My Introduction

Home Page ā€ŗ Forums ā€ŗ General Site Info ā€ŗ Start HERE ā€ŗ My Introduction

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Liberty
    @liberty
      • Total Posts: 48

@jonas

Thanks! Iā€™ll check it out! Also, how in the world did I get a rank? What does it mean? And (most importantly) how can I change it!? (I do not like the rank of Bumbling Henchman!) Whatever that means.

Ā 

-GRCR-
      @grcr
        • Total Posts: 947

@liberty

Ummā€¦I donā€™t know what song will always remind me of last yearā€¦perhaps ā€œPsalm 23ā€ from the Sight&Soung show, DAVID?

Ahh fun!!Ā I love Sight&Sound theaters, and we live pretty close as well!!

ā€œWhat be a cretin?ā€
        ā€œOf course you wouldnā€™t know. Itā€™s aā€¦ bread you put in salad.ā€

Cloaked Mystery
        @jonas
          • Total Posts: 2624

@liberty

Rank is based on your number of posts.

At 20 or so, you will become a charismatic rebel.

šŸ° Fantasy Writer
          āœØ Magic System Creator
          šŸŽ­ Character RPer
          šŸ“š Appreciator of Books

hybridlore
          @hybridlore
            • Total Posts: 1357

@liberty

Character conflicts are fun! Honestly, I like reading those kinds of scenes too, mostly just for all the emotions between characters. It does sound weird, but I get what you mean.

Sounds cool! I would love to hear more!

There is always light behind the clouds.
            - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

Liberty
            @liberty

@jonas

Wow! I wonder who came up with the names. Thanks again!

Esther
              @esther-c
                • Total Posts: 3213

@liberty

Welcome to Kingdom Pen!! Iā€™m Esther: a volleyball-playing, violin-squeaking, dog-obsessed, homeschooled, fiction-writing, God-loving, teen girl!

Time for some questionssss

1. Whoā€™s your favorite character youā€™ve ever written? Why? What are they like?

2. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be and why?

3. Who is your favorite author(s)? Favorite tv show or movie?

Nice to meet you and hope to see ya around!! šŸ‘‹

Write what should not be forgotten. ā€” Isabel Allende

Liberty
                @liberty

@hybridlore

Great! So, their land is called Terrance. There are two kinds of horses: Scoros and Celetians. Can you guess what they are? Well, unbelievers and Christians.

All the horses have wings, but they canā€™t use them. The wings are sort of just a bundle on their back. This isnā€™t strange because every horse is born like this. Many, many years ago, the horses used to be able to fly and dwell with the King in the clouds. But, after they disobeyed the King, they were banished to the ground, and their ability to fly and be with the King was destroyed.

However, after the Prince came to die for the horses, their wings could be restored if they believed and followed him. Do you see the parallels here?

Now this is the back story for my book, Thorn.

Thornbriar is a young prince colt born in a Scoro herd. However, his life is drastically changed. After being banished from his herd, and nearly killed, he finds himself in a Celestian band. Heā€™d never come across horses like these before, though he had heard of them. He knows thereā€™s something different with them, and he desires for their peace, but he doesnā€™t see the end of himself. After a fight with one of the Celestians, Thornbriar flees into a very dangerous forest. After a series of events, each one brings Thornbriar to confront himself, Thornbriar is brought to the very end of himself and is finally ready to submit to the King and the Prince.

The book Thorns ends with Thornbriar getting saved and having his wings made anew. Then the sequel, Sun, comes in.

So, yeah! Thatā€™s a much more detailed version of my story. What do you think?

hybridlore
                  @hybridlore
                    • Total Posts: 1357

@liberty That sounds really cool! If you end up wanting to post it on here, Iā€™d love to read it!

There is always light behind the clouds.
                    - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

Liberty
                    @liberty

@hybridlore

*smile*

TheArcaneAxiom
                      @thearcaneaxiom
                        • Total Posts: 1250

@liberty

I love the quote/verse you have at the bottom of your post! He IS always good.

Thanks! Thatā€™s an ArcaneAxiom original actually.

Hard building. I actually donā€™t really like writing about magic. I mean I sometimes have what you would call magic in my stories, but it is usually viewed as bad. Thatā€™s just for me. However, thatā€™s not to say that awe-ing things donā€™t happen. I usually write good magic as miracles or specific gifts given by the King (God) to His people.

Fair enough. I was referring to worldbuilding in general though, not specifically magic. Iā€™ve always found that interesting though. Personally I donā€™t have any problem with writing about all sorts of magic. Magic as a concept is very broad, and can mean different things to different people. Many Christians take magic to mean witchcraft and sorcery, with the connotation of counterfeits of miracles, others take it to mean what happens that we cannot understand, such as God even.

Iā€™m currently working on completing many unfinished stories, but the book that Iā€™m really working (one that I may publish), is called Thorn. Itā€™s about horses. The story is a picture of salvation.

ā€œThe story is a pictureā€ Interesting description. By picture do you mean a written vision of how salvation may work?

Okay, a favorite concept Iā€™ve seen in other books is a certain character stereotype. Itā€™s a bad guy, turn good guy. My siblings know this one. So many of my favorite characters are bad guys turned good. Thereā€™s just something so attractive about those characters. And because they were once very opposed to the good, theyā€™re very strong for it.

If thatā€™s a arch-type you like, then do I got the thing for you. Have you ever heard of Avatar the Last Airbender?

Iā€™m not sure about the concepts I have found. I like the redemptive themes, and concepts that convey tough questions.

Yeah, redemption is always a beautiful thing. Thatā€™s what the Gospel is all about, that is the good news.

Now, the last question. True nothingness? Well, nothingness is living apart from Jesus, the only source of life.

Fair enough definition. So thatā€™s more nothingness experientially. Iā€™m thinking logically though. If your experientially out of Christā€™s presence, then you are still there, and you are not nothing, unless your referring to annihilationism.

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

Liberty
                        @liberty

@esther-c

Wow! We have a lot in common! Jesus, volleyball, dogs, homeschooling, writingā€¦

1. Thatā€™s a super hard question. I donā€™t even know if I have an answer. However, I really like writing my characters who have big struggles. They are usually internal struggles. Probably because Iā€™ve had experiences like that too.

2. Thatā€™s another hard one. Uhh, I love Iceland. Itā€™s so beautiful, but because my favorite ever horse breed originates from there! Thereā€™s also Scotland because I have relatives there. (Iā€™m 1/4 Scottish, Clan Sutherland!)

3. Ahhh. This oneā€™s easier. Well, some of my favorite authors are C. R. Hedgecock, John J. Horn, Douglas Bond, Chuck Black, and C. S. Lewis.

Favorite movies:

1. MY FAVORITE MOVIE EVER!!!!! Return to the Hiding Place.Ā  Ā Every young Christian should watch this movie!! Okay, perhaps not everyone.

2. The BEST HORSE MOVIE EVER!!!!! If youā€™re a horse lover, youā€™ve got to see this one! War Horse!!!

3. Beyond the Mask. Amazing 1700ā€™s story filled with thrill and a redemptive story.

4. Robin Hood with Russel Crowe

5. The Chronicles of Narnia

6. Hornblower. I love this series!

freedom
                          @freed_and_redeemed
                            • Total Posts: 333

@liberty TY!!! šŸ’–šŸ’–

my tag also used to be FreedomWriter76, but I left for almost 2 weeks and then came back with a new tag, LOL

sweet!!! I havenā€™t written too much from those periods, but I do have a couple American Revolution ideas!

My fav time period to read/write is WW2 tho šŸ˜‰

'Thought I'd wait'
                            'For what?'
                            'For the right partner'

freedom
                            @freed_and_redeemed
                              • Total Posts: 333

@liberty HOLD UP! HOLD UP!

You like Beyond the Mask too??

I still love that movie, and I used to be OBSESSED with it, LOL

Ā 

William Reynolds was one of the inspirations for one of the MCs of the novel Iā€™m in the process of publishing, hehe XD

'Thought I'd wait'
                              'For what?'
                              'For the right partner'

Liberty
                              @liberty

@thearcaneaxiom

Yes, my book, Thorn is kind of like an allegory.

Btw, how do you do the green line thingy?

Liberty
                                @liberty

@freed_and_redeemed

Yes! My family loves that movie! One of my characters is kind of like Will Reynolds, too.

Ahhā€¦I feel so good that Iā€™m not a Bumbling Henchman anymore. Although, Charismatic Rebel is really odd as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >