe don’t understand. My sister and I are only 2 years apart, so we could explain things to eachother when our relationship wasn’t quite right. I used to info dump my feelings to my mom, and I never stopped, even though I’m a adult now. I think it’s perfectly fine and even though it frequently is the same thing each time, it always feels good to get it off my chest. And usually she tells me it won’t last forever, which is a good reminder. Idk what your family members are like and how things go between you guys, but you could totally tell your mom everything you just wrote here. She might be able to help you, and you being vulnerable is like opening the door to a better relationship with her. Again though, idk what your family is like. My mom likes it when we talk to her about the things we need help with. I’ll pray for you! <3

Maybe write her a letter if talking is to hard? <3

へびは かっこいい です!

Esther
                                @esther-c
                                  • Total Posts: 3221

@savannah_grace2009

I think I understand where you’re coming from to a degree. With school and writing (and during certain months sports), it can be hard to spend time with your family or even want to sometimes. I know our family typically hangs out in the evening, it’s never been too much of a problem for us. But I understand trying to make your sister feel loved and struggling a little bit. One thing that’s helped me a lot is prayer. Pray about, which I’m sure you’re already doing. And try to figure out her love language too. My sister is younger than me and her love language is touch, so I try to show her love by giving her the occasional hug or kiss on the cheek. She also loves spending time with me, which is hard for me to do, so I cheat a little and focus on the others ways she appreciates me showing her love, like touch, words, or gifts. Sometimes little things help bring people together. You don’t need to spend time with her all the time, but try to tell her you love her. Give her a hug when you come home. Whatever will make her feel loved and special. I know that’s helped me a lot. (Because I struggle having patience with my sister sometimes. 😅)

I also second what Min said. That’s a really good idea.

Anywayyy, I will be praying. ❤️ I understand where you’re coming from. If you ever wanna chat, I’ll be here. 😊

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 266 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >