@theducktator
Active 3 weeks, 3 days ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1930
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
@elishavet-pidyon yeahhh Jo doesn’t really fit him.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
GE as in Green Ember?
I have no idea. Not a lot of characters are the short, stocky, good with an axe type.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic What were your first written stories about? in the forum Topic of the Week 1 year, 6 months ago
Lolol!!
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic An Adventure Story in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Of course! I only wish I’d seen it sooner.
No worries. It’s not your fault if Kingdom Pen decided not to notify you.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
Ooh, great snippets!! 🥺
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic An Adventure Story in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Haha, says the guy talking to the lady with 16!
Nice! I only have had 9 in total.
Thanks, I got it.
Your welcome! Thank you for volunteering to read it!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Sprint Channel in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
Oh, we dissected a fetal pig (I was also out that week hehe 🤭) in Challenge 2, and my teacher thought it was so funny that we’d read Animal Farm a week before. 🤢
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Sprint Channel in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
Maybe if/when you move to Indiana, we’ll end up at a homeschool prom together. I will hopefully go to a prom next year.
That would be so cool! I could totally see that happening if we did move there. I don’t really know what we’re doing, though. My parents are also considering another state (we’re waiting to see if we can get a renta…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic An Adventure Story in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
I like it so far. I’m not super immersed in the world yet, but that’s cause I have no idea what the world is, and whether these characters are human or something else.
The only intelligent species in this world is humans. My sister wouldn’t write a book with any other intelligent species in.
A short section like the one at the beg…
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 6 months ago
@whalekeeper that’s cool. Since I usually write fanfics, I like to connect it back to something that’s already happened. If a character was, say, shot in the leg once canonically, I might have issues with that come back later (his leg might be stiffer, he might walk with a limp, maybe he even needs a prosthetic because the wound got wor…[Read more]
-
Linus Smallprint replied to the topic An Adventure Story in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Okay, I added you. Check your email, it may have went to your spam. It will be from my hotmail account (I have way too many email addresses)
-
whaley replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 6 months ago
Yeah. I have an even split of disabilities caused during the stories and before. So many of them have to do with mobility. And then I realized, ‘oh duh, I’m just writing what I know.’ XD
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 6 months ago
@whalekeeper oooh that’s always fun.
-
whaley replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 6 months ago
Or combine option A and option B so some characters die, some are permanently wounded, but they did it for a good trade, and so ultimately accept it as a win-win. I love inflicted-and-permanent disability, it’s such a useful trope. (Plus it adds some much-needed disability rep.)
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 6 months ago
@ellette-giselle But you have to leave at least one alive! Then you can have survivor guilt and mental trauma and all that jazz. And maybe, they can find hope in another book.
I still don’t get how you actually want all your favorite characters to die before the end of the book lol. Like, aren’t there any that you’d rather see live…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 6 months ago
@theducktator that last one!
I’m all of those how—
-
whaley replied to the topic Sprint Channel in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
Ah, good. I was also mildly bamboozled for a minute. XD
It is a very big book! And I don’t think we made anything too crazy in chemistry, but there were mild chemical reactions, and I dissected a pregnant shark. Maybe that’s irregular, though. Was that in Challenge 2…? 🤔
Hehehehe the teacher will never know… ὠ…
-
whaley replied to the topic Sprint Channel in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
Yeah, it was a little weird jumping in mid-year, but I’m glad I did.
Good! It can be rough jumping from one thing to another.
That seems like a given, but I don’t think I’ve ever went through an entire history of America in order—more like isolated events and time periods.
Yeah, same, up until that point. And for me, we focused more on…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Sprint Channel in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
I have a classmate who started just like that.
Oh, cool! Yeah, it was a little weird jumping in mid-year, but I’m glad I did.
History is fun! I like Challenge 4’s history best, but it was cool to learn about all the unfamiliar American events.
Yeah! I really liked that the book we used went through everything in chronological ord…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Sprint Channel in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
I’ve only done this year and the last half of Challenge 2
I have a classmate who started just like that.
I also enjoyed American history and Shakespeare (somewhat.)
History is fun! I like Challenge 4’s history best, but it was cool to learn about all the unfamiliar American events.
Unfortunately, I don’t think I’m close enough to you t…
- Load More
