Input on my logo please

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Critiques Novel Idea Critiques Input on my logo please

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Ivy Rose
    @ivy-rose
      • Total Posts: 102

I just received the logo mock-ups from my designer. *Squee!!* But I need your help! I don’t know which is best or what exactly I need to tell the designer to change.

If you could answer these questions, I would greatly appreciate it! (And any other advice you might have!)

1. Which is your favorite? (Look closely…there are subtle differences.)

2. Do you think the font should be less curly-cue? More bold, perhaps? (Keep in mind that this logo is going to be far smaller on the cover of a book than it is here.)

3. My website is LakesidePublications.com. The designer made a mistake and put Publishing instead of Publications. Which one do you think is better? (I can change the websiste)

LP logo mockup

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

@ivy-rose My personal favorite is number 4. I do think you should see if your designer can make the font a little bolder, but I think the basic font is fine. I also think I would prefer Lakeside Publications.

I would recommend you see if you can get a version of the logo with just the herring and reeds, since that would be better for the side of a book. Also, when you have your final logo designs down, see if your designer can send you both black and white versions, white for dark backgrounds and black for bright ones.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

BlueJay
        @bluejay
          • Total Posts: 1622

@ivy-rose – I agree with Daeus. I like number four too. You said that your website is “Lakeside” Publications but the logo has “Lakside.” Is that meant?

Hope Ann
          @hope
            • Total Posts: 1092

I like number 1…it’s really close between 1 and 4, but I think I like the slightly bolder lines of 1. It wouldn’t hurt for the font to be a little bolder and Tessa’s right…the e is missing in Lakeside. 🙂 But both Lakeside Publishing and Lakeside Publication sound cool. Though if you have ‘publishing’ then you get the cool twist with the final g with the font which looks neater than a simple n.

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Ivy Rose
            @ivy-rose

@Daeus thank you! I do like the font, but the lines are so thin even at this substantially blown up size.

@Bluejay
              EEEK!!! I didn’t even see the missing E! Thank you!!!! 🙂

@Hope
              I do really like the fancy Y at the end of Publishing, but I like the sound of Publications better. Maybe he can do a fancy S or something. 🙂

Do you all think the lines of number 1 and 4 of the heron will be bold enough when it is shrunk to thumbnail size?

Daeus
              @daeus
                • Total Posts: 4238

Hmm, yeah, make everything more bold. “Be bold!” there you go.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Kate Flournoy
                @kate-flournoy
                  • Total Posts: 3976

Hm… I’m going to say go with #1. I would also advise a simpler font if this is going to be shrunken (glances around nervously for @The-Happy-Bookaholic) heh-heh… shrinked? Nope. It’s shrunken.
                  Anyway, if the font is going to be shrunken, I would suggest a little more simplicity, but it’s not overly important. Love the heron, by the way. That could become really iconic. But then I guess that’s kinda the point, isn’t it? 😛

Sarah Hoven
                  @sarah-h
                    • Total Posts: 669

Personally, I like the head of the #4 heron, and the body of the #1 heron. If I had to pick one, though, I would probably pick #1.

The Happy Bookaholic
                    @the-happy-bookaholic
                      • Total Posts: 61

Yes hello @kate-flournoy I heard my name?

Oh, that. Yeah, you’re right although the passive voice you’re using there doesn’t sound very nice. “If you’re going to shrink the font” is so much more understandable.

Grammar lesson aside…I like Number One. Numero Uno for a Singaporean trying to learn Spanish, but that’s a side note. But I really love the lines in everything though!!

Rosey Mucklestone
                      @writefury
                        • Total Posts: 467

I like #4 personally. It’s the clearest that what we’re looking at is a heron. 😉
                        And of course, add the E.

Ivy Rose
                        @ivy-rose

Thanks for the ideas, everyone! I’ve sent a list of revisions to my designer. 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        >