Series Title

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Hope Ann
    @hope
      • Total Posts: 1092

I am writing a series of nine novellas; they are all retellings of fairy tales, but with an allegorical twist, each one portraying one of the Fruits of the Spirit (with a larger allegorical thread of the coming and sacrifice of the one true Prince running through all nine stories). Anyway, I’m trying to come up with a good title and was wondering if any of you had ideas.

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Kate Flournoy
      @kate-flournoy
        • Total Posts: 3976

Hm… I’ll have to think on that one. 😛 I’ll let you know if I come up with anything especially brilliant. 😉

Kate Flournoy
        @kate-flournoy

Here’s a quick idea—don’t know if it has any merit, but it struck me all of a sudden.

Legends of Light.

BlueJay
          @bluejay
            • Total Posts: 1622

Fruits of the Fairies??? :s

Hope Ann
            @hope

Legends of Light could work… 🙂

Rosey Mucklestone
              @writefury
                • Total Posts: 467

There was one book sort of going along that same concept I read called “The Quest for the Seven Castles”, except that one was going along traits mentioned in 2 Peter, I believe. Are you acknowledging within the story that the traits are connected, or is it more subtle?

Hope Ann
                @hope

@writefury I’ve never read ‘The Quest for the Seven Castles’…is it good? In my series, each story deals with a separate and how it’s connected back to the Prince (love because of the prince, have inner peace because of trusting Him, etc.) They aren’t connected directly with each other. The theme which does run though the novellas is the Gospel story (in a vague, allegorical way). There is war between the Prince and the enemy in the background of the first book. In the second book the Prince will sacrifice Himself for his people (which will also be part of the climax of the story). The next stories take place in a ‘modern/after the Prince has returned to His Father’ sort of setting. I may have the Prince return in the very last story, but I’m not sure about that yet.

Kate Flournoy
                  @kate-flournoy

Hm… maybe ‘Seekers of Truth’… assuming there are people in the story who are actually seeking to find the answers.
                    Is there an overall theme for the series? Is it God’s existence, God’s grace, God’s love, God’s mercy, man’s relationship with God? I find it’s usually much easier to think of a title when I know the theme and am pulling the title from there.

Rosey Mucklestone
                    @writefury

@hope it’s pretty good. Really allegorical/pilgrim’s progress sort of thing. Sir Faithful. The Castle of (fill in the positive attribute blank). In that, they’re outrightly having the different qualities be named and sought out things. Sounds like you’re having it a bit more subtle than that, though. 😛 You could still allude to it in the titles. The nine treasures/truths… I don’t know. Something along those lines. 😉

Daeus
                      @daeus
                        • Total Posts: 4238

How about “Truth walks in the meadow”

I might be the only one who will ever like that though.

Series titles are part of your meta-data for Amazon so you might want to begin your quest for a good title by looking for good keywords and phrases that you could use. I mean, let’s be honest, which is better? A great series title that sells you more books, or a great series title that you like but doesn’t move any copies for you?

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Hope Ann
                        @hope

I like Legends of Light…the downside is that the initials are LOL. Not that that has to be a problem, but still… 😉

So I thought I could do something like the Legends of Light Saga though that gets a bit long. My Dad suggested I look up other words for story and here are a few series titles I came up with. Any favorites?

Narratives of Light

Chronicles of Light

Fables of Light

Kate Flournoy
                          @kate-flournoy

Hm… well, Narratives of Light is a little dry. Chronicles of Light is good… maybe a tad bit too… ehhhh, what’s the word… too… well, the length of ‘Chronicles’ kinda swallows up the monosyllabic structure of ‘Light’. Just my picky and totally ignorable opinion. 😛

Aaaand Fables of Light sounds like you’re trying to say ‘Light is a Fable’. *shows teeth ingratiatingly, gives apologetic shrug* Sorry.

Okay. Not sorry.

But you’re the boss…

Rosey Mucklestone
                            @writefury

While we’re playing with the Thesaurus…
                              Tales of Light
                              Sagas of Light
                              Yarns of Light
                              Memoirs of Light
                              Epics of Light
                              Narrations of LIght

Yeah, don’t take me to seriously here. 😛 Though the first one wasn’t bad….

Hope Ann
                              @hope

I like Sagas of Light and Epics of Light, but I’m afraid my novellas aren’t really long enough to qualify…

I might just stick with Legends of Light because that’s stayed my favorite so far.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              >