An Author's Advice

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions An Author's Advice

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Rolena Hatfield
    @rolena-hatfield
      • Total Posts: 405

As you’re sitting on your couch one Tuesday afternoon, sipping your all time favorite beverage, your phone rings. You lift the cellular device to your ear and answer with a sleepy hello. A chipper voice replies informing you that you’ve been picked at random as the winner of the “Ask Your Author” contest. She gives you the email address to your most favoritest author and tells you to submit your question to them by tomorrow midnight. As you hang up, awestruck by this wonderful opportunity, you realize the importance of your task. Submit one question, just one. And you only have till midnight tomorrow to figure out what your one question should be.

What would you ask?

https://rolenahatfield.com/

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

Wow! I didn’t know you were still alive. What lotion did you use to extend your years?

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Rosey Mucklestone
        @writefury
          • Total Posts: 467

Can we meet at a writer’s conference or something so I can ask more questions?

Eh… that’s a bit of a gamble. 😛

Ivy Rose
          @ivy-rose
            • Total Posts: 102

Nice question! Believe it or not, I actually got to ask this of one of my favorite authors (the one who was actually born in the last century… 🙂 )

I asked what he would have done differently when he went to publish his first book. He told me that he wouldn’t have submitted his book to a publishing house. He said he wished he knew about self publishing, because that’s what he would have done from the beginning.

@Rolena what would you ask?

Kate Flournoy
            @kate-flournoy
              • Total Posts: 3976

How to strike a balance between nobility and humanity— that’s the only thing I really struggle with.
              And yes, for my favorite author:

Wow! I didn’t know you were still alive. What lotion did you use to extend your years?

Rolena Hatfield
              @rolena-hatfield
                • Total Posts: 405

Opps! I should have mentioned that you’re allowed to use a time machine!
                Otherwise, that’s some mighty powerful lotion! (At last, someone reveals the great secret usage of coconut, clam powder rub :))

Ummmmm…. what to ask???

“What’s the greatest thing you’ve learned as a writer?”

https://rolenahatfield.com/

BlueJay
                @bluejay
                  • Total Posts: 1622

I would ask my favourite author “how does she come up with such exciting and wonderful ideas to write about?”

Daeus
                  @daeus
                    • Total Posts: 4238

To be serious for once, I would probably ask him what he thinks my biggest writing flaw is and how he would fix it.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  >