@trailblazer
Active 6 months, 3 weeks ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 758
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Plotting Help (Free of Charge!) in the forum Plotting 3 years ago
Okay, here’s my advice. Plotting works for some people, but for the rest it doesn’t. If outlining kills your creative process, then don’t worry about doing it. I think it’s a lot of just experimenting and finding out what works for you. For me, I’m more of a pantser, but I usually know a few events that are going to happen in…[Read more]
-
Brianne and
Allison are now friends 3 years ago -
hybridlore replied to the topic The Lucid Wraith in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
Hi! Saw this topic and wanted to check it out! It’s really interesting so far!
I think in the beginning, the style of the writing was kind of confusing. Overall it does give the idea of like, very choppy thoughts, sort of less established, so if that’s what you were going for, then great job. I just think that it might throw…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Welcome to Kingdom Pen, Sarah!!
I’m Esther: a volleyball-playing, violin-squeaking, dog-obsessed, homeschooled, fiction-writing, God-loving, teen girl!
I wouldn’t say I’m a Tolkien geek, but I really enjoy what I’ve read by him. I’ve watched all the movies (which I know can be quite different from the books 😉 ) but I recently finished…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Welcome to KP, Brianne!!
I’m Esther: a volleyball-playing, violin-squeaking, dog-obsessed, homeschooled, God-loving, teen girl!
I’m thirteen as well! (Well, almost fourteen.) And I’m homeschooled too! I think that there are a lot of homeschoolers on here. 😉
So cool that you’ve visited Denmark!! I would love to visit Europe…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Hi. I'm RAE in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Welcome to Kingdom Pen!!
I’m Esther: a volleyball-playing, violin-squeaking, dog-obsessed, homeschooled, fiction-writing, God-loving, teen girl!
So cool! I’m a homeschooled freshman as well!
Horses are awesome! I used to love them when I was younger, but not as much anymore. I have a friend who is really into horses and riding, so I hea…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
Actually, just kidding. She’s not 5’2’’. She’s actually 5’ 5’’
-
Esther replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
@trailblazer @mineralizedwritings @acancello @savannah_grace2009 @grcr @freedomwriter76
Ok, I’m going to add in a new character, if everyone’s okay with that. This is Amir’s love interest throughout his story.

Shirin (pronounced Shi-reen) Hedieh al Azar
(just like Amir, everyone calls her by her second name)Appearance: thick, curly, dark br…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
I use an app called Moodboard. It can be a little glitchy at times, but it works for me. I have Canva, I’ve just never used it to make moodboards before. And I find my pics by just googling stuff, like quotes and aesthetics.
-
Brianne and
TheArcaneAxiom are now friends 3 years ago -
hybridlore replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
I’ve been playing viola for one year now, but I started playing violin when I was eight, so I usually say I’ve been playing a ‘stringed instrument’ for five years.
Awesome! I actually had a different friend who switched to viola after starting on violin, too. Do you like viola better? You probably do XD What do you prefer about it?
[Read more] -
Brianne and
hybridlore are now friends 3 years ago -
Brianne and
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) are now friends 3 years ago -
Brianne and
Smiley are now friends 3 years ago -
Brianne replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Hi there! I think I would probably lean more toward the soft worldbuilding category, but I’m a pretty healthy balance of both I’d say.
As for learning languages, I don’t try learning many, but I’ve been learning Danish on and off for about a year now (I can never practice, though, so I’m not very good at all).
I’ve tried a…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ posted an update 3 years ago
@emma_mcpherson how are you?
-
Brianne replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
I copied and pasted it! Hope it works! Thanks!
-
Brianne replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Hi! I don’t know how to tag people yet, so hopefully you get this!
My favorite book series is probably The Lord of the Rings, but there are so many others.
I don’t do sports, but I do take music lessons, which I absolutely LOVE.
I try to write once a day, but Writer’s Block (bet you’ve never heard of it or experienced it 😉 is quite good at…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
So based off of the language that you were going to help me create, can you help me devise a word in Andromedan for “Mother”? That would be most appreciated, haha. I am not good at creating languages, so I’m stumped, lol.
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Plotting Help (Free of Charge!) in the forum Plotting 3 years ago
I agree, reading books has helped me so much!
I’m not sure if I know a lot about plot structure. I just try not to be cliche, have good character arcs, and attempt to make an outline. Emphasis on the word attempt, lol.
I know that there’s seven main ways to plot, like “save the cat”, “the hero’s journey”, the “three act”, and…[Read more]
- Load More
