A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen

• This topic has 204 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Joy.
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 205 total)
  • Author
    Joy
    @dekreel
      • Total Posts: 2304

@warrenluther04  Well done!! It seems you have made good use of my map 😉

I LOVE FLYING SQUIRRELS!!!!!!

You can pronounce it however you want.

Jenna Terese
      @jenwriter17
        • Total Posts: 2522

@warrenluther04 I am lovin’ all the kapeefer literature you and Dekreel are writing! 😀 Great job! 😉

I'm a Kapeefer 'TIL WE'RE OLD AND GREY!
        www.jennaterese.com

Ben Powell
        @supermonkey42
          • Total Posts: 273

@warrenluther04 Interesting installment! I like how you’re using new places that haven’t been mentioned yet.

Here is your Compendium link. 😉

A Kapeefer for life!
          Compendium of KP Literature: kapeeferliterature.wordpress.com

Rochellaine
          @rochellaine
            • Total Posts: 3322

@ariel-ashira I wasn’t apologizing for my beliefs.  I was apologizing for the extra work that Warren and @dekreel will have to go through in order to satisfy them.

@warrenluther04
            You didn’t tag me when you posted the new installment?!  I had to find it on my own? 🙁 😀  Great job!  It’s looking good.

Well, I’d be happy to help fight an army of snakes, but how would that work?  I believe in snakes, and I don’t think I’m good enough at disbelieving to disbelief something that I have always known is real.  Like I said, I believe in dragons, and talking animals, so if snakes attacked I’d call @daughteroftheking to come and phaser them. 😀  (Wait…is that a verb?) Or Dragon Snapper to melt them (if you can melt snakes, which I bet she can.)

If the were snakes with wings, now, I bet I could at least unimagine their wings so that they had to crawl, or it might be possible, if I tried really hard, to disbelief them altogether.  But I can’t promise.  It would probably depend on how strong my brain was that particular day.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Ariel Ashira
            @ariel-ashira
              • Total Posts: 739

@rochellaine. I didn’t think you were apoligizing for your beliefs.  🙂 Sorry I didn’t say it clearly.

An army of snakes?  With wings?  Ahh!  I hate snakes!  And a snake with wings is twice as creepy.  If my voice wasn’t shaking I might ne able to sing so that they’re docile and it would be easier to disbelief them. 🙂

"In a mask, was he?"

Rochellaine
              @rochellaine

@ariel-ashira How would docile snakes be easier to disbelief than attacking ones?  😀  The ability to disbelief something comes from deciding not to believe in it, and I believe in snakes.  The only way I could disbelief them would be if someone convinced me that they were fictional, since the Kingdom of Pen is fictional.  I usually don’t randomly disbelief things in the Kingdom of Pen because I try to believe it’s real, so I’d need to remember that it is made up of imagination in order to disbelief something that would be real in real life.  As long as the things in the kingdom resemble their real-life counterparts I believe in them.

You see, it’s all about how strong my imagination is.  My imagination doesn’t always extend to creatures like Dekreel, since I like to imagine more realistic things.  Snakes are easy to imagine, but just like in a dream, it’s easy to dream up a monster to attack you, but hard to realize it’s a dream and make the monster go away.

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Rochellaine
                @rochellaine

People, the simple explanation is that I’m living in a dream world, and as long as I don’t realize I’m dreaming (i.e. when the dream resembles real life) I don’t control what happens in the dream.  Once I realize I’m dreaming, if I’m having a good day and my imagination is strong enough, I can change the things in the dream.

(Can anyone else do this?  I can actually [irl] be in a dream where I realize I’m dreaming, and sometimes I can change the dream to go as I want it to, and sometimes I can’t.)

@warrenluther04
                  @dekreel @ariel-ashira @anyone-else

"Sylvester - Sylvester!"

Skredder
                  @skredder
                    • Total Posts: 527

@rochellaine I’ve never been able to control my dreams, even if I know I’m in a dream. All I know is that I can’t run in my dreams, so I have to consciously move every muscle in order to make myself run in any of my dreams.

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

WarrenLuther04
                    @warrenluther04
                      • Total Posts: 270

@ariel-ashira Oh, you won’t have to wait for much longer…hopefully. 🙁 I don’t know how much time I’ll have to write this week, but hopefully I will have a new post by Sunday. 🙂

@dekreel
                      Thanks! Yes, your map is very helpful! 🙂 Flying squirrels are cool. 😎 *wags tail* But they are even harder to chase than regular squirrels…

@jenwriter17
                      Thanks! Thanks to @dekreel and @catwing for giving me the idea! (Also thanks to my brain and my dog. 😋)

@supermonkey42
                      Thank you! OHMYGOSH! I HAVE A COMPENDIUM SECTION!!! *wags tail and howls ecstatically* 😀 😀 😀 THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! (Yeah. This is me when I geek out and am excited. 🙂 )

@rochellaine
                      Oh, I’m sorry!!!!! *adds you to tag list* 🙁 Sorry! Thanks, though! 🙂 😀

Hmm, maybe they could be giant flying snakes or something…. I’ll think about it. 🙂

I’m dreaming (i.e. when the dream resembles real life) I don’t control what happens in the dream.  Once I realize I’m dreaming, if I’m having a good day and my imagination is strong enough, I can change the things in the dream.

(Can anyone else do this?  I can actually [irl] be in a dream where I realize I’m dreaming, and sometimes I can change the dream to go as I want it to, and sometimes I can’t.)

Oh, and I believe that what you are referring to here is “lucid dreaming.” And my response is:

YOU CAN LUCID DREAM???? Lucky!!!! It’s actually pretty common, if I remember the random news article I read once correctly. But it’s hard to start lucid dreaming if you don’t usually. So you are so lucky!

Hey, @skredder and @supermonkey42 , would you guys mind being characters in my Dog in KP series? *wags tail hopefully*

Kapeefer 'Till We're Old and Grey!
                      ENFJ-T ... I think (haven't taken the quiz in awhile)

Skredder
                      @skredder

@warrenluther04 If you’d like me to be a character in your KP series, then that is perfectly fine with me. 🙂

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

WarrenLuther04
                        @warrenluther04
                          • Total Posts: 270

@skredder Awesome! 🙂 😀 From Dekreel’s KPA I know you’re a dog, what breed/color/personality are you? (Should I just read the Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton?)

Kapeefer 'Till We're Old and Grey!
                          ENFJ-T ... I think (haven't taken the quiz in awhile)

Skredder
                          @skredder

@warrenluther04 Well, truth be told, I’ve always been compared with a Golden Retriever. But, since that is your character I will take any breed/color that you think would work best.

In terms of personality: I’m ISFJ if that helps. I’m generally quiet except for when I like the subject. Then you can’t get me to be quiet. I don’t interact with a lot of people. I can be loyal to almost anyone, even those who aren’t loyal to me. Unfortunately, I have a tendency to be very pessimistic. I’ve been told that I can be very vague and can be almost like a blank page. In honesty, I’m pretty simple. I like what I like, don’t what I don’t, and understanding of just about anyone. Hope that helps! 😀

Joy
                            @dekreel
                              • Total Posts: 2304

@rochellaine  @warrenluther04  Sometimes when I’m having a bad dream, and I know I’m dreaming, I can like will myself to wake up.

One time I dreamed that a whole bunch of people and I were in my house, hiding from terrorists. And someone said something like, “Wake up from your dream, and at least you will be safe!” So I did! It was interesting

You can pronounce it however you want.

Ben Powell
                              @supermonkey42
                                • Total Posts: 273

@warrenluther04 Sure, I’ll be a character. I’ve been a droid in a couple of other Kapeefer Lit stories. You can use me however you want, though. 🙂

A Kapeefer for life!
                                Compendium of KP Literature: kapeeferliterature.wordpress.com

Ariel Ashira
                                @ariel-ashira
                                  • Total Posts: 739

@rochellaine. I don’t know.  It was kind of a dumb comment. 🙂   Though personaly it would be easier for me to disbelieve snakes while I wasn’t being attaked and freaking out.  Whatever.  Dont take this seriously because it was really a joke.

"In a mask, was he?"

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 205 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >