-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
So this is a good thing to be aware of when writing your story. Your definitely right that you want to have your setting more tied into the plot. I like how Brandon Sanderson puts it: Character, setting, and conflict are the three pieces, and the plot is the glue that keeps them together in a story.
You care about your characters,…[Read more]
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Hello From Canada Lily! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 8 months ago
Patricia MacLachlan was a children’s author, yes. But I still find her books interesting. Her most well known, “Sarah, Plain and Tall,” would be about the thickness of a thin beginner’s novel, if that gives you any idea. I’m not sure how to classify her genre. You can read a sample of “Sarah, Plain and Tall” on Amazon to give you an i…
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Hi, Peoples! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 8 months ago
I think I lean more toward hard world building. While I have written some projects for fun where literally anything can happen, I love thought-out structure and processes in books (especially when it takes something from reality and kinda twists it).
Cool! Yeah, I’m definitely a hard worldbuilder. I definitely appreciate soft…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
Oh, shyiads have two types of venom, and one type of poison. The first venom temporarily paralyzes, the second kills almost instantly. The poison can be coated on his scales, and absorbed into the skin. It makes it’s victim sick, and eventually will cause death if not treated. Chase is not using his poison or spines (nor his third fang) rn, only…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
Ooh, does Chase always have black scales/fur/whatever when he transforms? Or is it more of a whim?
He can change colors, but black or grey, with sometimes a sheen of green are like his default colors. He does master color changes and shifting later I his life, but rn it takes a lot out of him.
@whaley @loopylin @savannah_grace2008 @jo…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
@hybridlore @trailblazer @anyone-else
So guys…I started writing another chapter of my sci-fi thriller that I’m writing just for funzies and to get a breather from Andromeda. I tagged you guys cuz you read the first chapter (and I may or may not have almost made Janessa cry…heh…heh..) and I know Hybridlore wanted to read more…so here it…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Character Interviews in the forum Characters 2 years, 8 months ago
*everyone ignore that i just referred to my espresso as a “he”…XD”
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Character Interviews in the forum Characters 2 years, 8 months ago
I COULDN’T HELP MYSELF!!! *points to the espresso* HE STARTED IT! lol
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
@everyone
Sef
She gasped as the door swung open and shrank back.
Chase strode forward and in a terrifying moment he became a terrible writhing snake.
She watched in awe as he demanded the release of his friend, unsure whether to be afraid or proud of her new friend.
Sorry guys…that RP was really cringe haha! But I hadn’t done a Sef…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
@whalekeeper @loopylin @jonas @savannah_grace2009
Behold the shyiad!
Chase Duke
“No,” Chase whispered. He knew what it was like on his own world to be deceived with Black Sorcery, but that was weak Chase, not godling Marcel. “Marcel, no! Resist!” Frantic, with eyes yellow, Chase stepped forward, taking off his hoodie and whispering for Sef to…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Hello From Canada Lily! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 8 months ago
I have an espresso machine and make my own lattes and they are SO GOOD! Especially a good gingerbread latte…AHHH!
I hope you survive your textbook
Um…I’ll try XD
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
-
Esther replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
Lukas
“Man… th-that must be, be tough. B-but I’m glad we’re able to be here for you.” He offered a smile. “Because if it was just you and Xandro, then Xandro might get you in trouble. You saw what he did to me.”
-
Esther replied to the topic Hi, Peoples! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 8 months ago
Cool!! I’ll have to check it out!
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
Liv
She inhaled sharply as Lukas briefly pulled her into his arms.
“Thanks,” she sighed, smiling at him, “I needed that. When Aubrielle died…” she sighed. “Our family just fell apart. My brothers and parents were distant, and I’d just felt so alone…and then they sent me to school. All I had was Xandro. It’s been a long time since…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
It’s just a short story, and it is meant to be simple. Often the simplistic things are the hardest. What I love to write are the things that draw out a certain trait, make the reader to stop and think, or are often not done.
Even though Blake is only planned to be for this story, the struggle of “am I a hero or a villain” is Alpha’s.
-
Esther and
Miriam K. are now friends 2 years, 8 months ago -
Esther replied to the topic Hi, Peoples! in the forum Start HERE 2 years, 8 months ago
My dream vacation would probably be to visit Africa, it’s just so beautiful!
That would be so cool!!
Of course, the first character to pop into my mind is Jack. He’s a man made out of yarn (long story lol), and he’s super clumsy and hilarious, but it’s partly a ruse to hide his guilt and loneliness. He also knows a lot mor…
-
Esther replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 8 months ago
Ooh, that sounds really neat, I’d definitely read something like this! I can’t think of any feedback to give rn. But yeah, I love the idea! Tag me if you end up posting it!
- Load More
