-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
How is Fennin going to not die if it blows up?
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Cosmere/Brandon Sanderson in the forum Book Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Yeah it seems that the dawnshards are nearly, or possibly completely, useless on their own. It also seems to be implied that they could be used to supercharge invested arts somehow.
We know that they were used to shatter Adonalsium in the first place, but since they seem to do nothing without investiture, they must have also used…[Read more]
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Magic Systems!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Just looking at Fusion, destruction, amplification, and dynamism, I feel like there’s much potential interaction. I think there’s a whole lot of interesting you could do mechanically. Using destruction to precisely carve any kind of shape out of any kind of substance is nice, and that in tandem with pure fusion, connecting obj…
-
PrincesaChronicle22 replied to the topic Stormlight Archive in the forum Book Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Yeah, the sleepless are interesting. That reminds me: I was surprised to see a sleepless in Edgedancer. That was one of the few things that surprised me.
I liked how he continued the trend of Lopen accidentally swearing his oaths after the action is over XD.
Yeah 😂
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
You can
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
That does make sense! Alright, jungle dragon, bring it on!
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Ello! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 9 months ago
Greetings! I’m Jonas. I write fantasy. I am something of a gamer myself, but I’ve never really played Halo. I’m also an amateur video game designer, but I haven’t done any of that in a while.
I’m not good at asking questions as is tradition, so I’m gonna leave that to others. 🙂
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
So what happens now? Dennin has the stone, but the jungle dragon is still alive.
-
Allison posted an update 2 years, 9 months ago
And I’m back…. I dont want to work on my novel XD
-
Allison replied to the topic Howdy! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 9 months ago
Hi! I’m Acancello, also known as Allison! I am homeschooled and in 10th grade. I love dogs, traveling, acting, trying weird food, writing, reading, talking and a lot more 😁! I am writing a dystopian and post-apocalyptic thriller novel now. I’m so glad you could come to Kingdom Pen! Alright, now I’ll ask you some hopefully not alrea…[Read more]
-
Allison replied to the topic Ello! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 9 months ago
Hi! Yay! Another gamer!! I loooove Halo (and portal, have you played portal?) Anyway, I’m Acancello, also known as Allison! I am homeschooled and in 10th grade. I love dogs, traveling, acting, trying weird food, writing, reading, talking and a lot more 😁! I am writing a dystopian and post-apocalyptic thriller novel now. I’m so glad…[Read more]
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Ellis
Ellis scrambled to his feet and grabbed the green stone off of the ground as Nahim tried to restrain Zash.
Ellus hesitated, not wanting to leave Nahim to fight alone, but then turned and ran. He had to get the stone to Fennin.
Zash
Zash managed to get some of his knives under the armored warrior pinning him down. With a heave, the…[Read more]
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Howdy! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 9 months ago
Hello! I’m Jonas. Nice to meet you!
I write fantasy, especially creating magic systems, and I am working on a shared fantasy universe with my sister, @highscribeofaetherium.
I’m bad at asking questions, so I’ll leave it to others 🙂
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Ellis
As Ellis was running forward, the stone came flying towards him, knocked away by Kate.
He lunged for it as it flew by. His fingers grazed it, interrupting its flight, but failed to catch it. Ellis hit the ground and rolled towards where it landed.
Just then, something crashed into him. It was Zash again. How could he recover from a st…[Read more]
-
Cloaked Mystery posted an update 2 years, 9 months ago
Am I crazy or were we just at 911 members? It now says 921. Where did the extra 10 come from?
-
We do have one new member, but I remember before Raegan joined that it was 911 and never added her onto the count, so I’m guessing Wyoh has frozen it at 911 until now?
-
Hmm… I guess that’s possible.
-
She’s busy, my notifs are not working at all.
-
Okay, they are, but I JUST got the notif about you replying rn, and it happened SEVENTEEN minutes ago!
-
@rae
I think you must have offended Wyoh in some way. Because she leaves me alone for the most part XD -
@savannah_grace2009 But I’ve done nothing but introduce people to her!
-
@rae
Maybe she doesn’t WANT people to know who she is. Maybe she wants to be a vapor in the wind, unknown and feared. -
I agree the fear of the unknown is powerful, but in Wyoh’s case, she doesn’t get credit unless ppl know about her.
-
-
@rae
Or maybe she hates horses, and because she knows YOU love horses, then she’s targeting you. Of course, then she’d be targeting me….hmm….XD-
Wyoh, I bet you’ve never been cantering on a crispy fall day along a trail! If you had you’d like horses!
-
Exactly!!! Wyoh, you should listen to Rae.
-
-
-
-
-
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Cosmere/Brandon Sanderson in the forum Book Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
@thearcaneaxiom @princesachronicle22
This is my full dawnshards theory, if you’re interested. So, between Dawnshard (the book), Oathbringer, and Mistborn Secret History, I’m pretty sure I’ve figured out what three of the dawnshards are: Change, Unite, and Survive. (And I’ll note that other people came up with this before me, but there is a surpr…[Read more]
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Magic Systems!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
No problem! I did post a lot of stuff here!
The main thing is do you think there is anything particular overpowered in this magic system? I don’t think any of the individual powers are particularly OP, and nobody can have more than one, but by having people team up, there might be some OP effects that could be achieved.
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Stormlight Archive in the forum Book Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Yeah, the sleepless are interesting. That reminds me: I was surprised to see a sleepless in Edgedancer. That was one of the few things that surprised me.
I liked how he continued the trend of Lopen accidentally swearing his oaths after the action is over XD.
-
PrincesaChronicle22 replied to the topic Stormlight Archive in the forum Book Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Yeah those theories definitely make sense!
I agree on the fact that the Dawnshard was the most interesting aspect. I also thought it was interesting seeing how the Sleepless communicated, and more of what their goals are.
The rest was more simply entertaining in the Lopen-is-great sense
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Stormlight Archive in the forum Book Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I had mostly similar thoughts about Dawnshard. It was more enjoyable, than Edgedancer, for me, because the events weren’t things that I had already figured out based on later books. As I said before, I didn’t avoid spoilers for this book, so there was nothing shocking. The information about dawnshards is what interests me mos…[Read more]
- Load More
