@smiley
Active 1 year, 7 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2243
-
Annabelle replied to the topic Introduction in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 9 months ago
Yeah, peacocks rule! I was super surprised when we pulled ahead at the last minute.
I actually haven’t heard of most of the authors you mentioned, except for Andrew Peterson. I’ve also heard of some of Beverly Lewis’s books, but I’ve never read any.
So if you like Andrew Peterson… have you read the Wingfeather Saga? It’s my…[Read more]
-
Annabelle replied to the topic Introduction in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 9 months ago
Welcome! I’m Annabelle, and I’m relatively new here too. I also participated in CWW, and it was my first time this year. Which team were you on? I was on the peacocks!
What kind of books do you like to read? Who are some of your favorite authors?
Again, it’s nice to meet you! See you around the forums!
-
Annabelle replied to the topic End of Year Book Party! in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 9 months ago
Yeah, continuations of WFS are so fun! I wrote one a few years ago, but it’s probably lost somewhere on my computer… Anyway, I’ll look in the Wingfeather topic and read your stuff.
I have read Wingfeather Tales! It wasn’t as moving as the main book series, but it was still great.
-
Annabelle replied to the topic End of Year Book Party! in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 9 months ago
The writer part of me knows you’re right, but the reader part still is hungry for more Wingfeather. LOL
-
Annabelle replied to the topic End of Year Book Party! in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 9 months ago
I enjoyed the Left Behind series, and I would definitely recommend it. It was very adult in content, but it was still good. The last three or four books in the series, especially Armeggedon, were very violent, and there was a lot of torture and gory things. There are no illustrations in the book, thankfully, but you can still…[Read more]
-
Annabelle replied to the topic IT HAS BEEN FOREVER BUT I HAVE A NEE BLOG POST in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 9 months ago
Yeah, not having the time to write during the school season makes perfect sense. I’m homeschooled, so I don’t have that problem as much, but I can still understand what you’re saying.
Those stories both sound great! How far are you along in them?
Besides writing for my blog and for Kingdom Pen (which I just started doing), I have been…[Read more]
-
Annabelle replied to the topic IT HAS BEEN FOREVER BUT I HAVE A NEE BLOG POST in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 9 months ago
Yes, I really need some new writing friends! None of my in-person friends really like to write, so the internet is the next best thing. Thanks for looking at my blog!
So… it sounds like you haven’t really been writing a lot lately, but when you do write, what do you like to write about?
-
Annabelle replied to the topic IT HAS BEEN FOREVER BUT I HAVE A NEE BLOG POST in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 9 months ago
Okay, I copied and pasted the link in my browser and it worked. You have a nice website! Good job! I hope to read more posts by you.
-
Annabelle replied to the topic IT HAS BEEN FOREVER BUT I HAVE A NEE BLOG POST in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 9 months ago
Welcome back, @godlyfantasy12!
I’d be glad to read your New Year’s post on your website, but I’m new here, so I don’t have the link. Could you send it? I also wrote a New Year’s post on my blog:
-
Annabelle replied to the topic Cover Art Sharing Space/Critique in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 9 months ago
Thanks, @abigail-m! I honestly didn’t put a lot of time into the covers, so hopefully, they’ll be better when I actually sit down and work on them.
Actually, I just destroyed my whole book a few days ago! Or rather, I started rewriting pretty much the whole thing. I had this very bright idea for the plot, but to implement it I have to work a lot…[Read more]
-
Annabelle replied to the topic End of Year Book Party! in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 9 months ago
The Wilderking Trilogy was pretty good, but I found it a little bit predictable, mostly because I already knew the story of David which it was based on. The second book, The Secret of the Swamp King, was the best since it had an exciting twist at the end which I won’t spoil for you. Overall, it’s a pretty good series.
Yeah, I…[Read more]
-
Annabelle replied to the topic End of Year Book Party! in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 9 months ago
How Many Books Have you Read this Year? List every one you read!
1. Left Behind by Tim LaHaye & Jerry B. Jenkins (the whole series, which is 13 books)
2. The Great Awakenings by Bill Bright & Jack Cavenaugh (four-book series)
3. The Winter War by Gina Detweiler & Priscilla Shirer (the fifth book in the Prince Warriors ser…[Read more] -
Annabelle replied to the topic Cover Art Sharing Space/Critique in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 9 months ago
No, I don’t use a blender most of the time, although I probably should. I’m not really an expert artist. I just draw for fun sometimes.
-
Annabelle replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 9 months ago
Yeah, that’s very true. The way to get people to read it without turning them off is just conveniently “forgetting” about the ancient stones and tell them about the rest.
I guess we all have different visualizations of Artham! I actually like the grey wings better than white, I guess I just didn’t read it close enough.
-
Annabelle replied to the topic Cover Art Sharing Space/Critique in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 9 months ago
I’m glad you like them! I definitely have some more work to do, but it’s a start.
-
Annabelle replied to the topic Cover Art Sharing Space/Critique in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 9 months ago
Wow, both of those are so good! I love the style! I already want to read your book just by looking at the cover. I like the expressions on the faces of the characters. It makes it look way more interesting. The titles are great too. That’s all the feedback I have. I think just add some color to those pictures, and they’re…[Read more]
-
Annabelle replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 9 months ago
Wow, that’s cool, @keilah-h! I like the vibrant colors. The illustration in the book is only black and white, so it’s nice to see it in color. I actually always thought his feathers were white or something, I didn’t realize they were grey like that.
-
Annabelle replied to the topic Hello!! in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 9 months ago
No, those are great Christmas movies! My siblings still watch Veggitales Christmas movies.
-
Annabelle replied to the topic Hello!! in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 9 months ago
Hi, @koshka!
Ugh, I know how that is having so many story ideas and not being able to complete any of them. I’ve had that problem for many years, and just recently I decided to sit down and FINISH a book. I just had to keep myself determined.
Yeah, my poems are pretty direct, and I think they’re more of rhymes than poems because they don’t use…[Read more]
-
Annabelle replied to the topic Hello!! in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 9 months ago
@anatra23
I actually don’t use online courses. Basically, I just pick out a song I want to learn and print out sheet music for it (or learn it by ear, depending on if I want a specific arrangement or not.) I do have a few books that I use too. - Load More
