Hello, fellow writers!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hello, fellow writers!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 8156

@thearcaneaxiom. Thanks for tagging me! 😀

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
      @kyronthearcanin
        • Total Posts: 697

Is anyone thinking about joining the Reverie (on the Kingdom Trinity)? The concept sounds cool.

I thought about it, but I’d have to get some stories up on here first, I think three. I’m already working on a short story set in Venice, so I suppose I could put that up.

You can make anything by writing - C. S. Lewis

SarahSmile
        @sarahsmile
          • Total Posts: 31

@kyronthearcanin

Hello Ava! I like Rina’s design! I’m SarahSmile, and I’m also a home-schooler new to highschool (I’m in 9th grade)!  I like historical fiction and mysteries, but my active WIP is sci-fi. I haven’t really done any fantasy. Some hopefully unasked questions:

1. What’s your favorite color?
          2. What time of day do you do the most writing?
          3. When did you first start writing?

Hope to see you around!🙂

Gwyndalf the Wise
          @gwyndalf-the-wise
            • Total Posts: 404

@kyronthearcanin

=) You’re welcome!

1. Cool! My fantasy has three species for sure but I considered adding a fourth…but I dunno. XD I love that she learns to trust God, that’s a great theme!

2. XD I guess we’re even, I can’t draw cartoon animals very well. I can do realism of them if I have a photo to copy but other than that they’re not very good. The only reason my people are better is cause I’ve been drawing different characters for years so they eventually got better. XD
            However I have drawn cats a lot but that’s cause my best friends enjoys randomly sending me pictures of her cats in odd positions.

3. Yeah, that makes sense. This story idea sounds very cool, by the way. I’d love to read it if you ever wanna share it on here, but if not, I respect that. =)

You’re welcome!

And about KP Trinity, I probably won’t be doing that anytime soon but that’s cause I’m overwhelmed right now. Maybe when I have less responsibilities and stress I’ll consider joining.

"...I did not say to the seed of Jacob, 'Seek Me in vain..."
            (Part of) Isaiah 45:19

Anonymous

@kyronthearcanin. About the KP Trinity…I’m not really sure. 😅 It seems kind of cool, but I’m swamped right now and don’t see that going away anytime soon. 😃 Glad it’s a thing now, though! I think it will be really fun for everyone that joins! 💗

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
              @kyronthearcanin

@freedom76

Tried to reply, but couldn’t tell if it worked lol

@sarahsmile

Thanks! 9th graders are awesome lol

My favorite color is probably blue.

Time of day… Mostly afternoon and early morning. (when I’m not doing school, mostly)

First started writing when I was in kindergarten lol, and back then it was nonfiction actually. I still mess around with nonfiction some.

@gwyndalf-the-wise

Thanks about the theme!

I’m currently working on Healer with my writing group. When I replied to Freedom I linked my first chapter, but I don’t know if the reply went through. I’ll get it up at some point if it’s not already, and you can let me know if you want more 🙂

Nice to meet you all!

TheArcaneAxiom
                @thearcaneaxiom
                  • Total Posts: 1254

@kyronthearcanin

Thanks about the art! Can’t say I’ve heard of StarFox, but it sounds like it would look like my drawing haha.

Your welcome! Yeah, it’s a really old videogame from Nintendo.

1. Worldbuilding is amazing! I have to cut back to avoid overwhelming people lol. Aspects? Describing how things look to my character, or how they seem. Kind of things related to the main plot, and where the character is or what she is doing at that moment. I’d say I lean more towards hard defined rules, but it builds (obviously) as it goes.

I know that feeling! But you’ve come to the right place for when you want to rant on anything in your world! Cool! Sorry I didn’t specify, I meant aspect of worldbuilding as something you like to develop. One thing I really like for example is to conlang (construct languages) for my worlds, but I like to focus on a lot of other aspects as well. Yeah, I’m a hard worldbuilder as well, I love to think logically about everything, so it transfers to my writing.

2. The sci-fi technology is kind of separate from the fantasy elements, but I suppose it just depends. For example, the main character, Rina’s magic is that she’s a healer, and so science fiction has little to do with that. But if someone had different magic, then it could interact more. Kind of figuring this one out myself at the moment lol.

Cool! This is interesting, but also has a lot of consequences that would be fun to contemplate. If there is magic, but science is a separate entity, meaning natural laws still apply to lead to scientific innovation, why don’t scientists try to learn the science of magic? Does magic simply not conform to natural laws, making it impossible to make consistent scientific inquiries? Are they established in world as two separate entities, and there exists taboos to not let them interact? Is magic really established with the terminology of magic? In other words, unscientific, because that would likely enrage the scientific community. Healing for example has a lot to do with science, scientists would want to understand how the magic works, so that it can be replicated, then used for general medication. What’s the big barrier that keeps them both comprehensively distinguished within this world, and why is it there?

3. Mmm… I would say he doesn’t know? Oh, I love riddles, but this one hurts my brain haha.

Hmmm, interesting. But if he doesn’t know, then doesn’t that mean he has to know he’s cursed, because not knowing is the criteria to know it?

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

Anonymous

@kyronthearcanin. Yeahhhh…it didn’t come through. 😅

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                    @kyronthearcanin

@thearcaneaxiom

Ooh that riddle made my head hurt lol. Also, I’m playing around with a secret language for one of my races.

@freedomwriter76

Sorry about that! I’ve gotta go for now (youth event), but I promise to get back to you tomorrow morning! Sorry again!

Anonymous

@kyronthearcanin. You’re fine!!! Have fun!!! 💗💗💗

TheArcaneAxiom
                        @thearcaneaxiom
                          • Total Posts: 1254

@kyronthearcanin

Ooh that riddle made my head hurt lol.

XD

Also, I’m playing around with a secret language for one of my races.

Cool! I’d love to hear about it! Secret in what way?

I’ve gotta go for now (youth event)

Have fun!

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

MineralizedWritings
                          @mineralizedwritings
                            • Total Posts: 2803

@kyronthearcanin

2. Favorite theme? Trying to figure out this question. I don’t know if you meant genre or something else, sorry.

Lol yeah that one confuses some people. Theme= message. So or some books it might be like friendship take sacrifice, it could be family is more important than money, learning to give up pride ect….

3. Rina was a prisoner most of her life until, near the start of the book, she escaped. She’s wary of the race that enslaved her, the Serpenree, and while she has made friends, she doesn’t know if she can trust them yet. Like most of her race, the Lupinari, she loves to run.

Oh, interesting!

へびは かっこいい です!

MineralizedWritings
                            @mineralizedwritings
                              • Total Posts: 2803

@kyronthearcanin

I might join over the summer! I’ll have more time to write higher quality than, and because the writing is public, I wanna make sure it’s my best 🙂

へびは かっこいい です!

Artsy Dragon
                              @artsy-dragon
                                • Total Posts: 100

Hi Ava! Welcome to KP!

My name is Meeghan, and I am homeschooled.  I write stories, poems, and sometimes silly songs.  I draw a lot more than I write though lol. I write mostly fantasy, and as you could probably tell from my name, I love dragons.

I love Rina! She is really cool!  Here are a few questions:

1. What are 3 of you favorite books?

2. How do you eat oreos?

3.  If you could turn into 3 different animals (1 land, 1 sea, 1 mythical creature) what would they be?

Nice meeting you!

🌟 Full of Light! 🌟
                                Philippians 4:8-9

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                                @kyronthearcanin

@freedomwriter76

Thanks!

Turns out I’m back early, so I’ll go ahead and answer your questions!

1.I’m not sure on favorite dessert, but I’m chips over sweets anyday (yeah, I’m weird, I know)

2. Spanish because we’re getting a lot more Spanish-speaking people in our area, and Hebrew so I could study the Bible more easily.

3. Random fact? I play guitar for two different churches, mostly acoustic.

4. Oh I could’ve used guitar on this one lol. This isn’t exactly a hobby, because my mind is blanking right now, but I love to play nine-square in the air with my friends at church when they have it.

5. Favorite TV show, I’m not sure. Movies? Narnia and Lord of the Rings, prbly

6. Too many genres to choose from! But my favorite artists are the Grey Havens, the Arcadian Wild, and NeedtoBreathe

There you go!

@thearcaneaxiom

Secret as in, only that race is supposed to know about it, so they can speak in secret if they ever need to, but the secret is found out after a while.

@mineralizedwritings

My theme, okay. So, first, learning to trust in God (or the Celestial Phoenix, in my book), and second, sacrifice. She’s sacrificing her freedom to try to rescue prisoners.

It’s super cool that you might join in the summer! Maybe I’ll see you there!

@artsy-dragon

First off, dragons are the best! Nice to meet you! And thanks about Rina.

1.These might be more series than books, but here they are: Search for the Astral Dragon, the Wingfeather Saga, and Dragons/Tales of Starlight. If you haven’t read Bryan Davis, try it, he’s awesome.

Also, as a given, my all time favorite is the Bible, even if sometimes it seems boring 🙂

2. I’m super weird and eat the icing first. That, or I’ll get a bunch of the icing from multiple oreos and make a super oreo lol

3. Oooh I love this. For land, wolf; for sea, maybe orca?; and for three, definitely dragon!

Thanks everybody! I’m going to go get a late dinner lol. It was nice meeting you!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 114 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >