@whalekeeper
Active 4 hours, 57 minutes ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 6060
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Question Regarding Fantasy Books in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 1 month ago
@ellette-giselle @theducktator @whalekeeper whoaaaa I didn’t mean to start a HP fight in the replies, I was just stating why I personally don’t trust it. I don’t think any of you are like, evil or anything for reading it.
but I would agree with what whaley says on the “Are the books basing off real magic, or are they just fantasy with cool…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
Hey! That’s awesome!! Great job!
My book update is that I’m now in the formatting process of my next book!!!!! I’m hoping to have the proof copy by no later then next week!!!!! I’m pretty excited! (In case you didn’t notice.) lol.
Ooo Rea, that sounds pretty cool! I’ve really enjoyed the stuff you post, so I’m…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
You and me both girl XD isn’t the point of writing to do something different?
Yesss! Atoh is my priority but I really enjoy my other one.
Yeah, it’s rough. Well, maybe I can help you see another perspective on your mom. I know her chronic illness is different than mine, but depression is common to a lot of chronic illnesses.
One…[Read more]
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Question Regarding Fantasy Books in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 1 month ago
I agree with you about Harry Potter. Another thing is that the characters weren’t exactly learning magic. They were learning how to use their abilities. Magic is genetic, not a way to get into the occult or a fantasy equivalent.
Probably have him explain the difference between these and other books with magic, t…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
AHHHH! C’MON! yOU RARELY SHARE ANY OF YOUR WRITING!!!!!!!!!
I can’t wait! I’m so excited my palms are sweating! cONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Um, I guess I’ll update you…
I got to 50k words, eleven days after I wanted to…Mixed feelings.
I started a new short story about Tomoko Tadashi Tama (I think that’s what his…[Read more]
-
freedom replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
@whalekeeper That’s always the best feeling😆 Super excited for you, girl!! ✨✨ And it being an unconventional one is the best 😜
Uhhh, not too many updates tbh😅 Besides Broken Shackles now being in the editing process, nothing much new🤷🏻♀️ Honestly prob gonna take a short break from editing bc as much as I love them, I need a break from Leon and…[Read more]
-
FIREQUACKER replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
@whalekeeper @keilah-h @theshadow @esther-c @freed_and_redeemed @grcr
I might add someone else later, but for now I’m just doing one.
Ayla (I haven’t given her a last name yet)
Age: 15
Species: Human
Appearance: Ayla is 5′ 7”, with pale skin, thick wavy dark brown hair, dark brown eyes, and high cheekbones. She is slender, and typically…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
That sounds really cool! Yeah, I think I tend to plot the most for the climax and not do as much for the rest. XD
I feel like a ending that depends on the rest of the story is the best. Anyone can make a generic ending, but having one like that makes it more special.
Y’know it doesn’t feel too alien even though it’s really…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
Really?? That’s so cool! I can’t imagine how that must feel.
I’ve been thinking about my secondary project (Our last Hope) for a bit now and I’ve almost completely gotten the beginning figured out. I’m actually finding that writing a tight plot is easier than a loose slice of life style (My story with Tauren). There are distinct…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
@whalekeeper oooh that’s awesome!! also cool that it’s an unconventional one.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
@whalekeeper I have no idea lol
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
@grcr @freed_and_redeemed @theshadow @theducktator @esther-c @whalekeeper
yeah I’m keeping Crosshair here because he’s been in here for what, three years now and I greatly enjoy writing him. Feather’s out though, just because I wanna stick with one character for now and might save the slot for a charrie from another WIP or something.
are we…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
Don’t you find it a little funny that Aaron is the one to bring the kids back after being the strongest opposer of the idea?
There is an irony in that, which was why I thought the chapter was good. I read the last section you posted as well.
“Finnick is fifteen. In a few years he could find a place of his own,” offered Sabina…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
Oh please forgive me if it’s anything unkind that I said! If it truly is just a preference in writing then that’s okay. I just hope I didn’t offend you!
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
Is there a goal fulfilled within this first book? I’ve read and watched many series of media, and the ones that make the best impression have an end goal for the entire series and goals for each book/episode.
Yes, of course there is. I wouldn’t write a book without an end goal.
If you have studied story structure that deeply, you sho…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
@savannah_grace2009 @whalekeeper
Someone is having a hard time staying off until Christmas. lolololololol 😀
You might need to try outlining books based on a plot structure…like the Three Act Structure, because it hooks your readers more and you can kind of sense them pushing toward a goal.
Hmmm, well, I have to disagree. I will NEVER start a…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
HOW DO YOU DO THAT?!??!?!
Wow it’s like you can read my mind lol!
Anyways….
I totally agree with what Whaley said.
The time jumps just take away so much from the story (even at the beginning where Aaron and Turin were working together) and it makes me lose interest. You do great at describing outside of the…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic I've started my draft, would you guys keep reading this story? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
@whalekeeper @loopylin @freed_and_redeemed @lightoverdarkness6 @anyone else
Guys do you want to read a really awkward scene
Btw I have had some social interaction almost this bad bc this is how my brain works XD I hope it pains you deeply
***
Tauren meanders around the side of the dance floor, watching as Lesli takes her turn with somebody…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
Just popping in because I’m bored, lol!
I kinda agree with Whaley. The story just doesn’t seem like it’s going towards a specific goal…like the events seem a bit random and idk how to describe it but it’s like your story’s missing something but it frustrates me because I don’t know what exactly I’m missing, just that something…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 1 month ago
Because the orphanage plot was out of left field XD
Oh, well what did you expect to happen?
Don’t worry. The orphanage plays a key part in all three books.
- Load More
