-
Esther replied to the topic What is the cringiest thing you've ever written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I’m actually hoping to one day revamp the story, change up a few things, and rewrite it. It has a lot of potential from what I’ve previously written, it just needs a little help. XD
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Thanks! Yeah, I know. So many new possibilities for the plot… 😈
😂😂
Thank ya!
Oh no, you’re fine. I don’t know if there is much more to say. 😂
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Thanks for the input, I’m still trying to figure out how I’m going to introduce everyone without info dumping
It’s a struggle
Yesss, I understand. It’s so hardddd 😭 But you’ll get better at it the more you keep writing. Like, I read a ton of stuff about writing and I watch a lot of videos about it, but I don’t really get better unti…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Howdy! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 9 months ago
Welcome to Kingdom Pen, Marie!! I’m Esther: a volleyball-playing, violin-squeaking, dog-obsessed, homeschooled, fiction-writing, God-loving, teen girl! I’ve written fantasy and dystopian, but I have ideas for books in the genres of historical fiction and contemporary.
Time for questions!
1. Since you’re a semi-avid reader, 😉 , wha…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Oh I love it!! Totally gonna be participating! This is gonna stretch me a bit, but it’ll be fun. 😏
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
My taste of worldly romance is that “if the guy is handsome, go out for an expensive date, if you still like him it’s love.” My personal expierance with a crush is, “he’s so much better than me, he’s such an angel. He follows God better than me. My heart starts racing when I see him. When he says my name, it skips a beat and I almost forget to…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Yeah, I prefer historical or contemporary fiction, but it’s so hard to find books in those genres that aren’t filled with romance. Historical fiction is a little easier than contemporary, just because there are historical events to focus on, and I feel like contemporary struggles to find other things to focus on.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Apologetics in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 2 years, 9 months ago
What are ontological arguments?
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Chase Duke
“No. I never pay attention to streets. I only memorize my visual.”
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Howdy! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 9 months ago
Welcome to KP! I’m Janessa, known around here as Trailblazer! I write a lot of contemporary or historical fiction, sometimes mystery as well. I’ve also done some journalism, but not so much recently. I enjoy photography as well, and I love hiking and anything mountains!
In continuity with the previous posts on this page, I also…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Ello! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 9 months ago
Welcome! I’m known around here as Trailblazer, and I write mostly contemporary/historical fiction, as well as a little bit of mystery if I’m in the mood. I also enjoy photography!
I see you’ve already been asked a number of questions and I can’t think of anything else right now. Nice to meet you!
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I know, I don’t belong here. Throw me out if you wish 🙂
But is it? 🤨 I can still be skeptical
Okay, I have a problem of not drinking enough too, and I also get low blood sugar dips.
I was diagnosed with both Lhymes and Legionella this year, and my tick disease doctor told me every visit to “drink more water.” When I had blood…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
@mineralizedwritings @whalekeeper
Sorry for butting into your conversation again! I feel this so much though…
I like romances that emphasize the friendships more, and show attraction based on complementing character traits, less of the physical stuff. Ok, let me rant for a minute 😂 I can never find a clean and well written book. LIKE…
-
Ruth posted an update 2 years, 9 months ago
@jonas-hanley hey. I noticed you seem to be new. Do you need directions on how to create a intro topic, or are you good?
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
in the fo
Chase Duke
Chase shivered at a picture of Narsa Jeptune jumping him from the shadows of one of his hideaways.
“Where else is dark in a city? Where else does evil thrive? Where else can someone be taken by surprise? I’ve almost died too many times in an alley not to be suspicious. He was angry, at me. He was ups…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Ello! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 9 months ago
(btw, can I call you Macguffin instead of Mcmuffin?)
I have so many, but here is one that I can think of… one of my characters uses compressed gas that orbits around him, as a way to take out his enemies.
Ok, cool! So does it function sort of like an non-solid sword?
No, it is not unfair. Â (In my opinion)
Alright, fair enough!
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Cosmere/Brandon Sanderson in the forum Book Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Ok, that makes sense
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
The post I deleted is still in your “mentions” is it too close to the truth too soon? I mean, I was going to say that before I read about Marcel, but I just don’t know if you think it’s okay.
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Cosmere/Brandon Sanderson in the forum Book Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Ohhhh, interesting, but makes a whole lot of sense. I would assume that I’ve seen that by now, but I don’t know. I’m in the middle of Warbreaker, going to read Rhythm, then Lost Metal, then Sunlit, then I will have finished the Comsere, so if it’s in any of those, it’s probably the first two. Didn’t Hoid give Kelsier a good beating? Unless…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
That’s funny, I feel guilty that my rp’s often aren’t too long on here!
Chase Duke
Chase shivered at a picture of Narsa Jeptune jumping him from the shadows of one of his hideaways.
“Where else is dark in a city? Where else does evil thrive? Where else can someone be taken by surprise? I’ve almost died too many times in an alley…[Read more]
- Load More
