Hello, fellow writers!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hello, fellow writers!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    MineralizedWritings
    @mineralizedwritings
      • Total Posts: 2803

@kyronthearcanin

Oh, those are nice!

へびは かっこいい です!

PrincesaChronicle22
      @princesachronicle22
        • Total Posts: 759

@kyronthearcanin

First of all love the profile! And that character portrait looks really cool!! I also write fantasy and some sci-fi, sometimes blended. Like my brother said we’re working on a multiverse together, which has been super fun!

Mind if I ask what Healer is about?

Love is patient. Love is kind. Love never fails. -1 Corinthians
        And guess what? His is eternal (:

TheArcaneAxiom
        @thearcaneaxiom
          • Total Posts: 1254

@kyronthearcanin

Secret as in, only that race is supposed to know about it, so they can speak in secret if they ever need to, but the secret is found out after a while.

Right, but is it an encrypted version of another language? Because if they’re speaking in private, then there’s no point in having it (unless you do have a reason) and if they speak it around others, it will be obvious that they are speaking a different language. So I ask again, in what way is it secret? Is it verbal, if so, is it an encryption in another language, so that they can speak it without drawing attention? Is it nonverbal, maybe a combination of subtle gestures and movements that look like natural habit or fiddling?

I’m just really curious about what you’ve worked out, because it sounds interesting. I would love to hear more if you’re willing to talk about it.

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

Artsy Dragon
          @artsy-dragon
            • Total Posts: 100

XD That is the fifth time someone has recommended the Wingfeather saga to me. Now I really have to read it.  Dragons are awesome and The Bible is superior to all other books.  The oreo question is funny because a lot of people eat them very differently.  A lot of my friends eat the icing first and some don’t. For me it just depends on the day.  Oh my goodness, your animals are so close to mine lol.  I would be Wolf, Dolphin, and Dragon.  Great minds think alike 😉

🌟 Full of Light! 🌟
            Philippians 4:8-9

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
            @kyronthearcanin
              • Total Posts: 697

@princeschronicle22

Nice to meet you! And thanks about the profile, I actually made it with an AI lol.

Healer is all from Rina’s perspective. There are five races, basically based off animals, and they each have their own planet. Serpenree are based off snakes/lizards, Felisaro are based off cats, Lupinari off of wolves, Falcor off of birds, and Arcanin off of bears. Then there are halflings, any mix between the races. Most Serpenree are against halflings, though a lot of the other races don’t mind, but the other races are usually wary of Arcanin, because they could have dangerous magic. The way to tell if there’s an Arcanin halfling is that all Arcanin have stars on their forehead. So, Rina is a Lupinari-Arcanin halfling. The book is called Healer because she figures out later that is her power.

Rina was captured by Serpenree when she was very young and hasn’t seen her parents since. The Serpenree did everything they could to get her to tell them her power, but with halflings, the magic takes a longer time to develop, and she didn’t yet know what her power was. Unknowingly they have her working as a healer (with medicine, not through magic) for Serpenree when they are injured on the battlefield. While the Serpenree do have tension between the other planets, their main enemy are the Lupinari.

Alright, that was just a little bit on Healer lol. There’s a lot of worldbuilding involved, and I had to spread it out in the books so it wouldn’t seem overwhelming. Thanks for asking, and good luck with your multiverse!

@thearcaneaxiom

While I am still getting the final touches figured out, it is a mainly verbal language. If you’re wondering which race, it’s the Felisaro (they’re probably the most innovative out of the five). The main idea was that they teach it to all the Felisaro they can at a young age, keeping it as secret as possible, and don’t use it until it’s necessary. Because they are at peace with most of the other planets, they can wait until it’s useful. One of my favorite characters, Dune, is a Felisaro, and he named his ship using that language- Ombryn, meaning ‘good fortune.’ After that ship crashes, he names the next ship, which they stole from the Serpenree, the Urbrin, meaning ‘bad fortune.’ Rina and another Lupinari (Dune ends up traveling with them) are somewhat aware of the language but aren’t sure quite what it means until later. So, it uses normal letters, I guess you would say, but there are some motions involved, mostly having to do with the movement of their tails. Out of all the races, the Lupinari, the Serpenree, and the Falcor are the only ones that stand on two legs (the Falcor, just because they’re like birds), so Felisaro stand just like cats. On a side note, Rina can run/stand on both two legs and all fours, because she’s part Arcanin, too.

Feel free to ask any other questions! I might be kind of busy today, but I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.

@artsy-dragon

Yes, Wingfeather Saga is just amazing. The descriptions, the worldbuilding, the characters. There are the four books, plus Wingfeather Tales, kind of a mix of seven random stories from that world, that I really enjoyed. I’ve been watching the show as it comes out on youtube, and it’s been pretty interesting, though I definitely prefer the books.

I actually almost went with dolphin, but I’d never been asked about specifically sea animals before, and it took me a minute lol. But yes, wolves and dragons are my all time favorites, to draw, to write, to read about, all of it, basically ever since I was little and this guy brought a wolf pup to our library (long story haha, he was allowed to).

You can make anything by writing - C. S. Lewis

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
              @kyronthearcanin

Also, what’s with the ranks? How does that work? I feel all shady as the Bumbling Henchman lol

TheArcaneAxiom
                @thearcaneaxiom

@kyronthearcanin

While I am still getting the final touches figured out, it is a mainly verbal language. If you’re wondering which race, it’s the Felisaro (they’re probably the most innovative out of the five). The main idea was that they teach it to all the Felisaro they can at a young age, keeping it as secret as possible, and don’t use it until it’s necessary. Because they are at peace with most of the other planets, they can wait until it’s useful. One of my favorite characters, Dune, is a Felisaro, and he named his ship using that language- Ombryn, meaning ‘good fortune.’ After that ship crashes, he names the next ship, which they stole from the Serpenree, the Urbrin, meaning ‘bad fortune.’ Rina and another Lupinari (Dune ends up traveling with them) are somewhat aware of the language but aren’t sure quite what it means until later. So, it uses normal letters, I guess you would say, but there are some motions involved, mostly having to do with the movement of their tails. Out of all the races, the Lupinari, the Serpenree, and the Falcor are the only ones that stand on two legs (the Falcor, just because they’re like birds), so Felisaro stand just like cats. On a side note, Rina can run/stand on both two legs and all fours, because she’s part Arcanin, too.

Feel free to ask any other questions! I might be kind of busy today, but I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.

Cool! Could you share a sample of it? Also, how does something like this stay secret for so long if it’s really on a interplanetary scale? If it comes into use even once, the word would get out, then it’s not so secret anymore, so it’s a lot of effort for a one time use thing. I suppose it could be known of openly, but because they only speak it in very extreme occasions, it’s nearly impossible for others to decrypt it, because they only ever get such small samples.

Also on your halflings. Brushing past the issues with different species within different biospheres being able to have children (Which could be rationalized, it just means that natural laws aren’t the same, magic is involved, the phoenix made them that way, ect), are there more complex creatures from many different combinations of halflings? Either halflings are simply not fertile, or you can get infinite combinations over time, getting things like a have wolf, quarter bear, quarter lizard or something. With just 3 generations starting from the pure races, you would be able to have all 5 species in one individual. Does this ever occur?

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

TheArcaneAxiom
                  @thearcaneaxiom

@kyronthearcanin

Also, what’s with the ranks? How does that work? I feel all shady as the Bumbling Henchman lol

It’s based off of the number of posts you’ve made total. I don’t know the different milestone numbers though XD

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                    @kyronthearcanin

@thearcaneaxiom

I will admit, I probably don’t have enough figured out for a kind of sample, though I will be continuing work on it. I’ll post a sample once I have enough words figured out lol.

When the book starts, the language is a fairly new thing, which is why it has been able to stay a secret. It would be rough to decrypt because the language is not based on any current language, and only some of the most used words are part of it. The Felisaro would be able to use it in the heat of battle without anyone being suspicious, because most likely everyone would be too busy fighting to even notice, or think they heard wrong.

As for the halflings, that is how the Phoenix made them. They all inhabit the same solar system, around Blasyx, their sun. Theoretically, all five races could be combined, but it would come with side effects. Depending on the situation, any more than two or three different races combined would have a high chance of something going wrong. In some cases, though, the traits of another race are completely lost, even by the next generation, or the traits are hard to discern. For example, Rina is part Arcanin, but in general she looks like any other Lupinari. The only visible traits are thicker fur and the star on her forehead, and her ability to run/stand on all fours. The magic is something even she doesn’t know about until later. I basically wanted halflings to exist for some kind of conflict, and for some really cool creatures. Falcor and Serpenree combined could mean something like a dragon, or just a bird with scales.

I hope that answers your questions! 😁

TheArcaneAxiom
                      @thearcaneaxiom

@kyronthearcanin

Ok, that all makes sense, thanks for explaining!

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                        @kyronthearcanin

@thearcaneaxiom

No problem! 🙂

Esther
                          @esther-c
                            • Total Posts: 3221

Hello and welcome, @kyronthearcanin!!

(Somehow I missed it when @thearcaneaxiom tagged me. :\ )

Anywho…

I’m Esther: a volleyball-playing, violin-squeaking, dog-obsessed, God-loving, homeschooled, amateur writer!!

My WIP is ya dystopian, but I have tons of ideas for stories in other genres!

Fantasy sounds really awesome!! I tried fantasy a while back, and I really need to get back to that WIP. I miss it. 🙁  XD

Now for some questions!!

1. If you could visit any country in the world, which would it be and why?

2. What is your favorite part of nature?

3. What is your favorite OC (original character) to write?

Sorry if I asked questions that have already been asked. XD

Nice to meet you and see ya around!! 😀

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                            @kyronthearcanin

@esther-c

It’s so nice to meet you!

I know I have some WIPs I want to go back to… They’re buried around here somewhere! 😅

Alright, now for your questions!

1. Any other country… Good question! I’m going to have to go with Israel, I think? Because I would get to see some of the places where Jesus walked!

2. My favorite part of nature would definitely have to be forests. Just a lot of green, with the wind and sun coming through the trees. Especially in fall, with all the different colors!

3. Alright, my favorite OC… Hmm. They’re so hard to choose from! For my Healer WIP, probably Rina, but that’s kind of unfair because she’s the only POV. She’s definitely tied with Dune for the top, though. Dune is one of the main characters, and he’s kind of nervous, with quirky humor. Kind of like it’s funny how not funny it is? lol

Thanks for the awesome questions!

Esther
                              @esther-c
                                • Total Posts: 3221

@kyronthearcanin

1. Any other country… Good question! I’m going to have to go with Israel, I think? Because I would get to see some of the places where Jesus walked!

That would be so cool!! I used to really want to visit Israel (and I still do), but I really want to visit Ireland/Northern Ireland now because of the scenery and the accents. 😜

2. My favorite part of nature would definitely have to be forests. Just a lot of green, with the wind and sun coming through the trees. Especially in fall, with all the different colors!

Forests are so pretty!! My favorite part of nature may either be the mountains or the beach. I can’t choose which one I like more! XD (Sadly where I live, we have no real beaches or mountains. 🙁 )

3. Alright, my favorite OC… Hmm. They’re so hard to choose from! For my Healer WIP, probably Rina, but that’s kind of unfair because she’s the only POV. She’s definitely tied with Dune for the top, though. Dune is one of the main characters, and he’s kind of nervous, with quirky humor. Kind of like it’s funny how not funny it is? lol

Dune sounds like such a fun character!! XD

My favorite OC to write is Everton from my Endoxos Trilogy. He’s a bit cocky, tries to be funny (only sometimes succeeding), impulsive, daring, attempts to be charming, and can be really fun! 😜

Thanks for the awesome questions!

Of course!! 😁

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                                @kyronthearcanin

@esther-c

Oh, Ireland would be cool, too!

We don’t have a lot of forests where I live. We’re kind of just surrounded by farmers’ fields, so I guess I’ll have to find somewhere that does. Oooh… What about a forest in the mountains? That would be perfect! 😄

Yes, Dune is very fun to write. No one really ever knows what he’s about to do 🤣

Everton sounds awesome! 😃

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 114 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >