Favorite Lines of Dialogue from your WIP?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Favorite Lines of Dialogue from your WIP?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 200 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 1379
      Elizabeth
      @lewilliams
        • Total Posts: 252

@gracie-j Gracie!!! Your quotes are so lovely!! I want to like, embroider one on a wall hanging or something.

@joy-caroline Ahhh, I love those!!

@godlyfantasy12
        Ooh I already love Cecily! I get such a clear picture with just that one quote.

@e-k-seaver
        Hah, I love that. XD

@writerlexi1216
        Hehe, thanks! I could definitely see Caira saying that. 😀 Also, I’ll have you know that I laughed out loud at the Caira/Alana exchange (and also the Deek/Newton one). And I love Caira’s little speech about power–it’s quite beautiful.

“Seven seconds till the end. Time enough for you. Perhaps. But what will you do with it?”

Anonymous

@lewilliams

Thank you!

Alexa Autorski
          @writerlexi1216
            • Total Posts: 1011

@lewilliams

Haha, thank you!! I love Caira and Alana because they’re total opposites, and yet they’re best friends. It’s fun to write their dialogue/interactions 🙂 And Deek and Newton are great, too <33333333

Thanks! I need to polish it a little more… but she has some powerful (and quite humorous) quotes 😀

Gracie J.
            @gracie-j
              • Total Posts: 1789

@writerlexi1216 Girl, those are (1) so profound and (2) HILARIOUS!!!! Fantastic job!!!

the resident romance ghost; last seen within the pages of a gothic novel

Gracie J.
              @gracie-j

@lewilliams Oh my gosh, thank you!! I’m so glad you like them!

Alexa Autorski
                @writerlexi1216

@gracie-j

Lol, thanks, girl!! 🙂 Quotes are one of my favorite things to write!

Gracie J.
                  @gracie-j

@writerlexi1216 Of course! I can tell! You’re so good with them!

Alexa Autorski
                    @writerlexi1216

@gracie-j

Thank you! 🙂 💗 You too!

Gracie J.
                      @gracie-j

@writerlexi1216 You’re so welcome! Thank you! <3

Abigail.M.
                        @abigail-m
                          • Total Posts: 1242

@gracie-j
                          Wow, I could just see those sentences come to life:)

@joy-caroline
                          Those are so beautiful! 😀

@godlyfantasy12

I love it! November’s POV is so much fun to read:)

@e-k-seaver

I love that paragraph, it was so funny:)

@lewilliams

I love those! Especially number three:) Two and four made me laugh XD

@writerlexi1216

Oh my word, I love those! Especially the one with Newton and Deek. It was so HILARIOUS  XD I could literally see them saying that:)

Anonymous

@abigail-m

Thanks, Abigail!

Gracie J.
                            @gracie-j

@abigail-m Thank you! 🙂

Alexa Autorski
                              @writerlexi1216

@Abigail-m

Haha, thank you!! That’s totally them XD

Abigail.M.
                                @abigail-m
                                  • Total Posts: 1242
                                  • This is such a great topic and I’m rather late in posting, but anyway, here are a few, more random pieces of dialogue/script scenes that I always was partial to or thought would be good for this topic:)“Why did she not leave me as I said too?” Filip said, his eyes were full of spite for himself, “why did she not just get to safety like I told her?” His fear had turned into worry and his worry had turned into anger.
                                    Morio took a seat on a rock and sighed wearily, “because. That is not who Mejia is, Filip,” he said gravely, “you have to understand that if there was a fire, she would shield you from it. If there was harm in your path, she would get you away from it and if there was an avalanche…” he paused, “ she would shove you out of the way before thinking about herself. Mejia is a leader Filip, and you will never be able to change that about her.” 
                                  • Mejia saw a flaw in the dome of wolves that was enclosed around them, they had forgotten-
                                    But Filip broke into Mejia’s thoughts just then with the question, “do you have a plan?” Mejia gave him an annoyed look, “yes and you are in the middle of interrupting it, thank you for asking.”
                                  • “Birch Woods’ fate is still hanging,” Mejia could barely talk, “we must find out what is going on. The answer already has too high of a price.”
                                  • Mejia dropped the letter in the snow and staring straight ahead, knew she had one choice and one choice only. She took a step away from everyone else and began walking into the woods, in the direction of her fortalice.
                                    Filip picked up the letter and read it.
                                    “Mejia, do not be stupid,” Filip said, running after her.
                                    Mejia hardly even turned her head and said, “look, Filip, there is not much choice here. I have to,” Mejia glanced back at Lila and Anton, “but listen, I need you to do something for me in the meantime.”
                                  • Gliding through the rocks. They both sensed that this was going far too smoothly. When suddenly Mejia stood stone still, in a way that Filip now knew rather well and it made his blood run cold.
                                    “They are here, aren’t they?” He asked.
                                  • “The coinage could have been that of a dragon’s hoard,” Anton suggested suddenly as if he had come up with a brilliant solution.
                                    Everyone except Mejia, began to grin, thinking that Anton was jesting. But when they saw the dead-serious expression he bore across his face, they sobered.
                                    “Anton, you can not be serious!” Filip said, thoroughly shocked.
                                    “Oh, yes he is…” Mejia said, sighing.
                                    What was the matter with Anton anyway? He always seemed so intelligent.
                                    “All I am saying,” Anton said as if he were trying to be reasonable, “is that it is a POSSIBILITY. That is all.”
                                    Everyone exchanged dubious glances, Mejia rubbed her forehead in exasperation.
                                  • “Sometimes, we all need to coddiwomple in order to not lose the adventure in us.”

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Abigail.M..
                                Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 200 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >