Fantasy/Modern School AU RP

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Fantasy/Modern School AU RP

Viewing 15 posts - 4,921 through 4,935 (of 5,523 total)
  • Author
    Esther
    @esther-c
      • Total Posts: 3213

@loopylin

Ok, awesome. Thanks!

Ami

Ami smiled at the short girl who gave an awkward wave.

“You must be my roommate.” She stood and walked over to her. “My name is Amidala. A lot of people call me Ami though.” Her eyes drifted to the girl’s green tail that flicked around. Not wanting to look rude, she met the girl’s eyes and offered another smile.

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

LoopyLin
      @loopylin
        • Total Posts: 2045

@esther-c

Ellie 

She opened her mouth again, and this time found her voice.

“Hello. I’m Ellie.”

She paused, then turned and walked over to the bottom bunk bed where all her things were already stacked. She sat down and looked back at Amidala.

“Has anyone else come in here yet?”

Space Princess ✨🪐 intp artist

Lydibug
        @lydibug
          • Total Posts: 100

@godlyfantasy12 I have random question, was November… Born in November?

Happy unbirthday every one!
          "EVERYTHING IS AWESOME..."

Koshka
          @koshka
            • Total Posts: 1424

@loopylin

Umm…this is a really random question, where is Eddie? Being a twin myself is making me concerned if those two are separated.

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

LoopyLin
            @loopylin

@koshka

She’s been at the dance practice and she will come to the dorm sometime soon. It’s only been half a day, but they do get anxious when they’re apart for too long.

But I don’t know what being a twin is like. Am I writing it accurately?

LoopyLin
              @loopylin

@lydibug @godlyfantasy12 That is a good question I am also curious now

Koshka
                @koshka
                  • Total Posts: 1424

@loopylin

Oh, okay. I was scared for a minute that something has happened to her.

What I’ve seen of them has felt natural. My sister and I are most likely identical, so I’ve really liked watching Ellie and Eddie.

I’d say it’s kinda like getting born with a best friend, times the closeness of a sibling, if that makes sense.

*A shadowy, cloaked figure enters*

*Steals phone*

(Enter The Twin Sister’s commentary below)

The only big thing I’d say to look out for is “Singleton Mentality”: basically anything that focuses on “Individual Me” instead of “Armorbearer/ Doppelganger”. A good example would be a separate birthday party (*shudder*). Twins are two separate people, true, but most of the time, their personalities complement closely. For instance, we draw using two pretty different styles, however, what we draw is similar.

So yeah, your writing feels pretty accurate.

Like she said, it’s like having a best friend/sibling who has literally known you all your life. You finish sentences, bug each other, share shoes…

…make references that nobody else gets(even other siblings)…

…”borrow” phones….

*Shadowy, cloaked figure vanishes*

• This reply was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by Koshka.

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

LoopyLin
                  @loopylin

@koshka @shadowy,cloakedfigure

Ok, thank you! That’s super helpful.

They have kinda opposite personalities and character arcs, but the same interests and tastes in different things.

A good example would be a separate birthday party (*shudder*)

If Ed and Ellie had separate birthday parties that would be so depressing

Whaley
                    @whalekeeper
                      • Total Posts: 2616

@rae

Hugo

“That’s concerning,” Hugo said sympathetically. “Sorry to hear that.”
                      More of their foreign language scraped out of Nahim, without a translation.
                      “I can’t say I’m so ambitiously gifted. The only thing I want to do is relax and enjoy the relationships.”

@godlyfantasy12

Aw, Pax is being the cute little bro! 😎

1. Sorry this is so long. 2. I’m going to introduce something that might make a small Pax-Seb connection. I’d honestly forgotten about it, despite it already being a popular topic.

Marz

Sebastian tickled the chicken’s neck, lost in thought, then trotted to the bathroom door.

It was locked. He began impatiently to change his clothes by the bed.

There was a strange distance between Pax and Seb. Both were young and short, although proportionally Pax looked taller because of how thin he was. Both had pale complexions, blue eyes, and a habit of never being taken seriously.

But they never talked.

Fynn, Lukas and Cal chatted on the other side of the room – partially about the cool things to do outside of the school building, partially about their secured part in the dance.

“Pax, have you nabbed a date?” Marcel asked.

The pixie-faced boy looked up, with an expression that could only be described as pure incomprehension. He still hid his mouth in Mars’ sleeve.

(He wouldnt mind being called a teddy bear… mostly! XD)

“I thought not. Me neither. But you’d think I’d be super approachable, what with -“

“You embodying a favorite girls’ color, yada yada. ” Seb only half payed attention, trying to tug the sleeves out of an old-fashioned nightgown.

“Hey, you’ve got something on your shoulder.”

“What? Where??” The short-armed boy reached back to claw off whatever it was. He did a little jig, spinning in place.

Marcel stopped smiling. “Never mind.”

It was something he probably should have expected, but still wasn’t prepared for.

White burn marks, shaped like fingers, laced up Sebastian’s shoulders and throat. They were covered with silvery thin skin. Some came in unnaturally uniform patches, but most were ribbons and flickers, stilled in one moment of hurt.

He was literally licked with fire.

Pax made a little “eep” sound.

“Whaaaaaat??” The boy wrung his hands. Then his eyes dulled with understanding.

An awkward silence.

“Plot twist!! I have super ugly scars too! I’ve been keeping a secret the entire time!” Sebastian gasped sarcastically, and with some difficulty popped his fluffy head out of the gown.

“Why didn’t you…?”

“Immediately share every sad thing that’s happened to me? Because I didn’t leave my own world to be dropped into a sadness club.”

Chase shifted in his dreams. Meanwhile, Pax had straightened stiffly in Marcel’s lap. Maybe he was holding his breath.

“If it makes you uncomfortable, look away.” Seb used an ointment on his neck, and buttoned up the nightgown collar high, like every other collar he had worn in public. “But that’s a you problem. It’s my body. It’s real good for experiencing the visceral party of life, and I’m proud of it.”

His eyes spit sparks, then emptied hollowly. He threw the ointment into a drawer, threw himself onto the bed, and hid under a blanket. Muffled humming began, egregiously cheerful.

The irony. How many kids here had backstory badges, either worn on their sleeve or hidden? And why didn’t this school have a therapy group? Maybe the chicken wasn’t so strange after all.

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

Whaley
                      @whalekeeper
                        • Total Posts: 2616

Oh my gosh that’s so long *instant karma embarrassment*

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

RAE
                        @rae
                          • Total Posts: 3013

@whalekeeper

Nar & Jr

The siblings simultaneously pointed at each other and said,

“Sometimes I wish she would rest.”

“Sometimes I wish he would rest.”

In such harmony that they were like twins.

Jr huffed.

“I can’t stop what I’m doing!”

“Neither can I! But as a healer’s apprentice, I prescribe more rest for you.”

Jr crossed his arms, faking anger.

“I get enough rest when you and your group of little annoyances force me to when my…” He fisted his hands, nervously glancing at Hugo. “When I turn glace.” 

“That’s cuz it saps your strength! Sorry, Hugo,” Nar smiled, “What do you like to do when you pass the time?” Nar put her elbows on the table, and rested her chin on her hands, her cheeks a light rosy color.

Jr rolled his shoulders.

“I’ll …leave you two alone.” He walked out, and down the street, turning a corner out of sight of Nar and Hugo.

Esther
                          @esther-c

@loopylin

Ami 

“Not yet.” She titled her head, knowing she had seen someone that looked just like Ellie somewhere else. “This may sound weird, but do you happen to have a twin?”

Esther
                            @esther-c

*tilted

not titled

LoopyLin
                              @loopylin

@esther-c

Ellie 

She perked up at the question. “Yes! Eddie. I’m waiting for her. She’s been out shopping for outfits for the dance.”

Suddenly, the door behind Ami swung open and someone walked in. It wasn’t Eddie. The girl was about twice her height and had a long white braid down to her waist. The strange thing was she was dirty, wet, and scratched up as if she’d been out wrestling a slime monster. She had a distant smile on her face, but seemed to be dragged back to reality once she saw the other two girls.

“Oh! Roommates!” The girl grinned cheerfully. “I’m Felicity. It’s nice to meet you.”

RAE
                                @rae
                                  • Total Posts: 3013

@anyone

If ya want your charries to meet Jr probably no one does XD  now is a good time, since he’s not in a “I might kill you” mood and he’s wandering the streets.

Viewing 15 posts - 4,921 through 4,935 (of 5,523 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >