Hello Hello!!!!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hello Hello!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Orielle2023
    @orielle21
      • Total Posts: 173

@starofthenorth

Hola Erica. Mucho gusto tambien. Otra estudiante de espanol. 🙂 🙂

1. What’s your favorite coffee drink?

Hot sugar free french vanilla latte if I’m feeling inspired. Black coffee if I need coffee at any point in the day. Lol.

2. Who are your favorite fictional brother/sister pair?

Eowyn/Eomer LOTR

In my own writing, I would have to twist the question a little because my fav is a boy cousin/girl cousin pair…they are super close and relate like siblings.

3. What’s your favorite ocean creature?

Blue whale. Always has been. I have no idea why.

Oh, and don’t be shy to share your writings! I’ve never had a negative experience on here. 😊

Thanks for the encouragement. I rest assured!

Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo

Erica
      @starofthenorth
        • Total Posts: 199

@orielle21

Otra estudiante de espanol. 🙂 🙂

Si!! Espanol es una idioma muy bonita.

Hot sugar free french vanilla latte if I’m feeling inspired. Black coffee if I need coffee at any point in the day. Lol.

Oo, yum! I usually drink coffee black, and I’m glad to meet someone else who isn’t like “Ewwww . . .” lol.

Eowyn/Eomer LOTR

Ah, yes. They’re so sweet! But I would have to say my favorite are Aquila and Flavia from The Lantern Bearers by Rosemary Sutcliff.

Blue whale. Always has been. I have no idea why.

Aren’t they amazing creatures? I love whales.

Thanks for the encouragement. I rest assured!

Aw, I’m glad I could be encouraging. 😊

Dark is the Shadow, and yet my heart rejoices.

Orielle2023
        @orielle21

@mineralizedwritings

Snek is no snak!! 😫

I am so sorry. *covers face with hands in sincere shame*

I totally didn’t borrow a name for my MMC Tauren Faulkner….

LOL. XD XD

Oh and I love FK&C! My current favorite is cheering you on. What about you?

Oh boy. I listened to like all my favs today. I really love Ceasefire. Do you watch their music vids? Burn the Ships is the best! XD Of the two bros, I like Luke the best. Seems super down to earth. They are coming out with a new movie soon!!!! *jumps up and down inside*

Oh! Interesting. I have majority guy characters, and for some reason I have just as easy a time putting my experiences into there stories as the 2 girl mc’s in my book. I really only have one girl mc, the other is a side charater. Idk why, I just write guys the most, and most of them have a plot arc that involves something I’ve been through.

Impressive. I feel like I need to learn to understand guys a little better because I don’t think I’m super good at portraying them correctly. Does that make sense? Maybe I need more real life characters to study to be able to base my guy characters off of. * has a sense that this move could get awkward pretty quickly if orchestrated too obviously*

Orielle2023
          @orielle21

@starofthenorth

Oo, yum! I usually drink coffee black, and I’m glad to meet someone else who isn’t like “Ewwww . . .” lol.

Awesome!

Ah, yes. They’re so sweet! But I would have to say my favorite are Aquila and Flavia from The Lantern Bearers by Rosemary Sutcliff.

I’ve never heard of that book….will have to check it out!!

MineralizedWritings
            @mineralizedwritings
              • Total Posts: 2794

@orielle21

Oh boy. I listened to like all my favs today. I really love Ceasefire. Do you watch their music vids? Burn the Ships is the best! XD Of the two bros, I like Luke the best. Seems super down to earth. They are coming out with a new movie soon!!!! *jumps up and down inside*

Oh yeah! Ceasefire is a great song. I don’t listen to it alot, but I’ve heard it! Yes! The burn the ships vid is just awesome! Like the costume design, the ship itself, the end scene of jumping into the water? It was epic. I didn’t know they have a movie! Cool! I don’t have a favorite of the two, but I do really like watching there friendly banter on the random challenges they do. 😂 (like for radio shows, sometimes they have artists as guests.)

Impressive. I feel like I need to learn to understand guys a little better because I don’t think I’m super good at portraying them correctly. Does that make sense? Maybe I need more real life characters to study to be able to base my guy characters off of. * has a sense that this move could get awkward pretty quickly if orchestrated too obviously*

haha thanks 😅 idk if it’s impressive or a lack in my writing.

Yeah, I don’t know. I don’t have that many good male role models in my life, so I honestly just make the people I wish I could have in my life. My book focuses mostly on healing from past events, so the character arcs revolve around past stuff instead of current flaws. So yeah, my characters are not flawed enough. I haven’t talked to a lot of guys, so who knows if I even do potray them correctly… I just do it how I want to XD.

Most of my guy characers are based off of myself at the center. I could understand why this doesn’t work for everything, but most struggles I feel could be felt the same no matter the gender. So I just write the scenario how I would feel if I were there.

And yeah, that could get awkward fast…

I am so sorry. *covers face with hands in sincere shame*

*snek does wittle tongue flick to signal it’s ok*

へびは かっこいい です!

Anonymous
                • Total Posts: 692

@orielle21

Welcome! Welcome!

My name is Sarafini I go by Sara unless you want to tag me. Lol. I’m a recent homeschool graduate and have written short parables for school writing, fanfiction (mainly Adventures in Odyssey scripts) and Sci-fi and thriller book series for myself. I’m not published yet but I want to be by the end of 2023. I love AIO, Narnia and am starting to get into LOTR.

Newbie questions:

Book or movie?

Favorite book?

Favorite movie?

Favorite character you’ve written and why?

Plotter, pantster or plottster?

That’s all I have! Enjoy your time here! 😁

Orielle2023
                @orielle21

@sarafini
                  Hi Sara! Nice to meet you. ☺️ Congrats on your graduation! I bet that feels great!

So glad you are starting to get into LOTR. If you’ve never seen the movies, read the books first. Tolkien is an amazing writer.

In answer to your questions:

1. Right now, it would be movie. For explanation, a couple years ago I would have read a lot more when I didn’t have as much access to the internet. I am still a firm believer that the book is always better then the movie (except in the case of the old Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory movie vs. the book.)

2. My favorite books are the LOTR trilogy.

3. Favorite movie??? That’s a hard one for me. For this year, I’m going to say Lifemark with Kirk Cameron and Alex Kendrick.

4. My favorite character is Margie from my book. I lived her life as I wrote about her so I think that is why I like her so much.

5. Definitely plottster. I write lots of short stories and those I usually write as I go but for my next book I have a plot.

Thanks for the welcome. ☺️

Anonymous
                    • Total Posts: 692

Ugh! I love Lifemark. I’m also adopted so that was very relatable for me. I actually got to meet my biological mother and she went to church with my family for awhile. So that was cool!

Light
                    @lightoverdarkness6
                      • Total Posts: 1626

@orielle21

Hi there!! Welcome to the Kingdom!! I’m Lightoverdarkness, a Christian teen girl who loves reading, writing, playing piano, exploring outdoors (Especially creeks and rivers), singing, and drawing.

It’s very nice to meet you!! You said you are the oldest out of…was it 6 or 7 siblings?! That’s awesome! I’m the oldest out of 3 siblings–2 brothers, 1 sister. @felicity has a lot of siblings too! I’ve always loved big families…

Anyway, It’s awesome that you can play the violin and the flute!! Those are two of the most beautiful instruments ever, in my opinion.

You love Lotr too?!? Yes!! *Fist bump* Most of us here in KP love Lotr too. What’s your opinion on Frodo…? Most of us are Samwise lovers, and we’ve had some debates…

Okay, and here’s some get to know you questions…

1. What’s your favorite song or music artist?

2. What theme(s) do you have in your book(s)?

3. If you could meet any 3 characters out of your favorite book, movie, tv show, or maybe a historical figure, who would you meet?

4. What’s your favorite oc (original character)?

Anyway, Welcome again to KP, and see you around!! 😊

#HugRikerSquad

Esther
                      @esther-c
                        • Total Posts: 3202

@orielle21

Welcome!!! I bumped into you on another thread, but it’s so nice to meet you!!

I am learning Spanish as well, and play the violin!!

As for my writing, I like a little bit of everything. I wrote the first draft of the first book in a fantasy duology; I am currently writing a dystopian trilogy; I have an idea for a biblical fiction and historical fiction; and I like to write short stories every now and then.

Now for some questions!!

1. Favorite school subject?

2. Chocolate or fruit-flavored candy? Which do you prefer?

3. If you could spend a day with any author, living or deceased, who would it be?

4. Favorite season?

5. Favorite beverage that contains coffee?

Again, so nice to meet you!!! See ya around!!

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Esther
                        @esther-c
                          • Total Posts: 3202

@orielle21

Oops!! Just noticed that someone else asked you about your favorite coffee. 😅

I’ll ask this instead:

5. If you could live in any country, which would you choose?

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Keilah H.
                          @keilah-h
                            • Total Posts: 3875

@orielle21 Hello there! My name’s Keilah.

Birds are great! What type is your favorite?

You can play the flute and the violin? That’s cool! My OC Feather has a sort of magic flute and plays it quite a bit…..and her friend Bucky has a violin but doesn’t really know how to play it.

And yes, Spanish! I come from a Hispanic family….I can understand Spanish but my English-accustomed mouth refuses to speak it.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Orielle2023
                            @orielle21

@sarafini
                              ❤️❤️❤️

Orielle2023
                              @orielle21

@lightoverdarkness6
                                Hello! Nice to meet you and I appreciate the welcome. You would love my yard…there’s a creek running through it and I have to cross a bridge to get to my garden.😍 Now for the questions

1. What’s your favorite song or music artist?

Ooo…favorite song changes a lot for me but right now it is Stand by Newsboys. Besides them, I like listening to For King And Country and Tauren Wells.

2. What theme(s) do you have in your book(s)?

Hmmm…good question. For my book, I would say the theme is love and trust. Love seems to be a theme in all my writings.

3. If you could meet any 3 characters out of your favorite book, movie, tv show, or maybe a historical figure, who would you meet?

Ahhh!!! This is super difficult. Tolkien, George Washington, and Harriet Beecher Stowe.

4. What’s your favorite oc (original character)?

If I understand the question right, mine is Eudora…a girl from England who gets transported with her siblings to middle earth. Correct me if I misunderstood. My understanding of writing lingo is not as good as some.

I love Frodo but I am a firm believer that he would never have made it without Sam and so therefore, Sam is a hero. (Yes, Sam dear. People are still talking about you and telling great stories. 😄

You are very observant about @felicity and I having lots of siblings. I have a secret for you… @felicity and I are sisters. *looks up at @felicity, who is typing on her laptop* 🤣🤣🤣

Orielle2023
                                @orielle21

@esther-c

Hola Amiga! Mucho gusto. Super fun to meet another Spanish learner and violin player. I love Biblical fiction so looking forward to when and if you decide to share!

1. Favorite school subject?

Well, I’ve been out of school for a few years but while I was in school, I would have said History, though I liked English too.

2. Chocolate or fruit-flavored candy? Which do you prefer?

Fruit flavored candy….but that’s not because I don’t like chocolate. It’s just that I haven’t eaten chocolate in like seven years.

3. If you could spend a day with any author, living or deceased, who would it be?

J.R.R. Tolkien

4. Favorite season?

Spring, though fall tugs at my heart.

5. If you could live in any country, which would you choose?

A Spanish speaking country for sure…maybe Mexico?

Thank you for the welcome!!! Abrazos

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 69 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >