@spradlin
Active 8 years, 6 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 189
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Another Cobalt Scene in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 8 months ago
Haaaaaaaaaa… that’s good. I like that. And I think I know what he looks like now, though I’m guessing he’s generally not quite that ragged. 😉 Thanks so much @writefury!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Dystopian Time Travel Story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
Well @Daeus, if you feel confident you can pull it off well, go for it. Too often I’ve heard an idea and absolutely freaked out because I didn’t think I could do it well, then realized that whoever it was that was doing it pulled it off perfectly.
I guess I’m no fit standard for other peoples’ skills. Hm… that’s a good thing actually. 😛
And…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Series Title in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
Hm… well, Narratives of Light is a little dry. Chronicles of Light is good… maybe a tad bit too… ehhhh, what’s the word… too… well, the length of ‘Chronicles’ kinda swallows up the monosyllabic structure of ‘Light’. Just my picky and totally ignorable opinion. 😛
Aaaand Fables of Light sounds like you’re trying to say ‘Light is a…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Escape scene critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 8 months ago
Okay, so more Cobalt for those of you who enjoyed that before.
Count me in that number. 😛
And the only things I had questions about was what @hope pointed out— what happened to the other bad guy and why didn’t the bad guys notice the policeman.
Otherwise, I loved it as I always do. Question that has nothing to do with the quality of the…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Series Title in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
I like Legends of Light…the downside is that the initials are LOL. Not that that has to be a problem, but still… 😉
So I thought I could do something like the Legends of Light Saga though that gets a bit long. My Dad suggested I look up other words for story and here are a few series titles I came up with. Any favorites?
Narratives of…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Escape scene critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 8 months ago
One question, why didn’t the bad guys notice the policeman? And what happens to the second bad guy who should be watching Cobalt? Wait, that was two questions… 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Dystopian Time Travel Story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
Yikes @Daeus! A dystopian time travel historical revisionist fictional novel! Are you sure you didn’t bite off more than you can chew? 😉
*puts on ‘wet-blanket’ (more commonly known as ‘Eeyore’) expression* If I was writing this book (which you’ll notice I’m not) but if I was writing this book, I would stick with either the time-travel genre or…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Input on my logo please in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
Hm… I’m going to say go with #1. I would also advise a simpler font if this is going to be shrunken (glances around nervously for @The-Happy-Bookaholic) heh-heh… shrinked? Nope. It’s shrunken.
Anyway, if the font is going to be shrunken, I would suggest a little more simplicity, but it’s not overly important. Love the heron, by the way. That…[Read more] -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Input on my logo please in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
I like number 1…it’s really close between 1 and 4, but I think I like the slightly bolder lines of 1. It wouldn’t hurt for the font to be a little bolder and Tessa’s right…the e is missing in Lakeside. 🙂 But both Lakeside Publishing and Lakeside Publication sound cool. Though if you have ‘publishing’ then you get the cool twist with the final…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Input on my logo please in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
@ivy-rose – I agree with Daeus. I like number four too. You said that your website is “Lakeside” Publications but the logo has “Lakside.” Is that meant?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Dystopian Time Travel Story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus… ooh, different character types. I love this discussion. I’m in my element. You mentioned a jester, and set my mind on *splutter, choke, gasp* excuse me, I mean got my thinker chugging.
What if the jester was a gloomy pessimist?
And the minstrel— what if he were a cheery, happy-go-lucky, glass-is-always-half-full type? And he and the…[Read more] -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Kindle Publishing in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@dbhgodreigns I have one quick question. I know, on kindle, there is a place for codes which people can put in to get a book on sale. Can one set up a code so that anyone with said code can get the book for free? Or is the lowest price for that $0.99 as well?
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Dystopian Time Travel Story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
I agree with @Kate-Flournoy about the bad guy pretending he has all kinds of power to take over. Have you ever read A Connecticut Yankee in King Aurther’s Court by Mark Twain? You really should if you haven’t…it might give you some ideas (and besides, I love the story). In there, the MC is knocked from the 1800s (I think) into Aurtherian times.…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic An Author's Advice in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
How to strike a balance between nobility and humanity— that’s the only thing I really struggle with.
And yes, for my favorite author:Wow! I didn’t know you were still alive. What lotion did you use to extend your years?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Dystopian Time Travel Story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
I don’t make a habit of talking to people through cabinet doors, @Daeus. 😛
What other character positions do you need filled in? Are there any positions you specifically want to fill right now? ‘Cause I work better if I know what I’m working with. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Little Problem Here in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
Wow. How. Do. You. Keep. All. Those. Numbers. Straight.
But this is going in my ideas file for sure. I honestly didn’t think about it as a product… but you’re right, I could use it that way.
And just the word ‘painting’ in connection with this poem has set my mind on fire. ‘A painting’ may not suffice— I’ve got ten ideas already. 😛And…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Dystopian Time Travel Story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
I would go for the king, terrify him to death with my ‘magical powers’ and start from there. Hey, I would make a pretty good mad scientist. 😉
Another thing I’m thinking about the MC (he sounds absolutely stunning, by the way) is that maybe some of the way he destroyed the dictator has to do with something he stole out of the time machine. (Being…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Dystopian Time Travel Story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
Ooh… oh boy. I volunteer for beta reading already. I’ve gotta run right now, so I’ll let this stew in my mind for a while, but believe me I will be getting back to you as soon as I can. Which will probably be sometime tomorrow. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Help with Romance in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
Hm…
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Help with Romance in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 8 months ago
You might be. 😉
- Load More
