My Introduction

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE My Introduction

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Koshka
    @koshka
      • Total Posts: 1424

@liberty

Welcome to the Kingdom of Pen! I’m Koshka, a writer of middle-grade medieval fantasy, contemporary sci-fi (if that’s what you want to call it), and random poetry.

You like Church Black?! His Knights series is one of my favorite medieval fantasy series (Sir Dalton being my favorite of his books). My sister’s dog is actually named Sir. Duncan (it fits him perhaps too well). Black’s Kingdom series was good, but not my favorite. I’ve read the first of his Starlore Legacy and enjoyed it, but I haven’t gone on the next book yet.

And, did I read that right? Your family is getting into reenacting? I’d love to get into that, although I’d probably spend way too much time than I already do researching historical oddball stuff. Do you have a kit yet? I’m currently working on a 1860’s kit, and am down to just the actual dresses and some accessories (and shoes. I had no idea how expensive those would be).

And now it’s time for the traditional Ask-the-newbie-questions!

1. If you could ride a dragon for a day, or own a horse for life, which would you choose? (May already know the answer for this one.)
      2. What is the hair color of your favorite author?
      3. Do socks belong on chair feet?
      4. Should pineapple on pizza be a thing?
      5. And Last but not least, Do you like jellybeans?

Welcome to the Kingdom!

*Hands you a bowl of raspberries*

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Cloaked Mystery
      @jonas
        • Total Posts: 2624

@liberty

Welcome to KP! I’m Jonas, more enigmatically known as Cloaked Mystery. I write mostly in the fantasy genre, but usually with hard rules that verge on sci-fi. I like creating magic systems, usually hard ones, but I have a few soft-ish ones. My current project, which I am working on with my sister, @highscribeofaetherium, is a large fantasy universe that contains many different planets.

Some of my favorite authors are Tolkien and Brandon Sanderson. Sanderson’s Cosmere in particular is a huge inspiration behind my projects, particularly the magic systems.

Outside of writing, I play and compose music (I play piano.) I’m nearly a black belt in karate. I play video games, and am also an amateur video game designer. I also enjoy participating in the many character RPs on here.

See you around KP!

🏰 Fantasy Writer
        ✨ Magic System Creator
        🎭 Character RPer
        📚 Appreciator of Books

TheArcaneAxiom
        @thearcaneaxiom
          • Total Posts: 1250

@liberty

Welcome to KP!

I’m the Arcane Axiom, I love math, searching for divine fundamental truth, and exploring that in my writing. I read/write sci-fi/fantasy, and am currently working on a universe with my sister called the Sceptrum.

Questions:

Do you lean towards hard or soft worldbuilding? (Hard meaning concrete rules for the reader to follow, vs soft meaning anything goes.)

Do you have any project your working on? What is it about?

What’s a favorite concept you’ve seen from other stories?

What’s a favorite concept you’ve come up with yourself?

And last but not least:

Can you define what true nothingness is?

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

hybridlore
          @hybridlore
            • Total Posts: 1354

@liberty Hi, it’s nice to meet you! I’m Hybridlore or Hybrid, also a homeschooler (I’m 15, but I’ll be sixteen in September) and I write YA science fiction. I’ve been interested in the Starlore legacy for a while but I haven’t been able to find it at the library :/. Glad to hear that it’s good, I’ll have to keep searching!

What do you like most about your genre, ad what’s your WIP about?

There is always light behind the clouds.
            - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

Artistodysseyfan
            @artistodysseyfan
              • Total Posts: 39

Hey @Liberty!

Welcome to KP! I’m 16 too! And I love Chuck Black’s Arrethtrae series (Especially Gavin’s books!!!)

I love drawing as well

Welcome to KP!

“For I know the plans I have for you. Declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you,

Liberty
              @liberty
                • Total Posts: 46

@RAE

That’s awesome that you got to work with horses!

Liberty
                @liberty

@GRCR

Umm…I don’t know what song will always remind me of last year…perhaps “Psalm 23” from the Sight&Soung show, DAVID?

Liberty
                  @liberty

@Koshka

Sir Dalton is one of my favorites, too! I have a really hard time choosing between Sir Quinlan, Lady Carliss, and Sir Dalton. I like them all!!

And, yes my family is starting to reenact. We’re sewing our costumes, right now.

Okay, let me answer these crazy questions!:

1. I would definitely ride a dragon.

2. Uhh…brown

3. No. Socks don’t belong on a chair. What does that even mean??

4. Yes, it can. But, that definitely won’t be my favorite

5. Yes. Though, I like licorice better. (And sour candy)

*blush* thanks for the raspberries! That’s one of my favorite fruits!!

Artistodysseyfan
                    @artistodysseyfan

@liberty
                      YOU WATCH SIGHT AND SOUND THEATER PRODUCTIONS???

I saw David very recently, Pslam 52 is my favourite one from that show.

The only other one I’ve seen is Esther.

“For I know the plans I have for you. Declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you,

Liberty
                      @liberty

@jonas

Yeah! Your sister introduced herself to me! That’s great that you’re working on a book together! (Sibling teams!)

My brother’s into writing, too! And, he’s good at it.

You play piano? All of my siblings do, too! Wow! My brother also started karate before. However, because we moved, he stopped learning. He got his first white belt with a stripe.

Also, what does Character RP mean?? (Don’t mind it, I’m a newbie here)

Cloaked Mystery
                        @jonas
                          • Total Posts: 2624

@liberty

RP stands for Role Play. Basically we enter characters into a scene together and we take turns writing from our character’s perspective. It’s a lot harder to explain that it is to understand. If you look under ‘general writing discussions,’ you should see some of our RPs. Most are labeled as such. That should give you a good idea of what they are.

🏰 Fantasy Writer
                          ✨ Magic System Creator
                          🎭 Character RPer
                          📚 Appreciator of Books

Liberty
                          @liberty

@TheArcaneAxiom

I love the quote/verse you have at the bottom of your post! He IS always good.

Answers:

Hard building. I actually don’t really like writing about magic. I mean I sometimes have what you would call magic in my stories, but it is usually viewed as bad. That’s just for me. However, that’s not to say that awe-ing things don’t happen. I usually write good magic as miracles or specific gifts given by the King (God) to His people.

I’m currently working on completing many unfinished stories, but the book that I’m really working (one that I may publish), is called Thorn. It’s about horses. The story is a picture of salvation.

Okay, a favorite concept I’ve seen in other books is a certain character stereotype. It’s a bad guy, turn good guy. My siblings know this one. So many of my favorite characters are bad guys turned good. There’s just something so attractive about those characters. And because they were once very opposed to the good, they’re very strong for it.

Some examples:

Paul the Apostle

Edmund Pevensie

Rolf Klaus (from the Baker Family Adventures)

Richard Maxwell (Adventures in Odyssey)

Buck Oliver (Adventures in Odyssey)

Jules Kendall (also from Adventures in Odyssey)

Adrien (Lysbeth)

and

Myles Morgan (Jonathan Park)

I’m not sure about the concepts I have found. I like the redemptive themes, and concepts that convey tough questions.

Now, the last question. True nothingness? Well, nothingness is living apart from Jesus, the only source of life.

Those were amazing questions! Thanks, Arcane Axiom!

Liberty
                            @liberty

@hybridlore

I write a lot of genres, but I really enjoy writing about character conflicts. I also love writing scenes were people get hurt! That’s weird, I know. I don’t even know why I like it, but I do!

My current big project is called Thorn. It’s a picture of salvation. In my world, Terrance, the “people” are horses. I can share more details if you’d like.

Liberty
                              @liberty

@artistodysseyfan

Thanks for your welcome! Yeah! Gavin is my favorite guy in the Kingdom Series!

Yep, my family lives really close to Sight&Sound. We’re planning to see Daniel this year!

Do you like to listen to Adventures in Odyssey? By your title, I think so.

Artistodysseyfan
                                @artistodysseyfan

@liberty

Yeah, I love Odyssey! I can’t wait till Daniel comes on the app for (non membership) viewers.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >