-
Jodi Maile replied to the topic How to know if your book should be a standalone or series? in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
@joy-caroline Ooh good question! I am someone who always makes the mistake of turning books into series when they should probably just be standalones. I think one of the ways to tell is to take a look at the scope of the story: if it is big and covers a long period of time with a lot of important events taking place in that passage of time, it…[Read more]
-
Jodi Maile replied to the topic When you don't like the direction of your story… in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
@madelyn Thank you!! Honestly I think my biggest problem is turning off my inner editor, since because I listen to it, I end up adding things that I think would sound good from an editing perspective but that creatively fall flat and sound pretty boring when compared to the fun and unexpected things I’d been writing before. I’ll be sure to keep…[Read more]
-
Anatra replied to the topic Imagine Anthology in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 12 months ago
AAHHHH
YES. I bought it a couple days after it released and it gets here tomorrrrrooooowwwww!
I’m so exited.
-
Kads replied to the topic Some of my art 🙂 in the forum Art 4 years, 12 months ago
@calidris Ahh, I see. The characters sound awesome! 😀 I might just check it out then! And thank you–but that’s actually pencil! XD Glad you like it!!!
-
Kads replied to the topic Some of my art 🙂 in the forum Art 4 years, 12 months ago
I did this sketch for Inktober, but it turned out SUPER cool, so… posting it here. XD Kim Seokjin from BTS, with the prompt “suit” incorporated into the sketch! I added suits of cards as well as him wearing a literal suit lol.
-
Kads replied to the topic Some of my art 🙂 in the forum Art 4 years, 12 months ago
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic What's the strangest book you've ever read? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 12 months ago
Hmm! I’ve never read that one. I can think of many strange stories I’ve read/watched/listened to, but I think the weirdest I know are the ones I make up myself. I have far too many bizarre ideas.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Fanart (or, as my phone tried to correct it to, "Canary") in the forum Art 4 years, 12 months ago
@calidris Nice!
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic When you don't like the direction of your story… in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 12 months ago
@jodi-maile You’re welcome!
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Some of my art 🙂 in the forum Art 4 years, 12 months ago
@calidris Well, it’s nice! And I think you captured his personality well–he seems like a kindhearted character from what I can see!
@scripter-of-kingdoms I can’t see your drawing, is it there on your side?
-
Kads replied to the topic Some of my art 🙂 in the forum Art 4 years, 12 months ago
@calidris So true. And thank you so much! I think the stylization worked out quite nicely 😉 Thank you for saying that, it really made my day, haha. Also, nice drawing! Are you a Haikyuu fan? The lineart looks nice!!
-
Jodi Maile replied to the topic When you don't like the direction of your story… in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 12 months ago
@elfwing You did help! Thank you! I think the thing is that I have to probably cut some of these scenes that are bugging me…
@faith-q Haha yes let’s get some much-needed advice XD
@keilah-h That is a good solution! Thanks!
@anatra23 Yes *cries* I think that’s what I have to do, cut a bunch of new stuff that I’ve written until I get back to…[Read more]
-
Kads replied to the topic Some of my art 🙂 in the forum Art 4 years, 12 months ago
@calidris Thank you so so much!! :DDD Aw, thank you. Shading is one of my fave things to do in a drawing 😉 yeah, unfortunately. But thank you so much!! XD if the picture were any more realistic I’d swear I could hear his voice saying “hiii, I’m Sugaaa” XDDD (his stage name is suga and he always introduces himself like that LOL)
yeah!! he looks awesome!!
-
Kads replied to the topic Some of my art 🙂 in the forum Art 4 years, 12 months ago
Pretty proud of this drawing! Here’s Min Yoongi from BTS. (I seem to be drawing all the members lately XD) It actually looks considerably like him!! I’m proud of it. The colours look even better in person, though.
-
Kads replied to the topic Some of my art 🙂 in the forum Art 4 years, 12 months ago
@calidris yesss!! He’s super handsome XD it turned out lovely! <33 and what- he’s an angel? No way, that’s so cool!!!!!!! 😮 Your artwork is simply stunning.
-
Anatra replied to the topic When you don't like the direction of your story… in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 12 months ago
Ah, the all too familiar dissatisfaction. This is pain in many forms. This is the point where I would’ve given up a couple years ago XD
But since then I have been taught perseverance! So when I’ve found my idea/theme shifts and am unsatisfied with it, I usually have to go back and read it and really just delete a lot. It hurts so…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Have you ever written a story with multiple POV? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 12 months ago
@kathleenramm There was a point of view change in one of my stories–most of the story was about one character, but somewhere in the middle I had to temporarily switch it to her sister’s POV because she was the only one who witnessed an important plot point.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic When you don't like the direction of your story… in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 12 months ago
@jodi-maile I’m pretty sure that’s happened to me more than once.
What I did with one story was I copied it to another Word document (that’s what I use to type up stories) and saved the original one, then I deleted what I didn’t want from the copy and re-wrote it. So if you are writing and find you like some parts of a story but not others, make…[Read more]
-
Jodi Maile started the topic When you don't like the direction of your story… in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 12 months ago
Hello, everyone! I wanted to ask for some advice about a problem I have with a short story. Right now, I mostly do short stories, but this has been a big problem for me with novels as well.
So, here’s the problem: I’ll usually start a story with a clear idea of the direction it’s taking, the feeling I want the story to have. I’ll follow that…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Some of my art 🙂 in the forum Art 5 years ago
@calidris Misu looks really cool! Does he (or she, can’t tell) have pointy ears?
- Load More
