Favorite Lines of Dialogue from your WIP?

Home Page ā€ŗ Forums ā€ŗ Fiction Writing ā€ŗ General Writing Discussions ā€ŗ Favorite Lines of Dialogue from your WIP?

Tagged:Ā ,

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 200 total)
  • Author
    Alexa Autorski
    @writerlexi1216
      • Total Posts: 1011

@abigail-m

Thank you for taking the time through thatā€¦ lengthy post XD And thank you very much! It makes me sooooo happy (and made me grin) to know you find my beloved characters interesting! I think a lot about backstory in characters and use that to sculpt who they are now. And thank youā€”I emphasize Caira and Deekā€™s relationship a lot. Itā€™s really sweet šŸ™‚ Yes, he does! I have a feeling the villain sets Caira up for a trap and separates her from her friends, and then lies to Deek that Caira is dead. I know, the tension!! *twiddles fingers*

And yes, Cairaā€™s tree tattoo does have a purposeā€”her main objective in the story is to find a magical tree, which will #1 restore her memory, and #2 restore magic back to the world. Thatā€™s the basic idea šŸ™‚ And yes, her owl is Oria! She goes on the adventure as well, though doesnā€™t like Newtonā€™s raven.Ā Aw, I know! They train together a lot, and itā€™s epic writing about them using their magic šŸ™‚ Yes, Deek does!

Oh, I knowā€”I feel bad for making Newton suffer so much, but it does gets better for him šŸ™‚ I honestly donā€™t know why I made him stutter (I thought about removing it, but it impacts his character too much). YES! He DOES teach her, and itā€™s so sweet/romantic that I canā€™t wait to write it! OH MY GOSH I would ADORE to see an illustration of that!! I think it starts off a little chaotic (Caira is scared to death) but Newton shows her the ropes šŸ˜‰

Yes, thatā€™s exactly what Deek is thinking, lol! Iā€™m hoping to post that seen VERY SOON!! Iā€™ll work on editing Ch. ~ 4-5 so I can post them!! Newton tells her quickly who he is because he wants to negotiate a plan with them. He wants to help her defeat the king (to get revenge), and she needs his information while he needs her power, so therefore they team up (reluctantly).

And *big sigh of relief* yay, thatā€™s good to know! Oh, same! I want to begin April 1st on a high note, so Iā€™d like to have a general outline of where Iā€™m going šŸ™‚

Alexa Autorski
      @writerlexi1216

@godlyfantasy12

Abigail and I were just sharing info about our characters : ) Thereā€™s no specific questions. Yes, I know! Talking about characters is so fun, isnā€™t it? Iā€™m not strict when it comes to POV charriesā€“one character gets a chapter, one character gets two chapters, et ceteraā€¦

Anonymous
          • Total Posts: 1379

@writerlexi1216 @abigail-m @godlyfantasy12

I love rambling about my characters. I would love to join the discussion if yā€™all donā€™t mind!

Alexa Autorski
          @writerlexi1216

@joy-caroline

ā€˜Course!! šŸ™‚

Alexa Autorski
            @writerlexi1216

Maybe we should start a new topic about ā€˜Character Ramblingsā€™? Just a thoughtā€¦ this topic is getting quite crowded now.

Anonymous
                • Total Posts: 1379

@writerlexi1216

Yay, thanks!

Yes, we should totally make a Character Ramblings topic.

Alexa Autorski
                @writerlexi1216

@joy-caroline

Yes! I decided to make one, actually, if you wanted to check it out (and share some of your characters)! šŸ™‚

Abigail.M.
                  @abigail-m
                    • Total Posts: 1242

@writerlexi1216

No problem at all! I mean seriously,Ā  I enjoy reading about your characters to pieces:)
                    Yep, same here. Backstory is my favorite tool ever for sculpting characters and who they are. You did such an excellent job with yours!
                    I feel so terrible for Deek already! I mean I love the tension building, but I still feel so bad for him at the same timeā€¦ You know, thatā€™s a sign of a good storyteller. Once they make you care about the characters so much and make you so conflicted over the plot at the same timeā€¦ I congratulate you because not a great many books can do that to me XD
                    Ah! I was so curious about what the tree meant. I love the use of symbolism! And Oria is just such a fantastic name, (I love the concept of her and Newtonā€™s raven not getting along:)
                    I definitely agree with you, taking away his stutter would take away a lot from him. (I mean heā€™d be an incredible character either way, but it adds a lot of depth and serves as a great character obstacle and personality shaper).
                    And that is just the sweetest/best/most amazing thing ever, that Newton teaches Caira. I can just imagine how that would be such an amazingly fun scene to write! (The first horse scene I wrote with Mejia and Filip was anything but romantic, *shudders at the memory* sigh, they are so difficultā€¦). But anyway, YES! Iā€™m certainly going to attempt to draw an illustration based on the idea! I mean, it is just way too awesome not to!

AND *INTERNALLY (VERY NEARLY EXTERNALLY) SCREAMING* I WOULD LOOOOOOOVE TO READ CH 4-5 WHEN YOU POST šŸ˜€ šŸ˜€ šŸ˜€

(Iā€™m still working on the NaNoWriMo tips post, but I should have it ready by late tomorrow at the latest. Itā€™s mostly highlights from Cris Batyā€™s book, quotes from writers at every stage of the month, and a few tips for whatā€™ll be coming up:)

Abigail.M.
                    @abigail-m

@godlyfantasy12 @joy-caroline

Of course, you guys can join in! (I love talking about my characters too:)

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Abigail.M..
                      Abigail.M.
                      @abigail-m

@writerlexi1216 @joy-caroline @godlyfantasy12

Ooh! Awesome! Iā€™ll see you all in the Character Chat then! šŸ˜€

Alexa Autorski
                        @writerlexi1216

@abigail-m

Sorry for not responding to you on here! *slaps palm to forehead* Iā€™m honestly so forgetful sometimes! But THANK YOU immensely for your reply!! That means a lot to me, because I get nervous if everything makes sense or not, or if my characters are even likable!! So thank you!! šŸ™‚ And I KNOW, I feel so bad for Deek, because he has so many tragedies coming up and thereā€™s no way for me to warn him šŸ™ Oh well. And that next comment made me grinā€“I really appreciate you saying that!!! All of your warm comments mean THE WORLD to me!!!:)

Thanks! They may learn to get along, though. Oria is pretty sweet, and Ruko (Newtonā€™s raven) is pretty calm. Yes, I agree! I thought it added a lot of depth to him, so therefore, I kept it. Iā€™m so glad you like the Newton-teaches-Caira-how-to-ride-a-horse scene! And the comment about Mejia/Filip made me grin (what happened??? I need to know!) Aww, YAY! Iā€™m on the edge of my seat looking forward to your illustrations!

AND YES! Iā€™ve been editing quite a bit lately, so maybe soon I can post them!!! Eeeek, Iā€™ll try to be patient and edit it, but Iā€™m dying to let yā€™all read it!!! I donā€™t know how good it really is, so please donā€™t have high hopes, but I try my best! šŸ™‚

Oh, great! Thank you for putting together those tips! Iā€™ve been really looking forward to my very first NaNo! And finishing my novel next month!!! šŸ˜€

Katherine
                          @mkfairygirl
                            • Total Posts: 549

@writerlexi1216 Hi, me again! I just posted a comment to you. I went to edit a spelling mistake and now my comment is gone. So, uh, I donā€™t know if you got the email notification or not. But if not, let me know and Iā€™ll try to repost my comment. šŸ™‚

"It looks like a fairy world"~Meg from Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
                            Fall in love with Jesus

Alexa Autorski
                            @writerlexi1216

@mkfairygirl

HI!! And YES, I got your comment in my email (mine does that so much, itā€™s weird)!! THANK YOU so much, and *gasps* I LOVE those quotes so much!!! (Have I mentioned that I adore the name Palladin so much? BECAUSE I DO!) By the way, youā€™re welcome to post the comment again so other people can see your quotes! šŸ™‚

And thank you so much!! Iā€™m very happy you like my quotes!! And that honestly means so much to me that you love DeekĀ and you want to fangirl over him? OH MY GOSH YAY! That makes me soooo happy! I really appreciate it SO MUCH! šŸ™‚

Abigail.M.
                              @abigail-m

@writerlexi1216

Thatā€™s perfectly alright, (I forget to check posts to and it always takes me a while to respond, so youā€™re not alone there!:)
                                Your welcome! šŸ˜€ Iā€™m glad that I can encourage fellow writers where I can, (and I mean what I say, itā€™s no exaggeration to how much I love FortitudešŸ™‚
                                Are you kidding? Like that scene idea? I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!
                                The horse scene with Mejia and Filip, not so much XD Those two are impossible sometimes. They both are good swordfighters, (but Mejia being trialed to be a warrior is far more skilled than him), and because he doesnā€™t have many upper hands when it comes to her, he feels well rivaled. And though heā€™d never admit it under any circumstances, he fears that Mejia doesnā€™t need him and truly is of no importance to her. But thatā€™s beside the question. The horse scene? Do you really want to know about that? Sorry, Mejia and Filip, Iā€™m spilling all of your secrets already. So in the scene, Mejia is about to show Filip one of her Winter Stallions. Filip then makes a show of himself because of his extreme case of Equinaphobia, Mejia asks him if heā€™s afraid of horses. He snaps back at her that he isnā€™t and tells her the horse is dangerous, possibly mad. They get into a fight in which Mejia almost was tempted to draw her sword, but remembered the warriorsā€™ code about walking a mile to avoid a fight and calmly resheathed it and insults him. Filip does likewise before almost spilling his past but catches himself. Mejia mounts the stallion and rides to Dark Lake (a key setting where she sees the phantom, but thatā€™s not important at the moment), where she is attacked by a white tiger, with her only chance being to swim. She manages to lose the tiger in the murky water but soon found herself exhausted on a risen sandbar in the center of the lake where she finds a chest that contains a key item in the villainā€™s ambitions. Freezing in knee-deep water and with no way to haul the chest back to shore, she soon sees Filip rowing across the lake to help her.Ā  The row back was excruciatingly awkward.
                                Until Filip gives her his dry cloak and admits part of his fears. To which Mejia understands because she knows all about being afraid, but is annoyed with him at the same time for not admitting this in the first place and saving her from all that trouble. Thereā€™s another fight about this later on, but thatā€™s how most of the immediate scene went. It was a lot tenser than the way I made it soundā€¦ those two can give me a headache sometimes XD

That sounds incredible!! Iā€™m on the edge of my seat to read it!! šŸ˜€
                                Donā€™t worry too much about perfecting it before posting. Thereā€™s always plenty of time to go back and polish little rough spots, (speaking from personnel experience here).
                                And I donā€™t need high hopes because every chapter of Fortitude is astounding and is a pure pleasure to read!

NP! Glad to help:)
                                Same:) I canā€™t wait to get my second draft written!:)

Alexa Autorski
                                @writerlexi1216

@Abigail-m

Awww, THANK YOU! Really, all of your feedback makes me feel so warm inside and really makes me smile!! šŸ™‚ Iā€™m sooo happy you love it!! Aww, I feel so sorry for Filip! He seems like such a sweet character.

And *trying super hard not to write in all caps but failing miserably* THAT SCENE SOUNDS SO AMAZING!! *Whoopsā€¦* I absolutely love it, and yes, that boat ride sounds awkward XD It sounds so tense and I love the conflict! And a white tiger? Phantom? Dark Lake? This sounds so neat! I love it! And yeah, my characters can be a huge headache at times, too (Deek never listens to meā€¦ *sigh*) XD

YES! Iā€™ve actually edited a lot of Ch~4 lately and hope to post it very soon! Yeah, I just wanted to give that warning because I get really nervous about posting my writing and just wanted to say thatā€¦ I donā€™t know how good it is, but I appreciate all of your feedbackĀ very much šŸ™‚ Obviously it isnā€™t final draft material, but still, I like to polish it a bit. Iā€™m excited for you to finish your second draft! I KNOW you can do it! *pumps fist in the air*

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 200 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >