@whalekeeper
Active 18 hours, 4 minutes ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 6048
-
Ruth replied to the topic Labyrinth rp in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 months ago
The Protector — Gabriel Mai
When Lucy tried to play the piano, Gabriel relaxed, realizing it was merely an instrument. He pressed a few keys exploratorily, sneezing as the dust traveled under his mask and into his nose. “Is it a magic instrument? Most the ones in my world are ones you have to blow wind through to work, or have s…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Labyrinth rp in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 months ago
@whalekeeper
I love how Lucy is wondering why there’s a piano in the room, while I’m over here like “It couldn’t be empty, and just a couch or chair is boring, so piano was the first thing I thought of”. Zero deep meaning just a brain who was trying to rp while listening to a streamer talk about a mech video game. -
Ruth replied to the topic Labyrinth rp in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 months ago
The Protector — Gabriel Mai
“A piano? This is a piano?”
Gabriel touched it gently, dust flying into the air. He jumped back defensively as an off-tune note rang in the air from the key he pressed.
“Is that normal?” He watched the piano like a curious kitten, not sure if they should attack, ignore, or play with it.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Labyrinth rp in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 months ago
The Protector — Gabriel Mai
Gabriel nodded. “Good.” He stood, the voices that still had been whispering in his head that day were quiet as he had bound up her arms, but now they returned, a constant noise slowly driving him insane.
Gabriel waved one of his glowing blades ahead. The walls were rough like brick, the floor with l…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Labyrinth rp in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 months ago
Gabriel Mai — The Protector
Gabriel untucked his shirt, cutting along the hem in a long strip, then cut another one. He pulled the vial disinfectant from his pocket. “Hold still.” He took her arm, trying to be gentle, but he knew it would sting. He silently cursed himself for leaving salve in his cottage and not slipping it into h…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 10 months ago
@whalekeeper BRUH THE MEMES LOLLL
-
Ruth replied to the topic Labyrinth rp in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 months ago
The Protector — Gabriel Mai
Gabriel nodded, backing closer to the door, before spinning around, tumbling inside with Lucy and shutting the hatch, darkness enveloping them as the crow’s talons scraped against the rough metal, their screeches of frustration cutting through the fog outside.
Inside, the air was stale but strangely w…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 months ago
-
Koshka replied to the topic The All-Boys Royal Academy AU RP! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 months ago
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 months ago
@loopylin @whalekeeper @elishavet-pidyon
Awesome! I’ll put Celarent and Ryla in tomorrow. Should I just pick teams for them?
-
Ruth replied to the topic Labyrinth rp in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 months ago
It’s not painful to read. You describe things clearly, there are varied sentence lengths, and you suggest emotion at sprinkled points through the sections. You also don’t harp on descriptions, which is something I struggle with.
Thanks.
But stubborn me still hates it (it’s a me problem, I am genuinely thankful)
Also, I really, reall…[Read more]
-
Jaybird replied to the topic Why did you choose to write about your main character? in the forum Topic of the Week 10 months ago
Oh, fabulous question!
Let’s see.
In Heirs of Ashes Alyona was originally the MC, but I ended up changing the sibling’s age order and put Viktor in her place. Then he kinda became his own person. It’s funny reading back to some of those old RPs with him. I mentioned his scarring and trauma in almost every post because I had just…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Labyrinth rp in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 months ago
The Protector — Gabriel Mai
Gabriel nodded, his jaw tight, knowing Lucy couldn’t get there in time. He judged the distance, and the closeness of the crows, but before he finished thinking, he sheathed his daggers and scooped Lucy up, apologizing, remembering how she kicked him last time. Then he ran for what felt like the m…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Labyrinth rp in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 months ago
It’s painful to read, but thanks I guess.
The Protector — Gabriel Mai
It, indeed, was Lucy. She tumbled unceremoniously from the mass of black feathers. The crow shifted its attention from the shiny silver, to her, and she ran, the crow chasing after her.
Gabriel’s blades were out in a moment, boots digging into the ground as he r…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Labyrinth rp in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 months ago
The problem is not what I want to write, I just genuinely hate my writing style right now.
The Protector — Gabriel Mai
As the crows above cackled and argued, Gabriel’s attention was drawn to something silver falling from the tower. A crow dived after it, and among its black feathers was a spot of color on its back. Gabriel cal…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Prayer Requests for Anyone in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 10 months, 1 week ago
@whalekeeper you said it better than me, I echo your sentiment.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Labyrinth rp in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 months, 1 week ago
And after over 12 hours, I return.
I had to pull out a plot device
The Protector — Gabriel Mai
The shadowy form of the bird faded slowly into the mist, and Gabriel’s heart sunk. He couldn’t wait, he’d have to hope the crow kept its steady direction, and enter the maze to pursue it. He adjusted his mask, pulling the red ribbon t…[Read more]
-
Cj posted a new activity comment 10 months, 1 week ago
@whalekeeper hello!! I have been on here for a while, but never active, lol. I just started writing a short story and rediscovered KP, so though I should dive a little deeper. Thanks for saying hi, though! Have you been on here long??
-
Ruth replied to the topic Labyrinth rp in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 months, 1 week ago
It might be a little bit before I reply, I need to think and my brain has died. Sorry 🙁 .
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 10 months, 1 week ago
hehe yeah it’s fun! I should post some of my current art sometime bc that one isn’t the best representation of it lol
@looylin
Thanks! : 3
- Load More

Well it’s great to see other people come on and look around! I promise we don’t bite if you ever choose to talk in the Chat Chat. Or do whatever you like!
I think I’ve been here for four years…? Maybe more, maybe less.
Ah, you’ve spoken to my dear colleague Loops 😛 If she’s been here for three years, I’ve been here around the same amount of time.
Lol, yes! You both were very kind to say hello 🙂
And thanks! I was reading through the Chat Chat, and it’s so fun!! I might just have to pop in sometime and say hi.