-
Anatra replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
Thanks for the pronunciation lesson 😀
Sadly, I have to say I don’t know much IPA… which makes it kinda hard to read English-to-Korean dictionaries. Yea… I should really learn.
Are you planning on publishing your book in the future?
@Kosha
Korean was literally designed so it could be written and spoken easily and…[Read more]
-
Anatra replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
I’ve never considered combining languages to make names, that’s cool! Tho, with my simple brain, if my OC’s had names like that, they’d be forgotten in a heartbeat 😛
-
Anatra replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
Poor Rubin ;-; will be missed.
In Korean, literally everything (almost,) is spelled solely based on the way it sounds. So, thankfully, I don’t encounter too many spelling errors of my own.
Random question, does Russian have any loan-words?BQ? I am unfamiliar with this.
Whoops, I meant college Korean text book. A big…[Read more]
-
Elanor replied to the topic The most awkward intro ever 😉 in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
Alright tell me what you think! (No you can’t.)
Is there anything you’re working on writing right now?
-
Elanor replied to the topic Hi, I’m a Christian Fantasy Writer! in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
Thats really cool that your Grandfather had a similar name!
She sounds like a great character.
Yeah, it’s funny how characters can completely change from how you originally introduced them and intended them as.
-
Elanor replied to the topic The most awkward intro ever 😉 in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
Thank you. 🙂
-
Anatra replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
Oof, Korean is hard sometimes. I think I only struggle mostly with pronouncing the vowel sounds accurately… and sentence structure… and formal tones… and… you get the picture. It’s great to learn tho!
Learning is made a lot easier, since I’ve been blessed with a tutor who’s half Korean, and can speak and read it. I was nannying…[Read more] -
Elanor replied to the topic The most awkward intro ever 😉 in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
Here it is @lorelei-writer
Like I said it’s not finished it’s missing most of its punctuation and I still have a couple of lines to add at the end which I have an idea of what they’ll be but haven’t thought them up yet xD. Tell me what you truly think. I don’t have any fellow poetry writers to tell me their opinion on my writings.
So this poem…[Read more]
-
Elanor replied to the topic The most awkward intro ever 😉 in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
I write poetry about the same things! I’d say about half of them are themed around some emotion or idea and how to push through struggles and how God is always there to help and the other half are ones of how I see God’s amazing splendor and handiwork through His creation.
I love Fall too. It’s my absolute favourite season! The b…[Read more]
-
Jodi Maile replied to the topic The most awkward intro ever 😉 in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
@lorelei-writer Ooooh that sounds great! I love the way you’ve set the two characters up to meet and help each other. Now I wanna read the whole story…thanks for sharing the description! 😁
-
Issabelle Perry and
Lorelei Angelino are now friends 4 years, 11 months ago
-
Elanor replied to the topic Hi, I’m a Christian Fantasy Writer! in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
That’s cool. Did you make up that name or find it elsewhere? What’s your book about?
Okay it was New Zealand lol
You sure can. 😁
-
Anatra replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
Fantasy sounds right. If it’s more along a realistic trail like Rangers apprentice, I suppose it might be midieval fantasy.(prolly my fave genre)
How you’ve described is pretty much how I construct my book too! Usually when I’m thinking of scenes, I kind of let them roll around in my head for a bit then slap them on some paper.…[Read more]
-
Elanor replied to the topic Hi, I’m a Christian Fantasy Writer! in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
Thanks. I read the LOTR and once Elanor the star flower appeared I decided to add it to my favourite names list. Your name is cool itself.
What is the bird in your profile picture? I recognize it from somewhere. Somehow I’m thinking it might live in Australia or New Zealand?
-
Jodi Maile replied to the topic When you don't like the direction of your story… in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
No worries! Thank you for your input, I always appreciate hearing other people’s advice about this issue, since it is something I struggle with more often than I like. With relatively small short stories, I’m fine with restarting them, since a thousand or so words is not as big of a commitment to me as a novel is. But I…[Read more]
-
Jodi Maile replied to the topic What's something you thought was necessary in writing, but actually wasn't? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 11 months ago
True, villains and antagonists don’t always need to be in a story. I’m usually writing some kind of story where they’re like, far away, so they don’t always show up in the main story (you know, like a Sauron kinda thing), so I always feel like I have to find ways to have them interact with the protagonist. But…I don’t always need…[Read more]
-
Jodi Maile replied to the topic When you don't like the direction of your story… in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
@lydia-s so sorry for the late reply! And thank you so much for your advice, I’ll definitely keep it in mind next time I’m faced with something like this. I ended up trying to rewrite it a couple times and on about the third try, I got something I really liked! So I’ve finished that short story now 😁
-
Jodi Maile replied to the topic Hi, I’m a Christian Fantasy Writer! in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
@trahia-the-minstrel Oh good, thanks! And I’m 21 😁
-
Elanor replied to the topic Dragon Lore and other things… in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
@keilah-h
Thanks. 🙂 -
Keilah H. replied to the topic Dragon Lore and other things… in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
@elanor You wanted to be on here too, so here you go!
- Load More
