-
Allison replied to the topic How many stories/books have you written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
Oh! And some of my favorite genres include Dystopian, post-apocalyptic, thrillers and mystery.
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Lost in a haunted mansion AU Roleplay in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
-
Allison replied to the topic How many stories/books have you written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
I wrote my first ‘novel’ when I was nine, I think it was about 20 pages (Maybe 15) and was about all the kids in our neighborhood saving the world from Lego Friends who were trying to take over the world. 😅 Then over the years I have written a handful maybe around 3 of short stories … I have tons of ideas and unfinished…[Read more]
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic How many stories/books have you written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
Lol, writing was my main hobby for years, and now that I’m hoping to make it my career (or at least part of it) I’m doing it just as much but more seriously. Definitely took me a while to write that much lol.
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
*appears*
Yes, I’ve been gone from KP for a long time. I WISH TO CHANGE THAT. XD
So… today’s been great! Writing, worship, toddlers… lots of fun lol.
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Revolutionary War story idea in the forum Historical 2 years, 8 months ago
Sorry Janessa for hijacking your topic 🤣
It’s all good! I don’t mind if there’s conversation on here because I don’t really have anything else to post at the moment anyway lol. Plus I contributed XD
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic How many stories/books have you written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
Okay, so I disappeared from KP for a while because of busyness but hopefully that’s changing now!! XD
I tend to lean towards fantasy and sci-fi, though I sometimes end up with adventure/contemporary.
I’ve written seven novels. Three in the “Pantoria” series which was co-authored (each one was about 60k), three in the “Twelve…[Read more]
-
Smiley changed their profile picture 2 years, 8 months ago
-
Esther replied to the topic How many stories/books have you written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
If we’re counting completed drafts, even if they’re of the same story then I have… four. Including incomplete drafts (and drafts of stories I wrote when I was nine) then that’s… ten? I think? Maybe 12, but I deleted those docs and can’t remember if they were completed or not.
Now, counting completed drafts and short stori…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Revolutionary War story idea in the forum Historical 2 years, 8 months ago
Woah, that post is massive. Sorry Janessa for hijacking your topic 🤣
-
Esther replied to the topic Revolutionary War story idea in the forum Historical 2 years, 8 months ago
@savannah_grace2009 @whalekeeper @trailblazer
Oh… oops. XD I didn’t know this would start a whole discussion. But that’s okay! It’s really interesting to hear y’all’s opinions.
I wasn’t necessarily trying to say that publishers aren’t looking for a good book. I’m just saying that publishers can be really harsh with what they accept and what t…
-
hybridlore replied to the topic How many stories/books have you written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
Unless it was a historical fiction or something, which doesn’t allow that sort of thing.
Fawkes and Romanov by Nadine Brandes are both historical fiction with fantasy mixed in. They’re both really good.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic How many stories/books have you written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
I have only ever finished a flash fiction piece, a short story, and a cringy picture book when I was like seven. But I have a ton of started and abandoned ideas, ranging from like a page long to 20k words. I’m not sure if I’ll ever finish any of them, but I might go back to some eventually.
Now I lean towards softer science…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic How many stories/books have you written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
I’ve only ever finished two long stories.
One was about four kids who go to another world…It can be found in the topic “what’s the cringiest thing you’ve ever written”.And one was about a broken family who learns to love each other. I’ve never posted ANY of this.
I have a huge binder full of stories I’ve started but never…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic How many stories/books have you written? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
Completed stories or all the stories I’ve started? Because those are two different lists lol.
Most of my stories (I call them that because most of them aren’t finished yet and book sounds like a term for something that’s finished) are either contemporary fiction or historical fiction. I have a couple mysteries thrown in…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ posted an update 2 years, 8 months ago
@esther-c Hey…I was wondering if you’ve looked at my writing yet? (I’m not trying to nag you or anything XD just wondering if you still wanted to do it?) I know you’re probably busy…but just wondering (:
-
I don’t mind being nagged. XD But yeah, I’ll start reading it this week and try to give you some feedback as soon as I can. 😊
-
Hey! So I just read the first two chapters of your book. Love it already!! I have some feedback to give, but I was wondering what kind you want. Like, do you want to know things about the characters, plot, prose, setting, etc.? Are there specific questions you want answered? I don’t want to give you feedback that you aren’t looking for. 😉
-
It really doesn’t matter, haha! Just your overall thoughts! 🙂
-
Ok, cool 😉
-
-
-
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 8 months ago
Heyy! I’m Sara, though most people around here call me…well, they call me Sara. XD
Anyways, I’m a chocolate consuming, emotionally unstable, sleep deprived, algebra loving, public school attending freshman!
Here are some random questions:
Do you ever talk to yourself?
Have you ever subconsciously narrated parts of your…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Revolutionary War story idea in the forum Historical 2 years, 8 months ago
Don’t beat yourself up over it! I struggle to convey things a lot, too, and I also am not very familiar with publishing since I haven’t looked into that, so my lack of understanding in that area probably contributed to the confusion.
Right now I’m just barely holding all my emotions together with my WIP…I am really really unh…
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Revolutionary War story idea in the forum Historical 2 years, 8 months ago
@whalekeeper @esther-c @trailblazer
Okay…I think I’m just not good at saying what I mean. Let me try again, haha!
But Esther has a good point of view, that publishers are also looking for well-written material to a degree, because readers like good writing, and therefore good writing will sell. I’m not saying all readers have quality taste, but…
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Revolutionary War story idea in the forum Historical 2 years, 8 months ago
@whalekeeper @savannah_grace2009
I think you’ve got a good point there, too. While self-publishing is easier, and I would probably take that route if I was only intending for a smaller audience to read my book (say, family and friends who are taking more of an interest in it), I also want to know that my writing is good quality, and I don’t want…[Read more]
- Load More
