Back Stories, the thing that shapes life

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Characters Back Stories, the thing that shapes life

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 157 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 8156

@rae Yw!! 💕💕 I can only imagine!! XD

Alright, welllll, who better to start with other than my favorite, my Boi, my BABY, Riker??

@scripter-of-kingdoms
      *cough cough* do u wanna hear Riker’s full backstory??? 😭

(i just like starting talks about my charries with aesthetics XD It’s a habit lol)

1 MC of Freedom’s Fire/Broken Shackles/Fully Redeemed

(and a side character in other books lol)

Riker Franz Schind

28 years old; approx 6’0″ Dark brown wavy hair, dark blue eyes, average height and muscular.

Riker’s beginnings start with his birth on September 16th, 1916, born to a poor, struggling German couple, Franz and Jennie Schind.

His father, drafted into the German army for WW1, left for 2 years, not returning until the war’s end.

Riker had a younger sister when he was 7, Angelina, and has always wanted to protect his precious little sister.

As for his life?

Well, it has been everything except easy.

An alcoholic father that has abused Riker physically, mentally, and emotionally has damaged him in ways many others can never understand. Ostracized by the entire community he lived in, Riker was told by family, teachers, neighbors, so-called “friends”, and even the “church” that he would never be anything more than the kid who could never live up to everyone’s expectations.

His mother did her best to remind him that he was truly loved, but she was the only one besides Riker’s little sister, and Riker began to believe that everyone was right.

“I don’t see what anyone else sees in you. I wanted a son that would be the greatest gift I could ever have. I wanted a son that would make me proud. I wanted a son I could love. Instead, all I got…was you.”

Franz’s words to Riker, as seen in one of Riker’s quick flashbacks⬆️

Riker’s grandfather Fritz, Franz’s father, was also violent and unpredictable, and Riker has rarely felt safe around almost anyone.

The words spoken to him and the abuse projected upon him have left him with the lie that he is nothing more than a mistake and that he never should have been born. Left with unseen scars, the one visible scar that Riker holds is a long thin scar on his left cheek, left from one of his father’s brutal beatings.

The abuse made him struggle with trusting anyone, made him close off to the world around him, and made him struggle in academics even though he is very intelligent, but Riker has still always chosen to be compassionate and to treat people with love, even if they hurt him.

Riker loves his father even though he’s been so cruel, and when he was young, he wanted to be his father, who he saw as a hero for his acts during WW1, but now he lives with the fear of becoming his father.

He dropped out of school at 16, began working, and met the love of his life, Iris, a year later, with whom he has had three kids by the time of his first novel.

He’s made the conscious decision to not be his father, but everyone’s words about him being a mistake…he holds onto them this day, unable to let go of the lie, believing that it is true.

Due to his relationship with his father, Riker sees God as distant and cruel, unwilling to love “mistakes like him”. The Grace everyone talks about is for everyone else, not him.

And when Riker learns that due to his work within the SS people have been killed, he finally believes and “knows” that everyone was right all along: He really is a mistake.

He really is no better than his father…worse, actually.

And Riker is too far gone for redemption.

RAE
      @rae
        • Total Posts: 2998

@freedomwriter76

EVERY SINGLE TIME I READ YOUR STUFF, I CRY! I only wish I could do that.

Riker!!! Another character that if I start to get to know, he’ll start talking to me. He reminds me of Chace Duke as far as childhood. *I’m crying*

(Ugh, how am I supposed to type when I can barely see?)

I LOVE IT!!!!!!! 💕

#Justiceforsandwichclone
        #theclonesdeservedbetter
        #HugRikerSquad
        #HugHans

Anonymous

@rae GIRL THAT MEANS SO MUCHHHHHHH

💖💖😭😭💖💖😭😭💖💖

he’s so special and real to me and reminds me a lot of myself as far as his struggles with low self-esteem, guilt, and stuff…and just AGHHHHHHH

I LOVE HIM SO MUCH AND I’M SO HAPPY YOU LOVE HIM TOOOOOO 💖💖💖😭😭

RAE
          @rae

@freedomwriter76

You’re welcome.

I’m lost for words right now, something about some character entering my mind and taking it over to make me cry. (Thank you so much Riker.)

#Justiceforsandwichclone
            #theclonesdeservedbetter
            #HugRikerSquad
            #HugHans

Anonymous

Next charrie backstory!!! 💕💕

The other MC of Freedom’s Fire/Broken Shackles/Fully Redeemed

(and again, a side character in other books lol)

Leon Jedediah Wagner

25 years old; approx. 6’0″ Curly black hair, tan complexion, dark brown eyes. Average height and average build with some muscles.

Leon’s beginnings started on December 25th, 1919, born just a year after the end of the First World War, born to a poor yet happy Jewish couple in Germany, Josef and Henrietta.

He was a happy child and lived a happy life with two loving, doting parents. His parents called him their little “Christmas Gift” and gave Leon everything they could and loved him with everything they had…but tragedy was bound to strike.

Disease stole Henrietta away from her son and husband when Leon was only 5 years old. So young, Leon didn’t yet understand that she would never be back until Josef had to explain.

“When will Mama come back, Daddy?”

Josef looked down at his young son, not yet even five, gently brushing a few of Leon’s curly black locks out of his eyes, tears coursing down his cheeks. “She’s in heaven, Leon, she’s not coming back.”

Leon found comfort in friends, family, and music, and did everything he could to stay happy. He loved his father dearly, but there were times when Josef would become emotionally distant, and Leon would feel alone again.

His best friend Abelard was the brightest part of Leon’s life, and when Leon was only a teenager, he met the love of his life, Aadelheide, with whom he has 3 kids: one girl and two little boys.

“I would never divorce and leave you to save myself. We are one now. God will protect me and our kids whatever that looks like. We promised each other, remember?”

Leon nodded. “I remember.”

Aadelheide smiled gently and released his arms. “We promised each other to stay with each other and never leave each other…” their fingers interlocked, their foreheads met, and together, they finished the vow, “…’till death do we part.”

Before the birth of Leon’s youngest, his father tragically perished, and Leon misses his father still.

And in the book, well, Leon faces the biggest loss of his life.

He can’t help but feel abandoned and betrayed.

How could God let this happen?

How could God let the death occur?

How could God be so cruel?

How could God abandon Leon when he needed him most?

How could God be so…

…distant?

Anonymous

@rae *hugs* He does the same thing to me 😭💖 I love him so much tho…like, so much XD

also, I posted another backstory…if u wanna see

RAE
                @rae

@freedomwriter76

Your charries! How do you happen to get them so relatable? My characters, I feel like, are distant to everyone but me. There are times I cry out with Glace, because I feel his pain at being banished. There are times I wonder with Kid, I wonder who his parents were, where he was born, were they heroes or would I rather not know them. I hide and cry with Chase over his dead mother, and cower at the thought of his father. But no one else does.

How do you do it!?

#Justiceforsandwichclone
                  #theclonesdeservedbetter
                  #HugRikerSquad
                  #HugHans

Anonymous

@rae

Honestly, I don’t really know.

I used to struggle with characters, but I have had so many people tell me that my characters are so relatable and real to them

I guess I just place things in my characters that I’ve felt, knowing that people will be able to relate.

Like Riker has my struggle with feeling guilty over things that aren’t really his fault, my struggle with low self-esteem, even the struggle I’ve struggled with many times with seeing myself as nothing more than a mistake.

Leon has my struggle with struggling to forgive all of the evil people in this world and his struggle with questioning God when life threatens to drown me.

I place pieces of myself in them, and idk…I think it really is God, bc I know for sure it’s not all me XD

Please girl, just know that one day, your characters ARE going to touch someone’s life.

If they touch you, then they will touch someone else.

Maybe you haven’t met anyone that relates to them as much as you yet but that doesn’t mean no one ever will.

The characters you’ve made have been placed in your heart for a REASON, and they WILL touch someone’s life one day.

So keep going.

Never give up.

Keep Writing.

Keep dreaming.

And never, EVER let anyone in this world tell you that your writing will never amount to anything because they are so, so wrong.

Your characters will touch lives, so keep going.

RAE
                    @rae

Cuz I’m bored…

Kid Elwend

About 5′. Aged 14-15. Light brown hair and bark brown eyes.

He hasn’t gotten a story yet, he just showed up one day and I never forgot about him. I currently am RPing with him in Character Castle. He’s a sci-fi charrie.

Kid was found, a child, with a blow to the head on the field of destruction. He was taken in by his finder, a man from the Realn family-clan of Elwend, and taken to the man’s home town.

When he awoke, he remembered nothing from his past life, not even his name or the place he was found. He grew up in the town among the Elwend, being called just “the Kid” and the name stuck.

No one owned Kid, as in no singular person or couple took care of him, he was the son of the entire town. He was at every wedding, every funeral. Every birthday. Every event. Every family reunion with those from other towns or other family-clans even. He ate in everyone’s house, slept in the houses of anyone. No one shut their door to Kid. 

He was polite, always asking or waiting to be asked before barging in. It got annoying sometimes, especially when I would discover he had slept outside in the street one night, just because he hadn’t been asked to stay anywhere. It didn’t matter how many times we told him the door was always open, if Kid wasn’t asked or didn’t ask, he slept outside without complaint, or went without food. 

You could call him our town street boy, but he wasn’t that way at all. Kid had an entire town as a house, he wasn’t homeless. He was an orphan, but he had an entire town for a family. He thought he was a nothing, but he had an entire town that thought him something.

He grew up never finding out his real back story…

I asked him once as he rushed passed me,

“What’s the rush Kid?” His reply would come so fast from his mouth that I could barely catch it.

“Erik returns today! Maybe he knows news of my parents!” 

Everytime, if you could catch him before he slinked off, the look on his face when the news was nothing would break your heart. Kid loved everyone here, but he also loved the parents he forgot. After the news, you wouldn’t usually see him until the next day, with rowdy hair and dark circles under his eyes. 

The life of Kid was abnormal. Besides the before mentioned welcomed into every home, Kid also ran messages for everyone for a little change that he would save up for who-knew-what.

Boy, could he run! He out-ran every child in the town, without breathing heavy. In the rare occurrence he had need to use a speeder (he was trusted to go to other towns alone) he was speedy and good.

Kid was a natural crack shot. The sniper rifle he bought with his own earnings was a little old-fashioned and had no scope, but he could bring down anything with superb accuracy. Pistols were no different. Though, if you gave him a knife or sword, it was like his mind went blank. He could middle, or prepare his game with a knife, sure, by fight? No, Kid didn’t understand fighting with blades, only with his fists and guns. Neither did he understand jet packs. He was clumsy with one, and the same with a spacecraft. 

As far as reading and writing go, Kid had a beautiful reading voice when he got in the mood, but he rarely read aloud in that way. He never wrote. Kid had shaky handwriting thanks to a tremor that made it hard for him to write.

His tremor was his shame. It always seemed to show up at the most inconvenient times. Kwin, Kid’s friend and the one who loved to play jokes on him, often made fun of how when Kid got flustered, it seemed like his tremor would always appear. 

Kid was like an angel in our town, trustworthy, polite, willing. But he never trusted anything new, he was suspicious of every new speck of dirt. I’ve seen him steer clear of just a new speeder in the street. He also never seemed quite honest about himself. He could look straight into your eyes and say he was feeling no pain at all when he had a broken leg (I’ve seen him do it!) He rarely stated what his heart felt like. But if you watched him enough, you could see, he was struggling.

There was rarely a day when I didn’t ask Ehyeh to be with Kid. His eyes were empty, he often mentioned how worthless he was. He would sometimes wander aimlessly around the town, without an idea where he was or where he was going. I originally thought his aimless walks were due to his TBI, but I began to wonder if there was something more to it. Maybe that was where Kid was in reality. Maybe he lived in our town, but felt he didn’t belong, didn’t know us, and didn’t know where he should go. Maybe it also reflected his spiritual life. Maybe he didn’t have Ehyeh in his heart, yet. Maybe it was empty, maybe that’s why he thought life “worthless.” 

Kid is a charrie I’m still getting to know, so this is all I have right now, I’ll be sure to update you, if you’re interested. 🙂

He’s the next character I’m going to have a history of headaches on before the end XD.

#Justiceforsandwichclone
                      #theclonesdeservedbetter
                      #HugRikerSquad
                      #HugHans

RAE
                      @rae

@princesachronicle22 ^

#Justiceforsandwichclone
                        #theclonesdeservedbetter
                        #HugRikerSquad
                        #HugHans

Anonymous

@rae Uhm…*cough cough* can I maybe hear about this Chase you have spoken of?

Please??? 🥺

RAE
                          @rae

Hhjj

@freedomwriter76

Sure.

Chase Duke

About 5’6″. 15years old in my mind currently. Green eyes (usually) and dark hair. He has various scars on his arms, and some on other parts of his body, but he hides them by wearing a hoodie (a hoodie specifically so he can put the hood on and hide his face) and geans.

He’s just another character in my head, no story yet.

Chase is like the one child I have who had an abusive father (I usually steer more toward the side of a good family but a tragic life afterwards) and a loving mother.

His childhood was dark, with him taking many beatings from his father, mainly because he always stood in the way of his mother getting them. He was often called names by his father, especially “Dust Child” meaning he would never rise above the dust. Chase was pulled out of school by his father when he was little because his father told the government he was going to homeschool his child (in that country, if you were homeschooled, your family had a reduce in taxes, sometimes your family even got “school funds” to help pay for materials). His father didn’t care about Chase actually being schooled, and so if Chase’s mother hadn’t taken it upon herself to teach her son nesessary life skills such as reading and writing, Chase would have been illiterate.

At the age of twelve, Chase’s mother fell ill. Chase knew she would die if he didn’t get a doctor, but his father had spent all their money on drink and drugs, leaving Chase with one option, getting a job. He lied about his age and was hired to work at a factory. If he worked full twelve-hour days, within a week, he would always have enough money to pay for the doctor visit plus some medicine, and if the doctor came on a Saturday night, his father would not know what Chase was doing. It was hard, Chase had to hide the medicine, the money, that he had an honest job, and that the doctor was coming, to save his mother and he, not to mention the doctor, from getting in the worst trouble.

Even with the weekly doctor’s visits and the medicine, Chase’s mother died within a year, leaving Chase devastated and alone.

From that at forward, Chase would rarely have green eyes, but instead, he would always have black.

(I shall explain this phenomenon later)

For one more year Chase was under his abusive father and still managed to keep up his job, even though he only was able to work a few hours now instead of twelve. Until his father found out and Chase was subjected to the worst beating he had ever gotten. His father left him in an alleyway to die.

But Chase was stronger than that. He managed to drag himself to the nearest house, where he was taken in and the doctor, the same who had treated his mother, came.

Btw this doctor had before promised not to tell anyone about Chase and his father, because Chase knew his father would get revenge.

But now no one could ignore Chase was being abused. His father was arrested and charged with more than just child abuse, and his sentence was life in prison without parol.

Meanwhile, Chase was put in the foster system. For about six months, Chase bounced between foster home to foster home, with him fitting in nowhere. He was secretive, barely ever talking, got in fights with other teens, had physical (for a time) and mental therapy.

The only things he enjoyed were animals and soccer (or football as it should be
                            named).

He excelled at soccer, to the point his coaches wondered how he so quickly rose to the best on the team.

And animals were naturally attracted to him. Birds didn’t fly away, squirrels didn’t scurry up trees to complain, deer didn’t run. Whatever it was, Chase and animals got along.

And that was how he ended up with the Marshalls. They were a family who only had one biological child, Nate, and six others adopted as babies. They were the last on the foster list, the only reason they were on there was they ran a small zoo.

Chase was his usual when he first met them, secretive, sneaking of for hours to return out of nowhere. Sometimes he would disappear for days in other foster homes, but he didn’t do it at first with this one.

Why? Because of Mrs. Marshall. She had green eyes and light brown hair, like his mother. She laughed and smiled. She encouraged Chase and would cheer him on in his practise games. She was like his mother in many ways.

Mr. Marshall on the other hand, he was kind and gentle, though Chase never looked into his eyes and avoided him.

Nate and his adopted siblings were kind (for the most part) never beating Chase down, but would sometimes make jokes that Chase took seriously.

Another thing about Chase, is that he judges people by their eyes, and often will put them to something metamorphoricly (I don’t think I spelled that right). Sometimes he just judged them by their nature, but all in all, Chase was usually a good judge of character.

He would sometimes speak in riddles, dropping his voice low and quiet and saying things like, “The Wolf howled and hated the Tree. He tore at the Meadow.” “The fox cubs frolic, but here comes the storm.” Most of them were nature-related.

Now comes the part that tells you this is a fantasy…

Chase can change his iris color at will, though it usually portrays his emotions. His original “default” color is green, but he now often has black for “distrust”. No one knows how, only he can.

Then comes the next part…

Chase Duke is a Wondian, and on the fanged Snake Head peninsula, lives the Shyiads of Wond. They are shape shifters, “magical” beings that can change into any organic form, though their “default” form is a snake or human.

Chase has some distant Shyiad blood.

And the funny thing about when a Shyiad mixes with human, is the Shyiad genes chooses only certain people who can use the abilities of a Shyiad. They be the child of the Shyiad, or the great great great great great grandchild. It doesn’t matter. Chase was a chosen one to be able to shape shift, and to have some other oddities (such as the eyes).

He doesn’t know it, until a Slyiad (they have a spider form), the natural enemies of the Shyiads, comes to his little corner of the Mainland.

In protecting himself, he discovers his abilities and uses them secretly to keep the Shyiad at bay.

And no one knows until the Shyiad directly attacked the Marshall’s. That was when Chase became his snake form and defended the family who was good to him.

Chase neither lost nor won, but he did gain one thing, he looked into the eyes of Mr. Marshall and saw the things missing in his father.

After this battle between the Shyiad and he, he did get to see his father one last time, and his words to Mr. Marshall as they went home were,

“The Wolf’s howl dies tonight.”

After this point, things get controversial in my mind. Chase’s life has gone through many revisions, and even certain parts I have just told you are open to revision.

But the Shyiad blood shall remain the same with his eyes. And his inner struggles.

Chase lives in the shadows, he hides from the gaze of most especially men, he doesn’t quite believe in God, instead he says,

“Mum told me about Him, and that is why I believe He is there, but I’m not sure if I believe what you believe.”

I’ll probably be thinking about Chase now, so I’ll let you know about any updates.

#Justiceforsandwichclone
                            #theclonesdeservedbetter
                            #HugRikerSquad
                            #HugHans

RAE
                            @rae

Sorry, there are a couple times where there’s Shyiad instead of Slyiad.

#Justiceforsandwichclone
                              #theclonesdeservedbetter
                              #HugRikerSquad
                              #HugHans

Whaley
                              @whalekeeper
                                • Total Posts: 2584

@rae

Hey, I was wondering, is the Kid in a Western-inspired fantasy? Just hit me as a possibility

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

RAE
                                @rae

@whalekeeper

No, Kid is a sci-fi charrie that I have in my Wondian Galaxy.

I do have a couple old charries from when my brother and I were playing with western fantasy, but Kid is not one of them.

#Justiceforsandwichclone
                                  #theclonesdeservedbetter
                                  #HugRikerSquad
                                  #HugHans

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 157 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >