@starshiness
Active 2 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 174
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
@freedomwriter76 Ooh, Adolphus and Dietrich!
Y’know, I like them a lot better now that they have redemption arcs! They’re awesome! (And the fact that he sacrifices himself……Ahhhh I love it and hate it all at once!!)
(I like redemption stories maybe a bit TOO much.)
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
@mineralizedwritings Oh that’s horrible! My family will be praying.
-
Esther replied to the topic Our Favorite Characters (Of Our WIPs and Each Others!) Forum! in the forum Characters 3 years, 6 months ago
And yes, Lukas is also artistic. 😊
-
Esther replied to the topic Our Favorite Characters (Of Our WIPs and Each Others!) Forum! in the forum Characters 3 years, 6 months ago

-
Esther replied to the topic Our Favorite Characters (Of Our WIPs and Each Others!) Forum! in the forum Characters 3 years, 6 months ago

-
Esther replied to the topic Our Favorite Characters (Of Our WIPs and Each Others!) Forum! in the forum Characters 3 years, 6 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 @freedomwriter76 @loopylin @joy-calle @gwyndalf-the-wise @thearcaneaxiom @lightoverdarkness6 @princesachronicle22 @whalekeeper @felicity
I CANNOT forget my two precious charries!! Lukas Barlowe and Brody. (I don’t know if he has a last name. XD) These two are my other favorite charries cuz they’re my cinnamon rolls! 😍
Lukas Bar…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
I’ll keep you in my prayers!! 🙏🏻 ❤️ Just keep praying about it as me and the other lovely folks on KP will be. Matthew 18:19 says, “Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.” I have witnessed the fulfillment of this promise in my ow…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic The long and tedious character naming process… in the forum Characters 3 years, 6 months ago
Ah… character naming… every writer’s struggle. 🤣
You’ve already got some good ideas. I really like Light’s suggestion of Donovan, since it is more common. Her suggestion of Devlin I thought was cool as well. But if you’re going for more fantasy like, then I really like either Devlin or Bronson. Gwyndalf’s suggestion of Kedrin sou…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic What's a question??? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
(You made some great points as well! 🙂 I enjoyed hearing someone else’s viewpoint on the subject.)
I once again emphasize your final point that we are brothers and sisters, and we all must love one another, and keep facing towards Him!
(Exactly! 😄)
-
Esther replied to the topic Our Favorite Characters (Of Our WIPs and Each Others!) Forum! in the forum Characters 3 years, 6 months ago
I like Skyler. or was it spelled Skylar? Also Derek. KIDDING And I know I liked another one but I’m going blank right now.
(It’s spelled with like “Skylar.” With some of the charries in my trilogy, I just tweaked the spelling of normal names. XD For example, Ruben, Adalynn, Fynn, Skylar, Malyk, and Lukas. XD That’s over half…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Our Favorite Characters (Of Our WIPs and Each Others!) Forum! in the forum Characters 3 years, 6 months ago
You mean Fin!?!?!?!? 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍
YES!!! I love him so much!!! 🥰🥰
EV!!! I luv him! He’s hilarious 🤣🤣🤣
Yes!! He’s pretty cool!! 😎
Luca is probably my favorite. He’s so sweet!! (And I only remember a few of your other charries. 😬😂)
Jonathan! 😄 I haven’t heard a ton about him, but fro…[Read more]
-
Euodia replied to the topic The long and tedious character naming process… in the forum Characters 3 years, 6 months ago
Ooooh, that is an interesting idea! I shall do some research… At the moment I’m going for real-world roots, but I’m open to meaning within my world!
-
Euodia replied to the topic The long and tedious character naming process… in the forum Characters 3 years, 6 months ago
Thanks!
Oh cool! Wait, so how did you end up finding the name? 😂 Oooo, I like those! As I’ve been going through name options I’ve been trying to figure out which names feel like they’d ‘fit’ in a fantasy story. I mean, any name could be in a fantasy story but then like, Dwayne (which means ‘dark one’) doesn’t fit? Ya know? 😂…[Read more]
-
Euodia replied to the topic The long and tedious character naming process… in the forum Characters 3 years, 6 months ago
Haha yesss! Okay, I shall try to do that today… I already have an entire playlist for him but he still lacks an official name. 😂
-
Euodia replied to the topic The long and tedious character naming process… in the forum Characters 3 years, 6 months ago
Ugh yes they are. There’s a meme that talks about naming characters and it has the author say “I’m going to make this way more complicated than it needs to be” and it’s SO true. 😂
Oooo thanks! Erebus was one I was considering… it’s weird cause I have this picture in my mind of what he looks like and with each name I’m trying…[Read more]
-
Euodia started the topic The long and tedious character naming process… in the forum Characters 3 years, 6 months ago
Hey guys! I know I’m remotely new and none of you really know much after my current WIP, buuuuut I need some help. XD I’m trying to name my villain who’s going to have a redemption arc at the end. Light and darkness is a huge theme in the story, and the fight between the two is clearly played out in him. I’m being very matter-of-fact with his…[Read more]
-
LandriC replied to the topic What makes a character meaningful? in the forum Characters 3 years, 6 months ago
Hey there 😉
I just released my WIP to a select group of friends, and they have given me a lot of feedback about what they like to see in characters, so maybe some of this will be helpful…
- Characters that break stereotypes. (Example–my friend LOVED a character who I totally did not expect to be well-liked. He’s a…
-
LandriC replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 6 months ago
I like novellas too! I’ve finished two novellas and a novel, so I’m not exactly sure which are my favorite.
I think you have good sense on the sequel debate. I, for one, love sequels, but I really hate BAD sequels, if you know what I mean. Sometimes, you’ve really said everything you need to say about certain characters, and the…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
@freedomwriter76 Lol….
Learning how a phone works at all would be interesting.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
@loopylin Considering you pulled out your charries, are you in the group with me and theloonyone anymore?
Speaking of which…
@theloonyone catch my latest RP? It’s your turn……
- Load More
