@starshiness
Active 2 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 174
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic What's a question??? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
(First, C. S. Lewis is just awesome in general. Great writer, and maybe an even better apologist. And as for chess, I’d love to play you once I’m done with lunch.)
Do you use chess.com or something else?
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic What's a question??? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
(That actually makes a lot of sense. It makes me think of the questions like, “What can’t God do?” The answers are always something like, he can’t make a square circle, or a married bachelor. He can’t sin. I’ve always enjoyed thinking about the questions like that, even though I know the answers for a fact. But yes, there are…[Read more]
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic What's a question??? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
Or maybe, does math exist necessarily because God exists?
(Just thought of that lol)
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic What's a question??? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
(Yes! I have a long way to go on figuring out how to make math work in my books, but I’m working on it.)
Was math there before God, or did God create math? Is it possible for anything for anything to exist without math? But at the same time, could anything exist without God?
-
Janellebelovedpig replied to the topic To my fellow writers in the faith, greetings in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 7 months ago
Thanks for the welcome! I love KP so far!
In answer to your questions, I am one who doesn’t play sports so much. But I do love crafting dolls. It’s like creating 3-D characters.
I like different parts of all the seasons, new flowers coming back in Spring, the heat of Summer, the kaleidescope of fall colored trees, and the ways I…[Read more]
-
Allison started the topic Motivation!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
Hi! I have lately been becoming less and less motivated writing my book. I realize it is probably because I keep comparing my book to other famous authors. So this chat can be for anybody who needs a cheerful word or some motivation writing! Here’s a few bits of advice I made up…
“You cant write a book overnight”- I constantly have to keep…[Read more]
-
Janellebelovedpig replied to the topic To my fellow writers in the faith, greetings in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 7 months ago
How many siblings do you have?
In answer to your questions,
I think my favorite genre(s) to write are devotionals and real life stories. I also like adventure/quest stories in a variety of settings.
Favorite(s) of a genre to read would be Christian family adventures, like the modern day Peabody series or sci-fi Quest…[Read more]
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic What's a question??? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
Just free time study. The stuff we were doing in school was getting repetitive so I decided to read a book about more interesting math. I read a couple books, but the only one I can remember the name of is Fractals by Jason Lisle. I’ve been meaning to read through that again.
Anyway, yes, I have some background on it. Tell ya…[Read more]
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic What's a question??? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
I’m a little rusty, but I think I still do for the most part.
-
Esther replied to the topic Hey, Writers! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 7 months ago
@lightwarriorpen
Beluga Whales. They’re so playful.
Adorable!! I love dogs, obviously. 😜 Cuz a lot of them are super cute and just, well, awesome! XD
My favorite part is that I can do basically whatever I want. There’s hardly any rules (though sometimes that drives me nuts)
Cool! When I do write fantasy, I like it because I get to create a who…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
BAHAHAH that dragon be like “Oh, I can get you outta here. AND INTO MA BELLY XD XD”
For real!! XD XD
Ev: *awkwardly running down the hall with his arm wrapped around Will’s shoulder* We never breathe a word of this to anyone. Especially Ami.
Will: Agreed.
*dies of laughter*
-
Esther replied to the topic What's a question??? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
And if you ask for coal for Christmas, but your naughty, does Santa give you coal?
Does Santa actually exist?
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic What's a question??? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
(It blows the mind lol. I’ve been reading a lot about the Mandelbrot set, and it’s crazy how it just continues on forever!)
-
Esther replied to the topic What's a question??? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
If a question sentence is the question, what is it asking other than the question it is asking? Are prepositions the key to showing the broken logic of questions. Is the self referential question: ‘ “is false of itself?” is false of itself? ‘ a question where questions should never dare to go? Was that, as a question that had a q…
-
Esther replied to the topic What's a question??? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
@thearcaneaxiom @godlyfantasy12 @lightoverdarkness6
(I am back)
(We need to the keep the parentheses and questions rule! 😂) (Optional is Yoda voice, though fun it is. 😁)
(Now to answer some ridiculous questions. *evil laugh*)
Did @esther-c already break the only questions rule unless in parentheses already?
(Maybe… In my defense, I did not s…[Read more]
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic What's a question??? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
(Me trying to imagine why God would put us in a paradox, and then realizing that I thought that through way to far🤣😅)
Can you daydream at night? How do you handcuff a one-armed man? How far east can you go before you’re really going west? If the sky is the limit, is space over the limit? And if you try to fail, and then succeed,…[Read more]
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 7 months ago
Sounds awesome!
-
Esther replied to the topic What's a question??? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
If you really really want to say something that’s not a question, do you think that maybe we should put that in parentheses? (Like this, statement statement, statement this, statement that.)????
For our sanity and clarity: probably. 😂
-
Esther replied to the topic What's a question??? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 7 months ago
*blinks*
Is this ridiculously unnecessary but totally worth it anyway??
Am I going to ponder the answer to these questions for the rest of the day and probably the whole week?? (Or month…? Or year…?)
Yes and most likely.
Will I return?
Do you think we should only be allowed to speak through questions here?
Oh yes 😏
Or lik…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic To my fellow writers in the faith, greetings in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 7 months ago
@janellebelovedpig Oh, forgot to say, I’m homeschooled too!
- Load More
