@whalekeeper
Active 1 day, 19 hours ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 6041
-
Faith replied to the topic Characters for my WIP! For those who wanna know (Also i wanna hear yours too) in the forum Characters 3 years, 6 months ago
Arwen Kilmer
(Main character)
She is 17 with curly dark brown hair, deep brown eyes, and a brown complexion. Human.
She lives in Hedquist with her mother and baby brother. Her father disappeared on a trading ship to the island Snidd two years prior to the events of this story. Arwen is brave at heart and longs for adventure. She hates the…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 3 years, 6 months ago
@freedomwriter76 @princesachronicle22 @lightoverdarkness6 @mineralizedwritings @elishavet-pidyon @loopylin @thearcaneaxiom @whalekeeper @felicity @anyone-else
I finally finished all of the expressions on this board yall!! Some of these I had drawn last year and others I just recently did, but I’m happy with how they turned out! They aren’t per…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Does this dialogue (and ImPOrtAnT MomEnT) feel natural? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
@whalekeeper LOL, yeah he’s the only one who’d understand it.
One thing I thought about:
Couldn’t Omri or some other phoenix-gifted character use his/her power to make themself immortal? like he gets old, he sets himself aflame, he becomes young again? There’ll have to be a way to restrain that ability–like for example it only works a limited…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Character Ship Game Show✨ in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
@loopylin @godlyfantasy12 @esther-c @orielle21 @acancello @joy-calle @sarafini @whalekeeper @freedomwriter76 @whoever else
Hmm….now I’m debating which character couple I should add in……
I have a lot besides Reed and Aurelia, but they’re all pretty hilarious to write.
-
Esther replied to the topic Does this dialogue (and ImPOrtAnT MomEnT) feel natural? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
The scene was really natural. Great job!! 😄
It also got me really curious about your worldbuilding and plot! 😏
Btw, I really like your writing style. It kinda reminds me of Andrew Peterson’s, like how you use metaphors and similes that have never been used before to describe things. I really like it! (Don’t worry though, your sty…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic The Character Ship Game Show✨ in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
@loopylin @godlyfantasy12 @acancello @sarafini @orielle21 @joy-calle @whalekeeper @freedomwriter76
Ok, ok, ok. I have to add in another couple. These two are from my WIP, but I’m going to pretend that they’ve known each other for the length of the trilogy. (Instead of where I’m at now, cuz that’s not long at all)
Skylar: What is this place? *…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Does this dialogue (and ImPOrtAnT MomEnT) feel natural? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
Oh, sure! I would love to talk about your worldbuilding!
The biggest aspects of worldbuilding you’ve presented here I would say you’ve shown pretty well. It’s just part of the world, without making a point out of it or info-dumping, so well done as far as that goes! As for the worldbuilding itself, I do find it intriguing. You’ve…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Does this dialogue (and ImPOrtAnT MomEnT) feel natural? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
@whalekeeper would u share the next scene with us once it’s finished? I really wanna know what happens next!
-
Loopy replied to the topic Does this dialogue (and ImPOrtAnT MomEnT) feel natural? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
That was so cool! I love the world building and the characters and everything! I was able to follow all of it pretty well. Are you going to post more?
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Does this dialogue (and ImPOrtAnT MomEnT) feel natural? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
That was really good!
Btw, you have a Tauren too?! XD the name jumped out to me in there of course
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Does this dialogue (and ImPOrtAnT MomEnT) feel natural? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
@whalekeeper SO COOL!!!! I really want to know what the welding is now tho!!!!
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Does this dialogue (and ImPOrtAnT MomEnT) feel natural? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
@whalekeeper That seemed fine to me. I was a tiny bit confused at first, but I think with context the story will be far clearer. I think I remember you talking about this story.
Also, I love “Holy toothy cow!” My expression would’ve been “Holy Darkhunter!” (Context: Darkhunters are a species my brother made up that are pretty much about the…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Does this dialogue (and ImPOrtAnT MomEnT) feel natural? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
Thanks for sharing!
I think I was able to follow along pretty well, there was a lot of context I didn’t have, but it was still digestible as a whole!
-
Allison started the topic The Scrapbook! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
@esther-c @lighoverdarkness6 @loopylin @janellebelovedpig @power @booksbyjayna @mineralizedwritings @whalekeeper and everyone!
I had a great idea! We all should do a scrapbook! Just post a little bit or a lot whenever, you do something your proud of in writing! Share your characters, story, great ideas, want to thank somebody or just leave them a…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Character Ship Game Show✨ in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
@whalekeeper That’s too funny.
Reed is such a perfectionist, lol………
-
Light posted an update 3 years, 6 months ago
@freedomwriter76 @mineralizedwritings @godlyfantasy12 @esther-c @euodia-vision @felicity @gwyndalf-the-wise @sarafini @whalekeeper @loopylin @princesachronicle22 @thearcaneaxiom @any-one-else
Hey y’all. Can y’all just please pray for me and my family? There’s some stuff going on, I can’t really go into detail, but I’m worried, and kinda…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
@mineealizedwritings @freedomwriter76 @gwyndalf-the-wise @lightoverdarkness6 @joy-calle aww thx!!!
imma tag @whalekeeper too just in case lol
SO First off I just really wanted to share the adorableness that is child Ara and November XD.
I don’t really have scenes written ( 😭 )
But I do know what they’re like and can imagine them in my hea…[Read more]
-
Loopy replied to the topic The Character Ship Game Show✨ in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
@whalekeeper Ok, sounds good
@joy-calle My best friend is also an INFP! I actually wouldn’t be surprised if most of the people on here are INFPs or INFJs
-
Esther replied to the topic The Character Ship Game Show✨ in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
@loopylin @joy-calle @acancello @godlyfantasy12 @sarafini @freedomwriter76 @orielle21 @whalekeeper
This is going to be fun!!!
Mike: Now for our next couple, Everdala.
Both: What?
Mike: I’ve been told that is your ship name.
Both: *blush*
Ami: Just call us by our names please. *smiles softly*
Mike: If you so desire, Amidala. *turns to a…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic The Character Ship Game Show✨ in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
@loopylin @joy-calle @esther-c @freedomwriter76 @orielle21 @whalekeeper
AHHH I AM SO EXCITED AND AN LOVING THIS!!! THESE COUPLES ARE SO GREAT! I love how Dante knew the answers so those questions and I’m seriously wondering what is running thru Ellie’s head like “HOW DID HE KNOW THAT/WHY DID HE KNOW THAT XD”
there should be a segment…[Read more]
- Load More

@freedomwriter76 Thank you sister!! That means so much to me. ❤️❤️❤️ Aww girl!! That brought tears to my eyes. Thank you so, so much!!
💕💕💕
Girl I’m so sorry! I know that stuff can be scary, if you ever need to chat I’m here for you! 💗💗 Just remember that God never fails, even when the people around us might. I will be praying for you! <33
Here's a little cat to maybe make you happier?
ᓚᘏᗢ
Maybe this one?
ヾ(≧▽≦*)o
Oh no! Idk what happened to this one, looks a little bit like Lays…[Read more]
@freedomwriter76
❤️❤️❤️❤️
@mineralizedwritings
Aww thank you sister!! Thank you so much!! 💗💗💗💗
And oh my goodness, those cats are so cute! And the Layson expression…and the Matthew one XD.
Thank you for bringing a smile to my face.
@lightoverdarkness6
Yw! <333
That was my hope 🙂
I know it's an awful feeling when you haven't smiled in too long.
What are you up to rn? School? Writing?
@mineralizedwritings
😊❤️❤️
I’ve finished school for the day (thankfully 😅) and rn I’m just writing a few RPs in the castles and I might write some in my actual book, idk yet.
Thank you for asking! 😊
How about you?
@lightoverdarkness6
oh nice! A wonderful feeling when you’re done with schoolwork XD
What part of your book?
Idk actually! Just hangin around kp! I need to work on an animation I was working on awhile ago, I’m having a little bit of a hard time moving forwards because it’s a real sit down and grind kinda thing at the beginning.
My mom and I…[Read more]
@mineralizedwritings
Yes it is!! 😀
The 3rd chapter, lol. It’s when I first introduce Matthew and Lyla! So I’m excited 😊
Fun!! Haha, yeah, animation seems really hard. I love the look of it tho!! Yeah I get that 🙂
Ooh!! Awesome!! I hope y’all have an amazing time! What movie? Do y’all know?
@lightoverdarkness6
Oh nice! Wait.. they aren’t introduced till the 3rd? Who does it start with?
XD maybe if I put on an audio book. Have any recommendations? lol I never know what to listen to
Thanks so much! It’s puss in boots the last wish, it’s being praised like crazy among the animation community and I just had to see it XD have you seen it?
@mineralizedwritings Haha, yeah. It starts with chapter one, Asher, chapter two, Iris, chapter three, Matthew, then chapter 4, Dylan.
Hmm, just like any audio book? I really like the Green Ember, we have that one on audio! Or maybe the Wingfeather Saga…idk? Theres lots of good books out there that you can find on audio books! There’s a…[Read more]
@lightoverdarkness6
oh nice!
Well sadly I ended up trying the ascension series again, It got kinda creepy, I read to much more and now I’ve got that nasty rock in my stomach. Ugh. Thanks for the suggestions! I’ve read both, and their pretty good. I stopped the green ember series at the third book because I just couldn’t get into it and I felt like…[Read more]
@lightoverdarkness6
Sorry I didn’t see this earlier! I’ll definitely being praying for you and your family! ❤️❤️❤️
Aw, I really appreciate you too, girl! I know that since I’ve been here you’ve been really encouraging to me. =)
@gwyndalf-the-wise No you’re good girl! Thank you!! Aww, I’m glad. You are so sweet ❤️❤️❤️
Your in our prayers! When things seem to be going astray, just don’t lose faith! The Lord loves you and your family so dearly, and has a plan for you. Whatever happens, just never forget to show the light you’ve already so humbly let shine to all those around you. You have such a sweet, gentle, and powerful spirit, and I know that the Lord will…[Read more]
@thearcaneaxiom Aww, thank you so much!! I really needed to hear that. 😊 I appreciate all the kindness you and your sweet family has shown. It means the world to me. 💖💖💖
@mineralizedwritings Oh, I’m sorry girl!! I hate that feeling 🙁. Maybe say a little prayer, that will help. 😊
Yeah I’ve never read it, and I probably never will, from what I’ve heard of it.
Yes, The Green Ember isn’t like the best, but me and my little brother really enjoyed it, so I guess that’s why I still like it. Honestly, at times it felt a…[Read more]
@lightoverdarkness6
Yeah XD
Movie was really really good. Could have done without the bad guy using a crystal ball/ other magical things, but it was overall really good. The animation was great, I liked the characters, and the jokes were actually funny. Tbh the themes were really good too. It felt really tight knit if that makes sense,…[Read more]
@mineralizedwritings Cool!! Yeah, there’s always a little something magical. Oh okay! I’ll have to watch it sometime! 😀
@lightoverdarkness6
I don’t recommend watching it with younger siblings unless they can take some scary stuff XD
(I believe there’s some bleeped out swear words too but I left to go to the bathroom during that so I have no idea how bad it was lol)
@mineralizedwritings Oh yeah, definitely not XD. Especially the 5 year old. Yeah, probably. I’ll have to research some more about it before watching it, lol. Thank you for the warning! 🙂
@lightoverdarkness6 Aw I’m sorry that’s happening. I’ll pray for you! I’m sorry I missed this notification until now. Depression isn’t fun, but God can help you through it if you let him. Just take it a day at a time. I’ll try to pray for you often and I hope you get though this soon!
@lightoverdarkness6 Of course girl!! Always praying for you <3 <3
I’ll be praying for y’all!! ❤️🙏🏻
God’s always there for you. I know how it feels to be worried. (Don’t we all?) God is the greatest comfort that I’ve found. Just keep your eyes on Him. His love never fails. His faithfulness is great. Keep relying on Him. I know He’ll work mightily in your life. I’ve seen Him work in my life and others’ life.…[Read more]
@loopylin @princesachronicle22 @esther-c
Thank all of y’all so much!! I feel a lot better now. Love y’all!
❤❤❤❤
I’m so glad!! 😊❤️
Aw praying for you all! Amen to everything everyone else said! ❤