@smiley
Active 1 year, 7 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2243
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Campfire Write (and other writing resources) in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 11 months ago
Oh thanks for the suggestion! Sounds great.
I actually just went and made an account because it seemed awesome lol.
Idk how tagging works or why they had me make one, but I’m @MinWrites.
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic I discovered a great book series all of you should read!! in the forum Book Discussions 3 years, 11 months ago
Ok I’ve read the blurb. Can I make a wild guess at the major plot twist?
Sage perhaps… is the kings long lost son?
It felt predictable reading the blurb, like the usual thing to happen. But hey, maybe I’m way off and I could never guess what’s coming. 😂
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic I discovered a great book series all of you should read!! in the forum Book Discussions 3 years, 11 months ago
Ok, thanks so much! Seriously, I struggle to find stuff to read and really appreciate you making this topic.
Action without tension is great, to much tension and I have to stop reading because I get too invested (Wingfeather saga book three 😅 couldn’t get past the first third).
Sounds great!
EEEK just checked, they have the…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic What’s your favorite snack to eat while writing? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 11 months ago
 A bit about myself…I love snowboarding, writing, creative characters, I’m a published author, I love Blue Gatorade and Gummy-bears….mmmmm….gummy bears.
Cool! Gummy bears… yes very yummy 😋
Yes. That is my favorite snack besides melted milk chocolate chips with hot chocolate powder stirred into the melted mixture (it’s really good!).
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Hey everyone!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 11 months ago
Hello and welcome! We are very glad to have you here! 😁
Little bit about myself:
I am currently writing dystopian, and my book focuses most on family dynamics, friendship, and sacrifice for those you love. I’m currently in running-start (dual credit high-school and college). I love to draw my character’s, I like…[Read more]
-
Light replied to the topic Hey everyone!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 11 months ago
YES!!! THAT’S SO COOL! A FELLOW HOMESCHOOLER!!!
Oh no! You’re fine! It’s very nice to meet you, Freedom Writer! *Shakes hand, then hugs you* Ya I’m a big hugger XD. Also, can I just say that your characters are just AMAZING?!?!? I love the ‘Bois’ so much, especially Leo and Wolfgang. And RIKER!!! OMG, girl!!
Also, I have a…[Read more]
-
Light started the topic Hey everyone!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 11 months ago
Hi! My name is lightoverdarkness6. I am a home schooled teen girl who loves writing! I am sooo excited to make friends and discuss writing!! How was everyone’s church service? The first part of ours was very spiritual. In Sunday school, our teacher had to take a visitor who had ridden with them back home, so me and my friend talked all about our…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic I discovered a great book series all of you should read!! in the forum Book Discussions 3 years, 11 months ago
@pen_for_christ
Ooh!! Looks like it’s time for me to go find it on Goodreads. Thanks for the recommendation! Clean book series are pretty hard to come by these days.
Anything in particular that made it so awesome?
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Hullo! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 11 months ago
I agree! If there isn’t comfort in it somewhere, it just feels depressing.
Glad she gets some happy too!
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Hullo! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 11 months ago
Lol, I can’t judge you for it. I wrote a scene of my oc Lesli sobbing once 😂. But my other oc Tauren was there for her and it was sweeeeet and I looooved writing it 🤣
Sad and sweet scenes are my favorite to write. Oh, and nostalgic ones.
Do you have a favorite type to write in particular?
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Hullo! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 11 months ago
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic WIP edits? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 11 months ago
That was really interesting! One of the thing I really liked Elissa. She plays such a important role in giving the story hope. I would add some more description to the outside, it says it is wintry, but is it foggy? Icy? Is his breath making clouds it is so cold?
Thanks for sharing! I made comments on the google doc, and was going…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Hullo! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 11 months ago
Just some ideas about what could possibly drive him, of course you know your story better than I do, so don’t feel obligated to use any.
Maybe think about why he likes the simulation so much- obviously it is better than his usual life, but is there a emotion/experience he is seeking through using it? He is going on a date, so it…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Hullo! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 11 months ago
And add a lot of chapters in the middle cause they are not giving me enough for my precious character growth!
Good idea!
 I actually haven’t started writing her yet but she is literally later in the chapter I’m writing now so, I’ve got to figure it out. Ugh, personality. Also pretty underdeveloped. 😑💀 Why is writing so hard! I’ve b…
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic WIP edits? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 11 months ago
 A lot of it will actually take place in the outside world, more and more as Milo uses the simulation less. But outside outside not as much. The simulation was made by the company Milo works at and there are some things that go into its history, but not much as of now.
Ok! That makes sense.
Your WIP sounds really cool, too!
Thanks! 😀
 If you w…
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic WIP edits? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 11 months ago
I like how you get into the action right away. I might point something out that’s completely irrelevant for the fact it’s just one chapter (not much you can include).
I like how the descriptions of Cammie help you understand what Milo is feeling. You don’t just get a outside description (hair color and whatnot) but instead how she…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic WIP edits? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 11 months ago
Ok! I’m excited to see it! 🙂
Glad to hear it’s not that creepy! I know writing dystopian can be hard, (My current WIP is dystopian) But I think it has so many good theme potentials. Going through hardship grows us and our characters 🙂
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Hullo! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 11 months ago
Sounds like that novel class really helps with writers block lol.
I like Adler and Bancroft. I haven’t completely finished creating her character (I thought of her while writing the chapter before the one she first appears in) so I might have to consider how race might be a part of her last name too.
Hope you find one that works! T…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Did any book influence your current WIP? in the forum Book Discussions 3 years, 11 months ago
@godlyfantasy
AHH thank u so much for ur compliments!!!!!
Yeah!!
(I HAVE A CUP WITH HIS FACE ON IT 😍🤩 XD XD XD)
LOL I would hardly have to confidence to buy something like that and explain it to my parents. I put off buying a manga volume I wanted for soooo long because the cover was PURE CRINGE but I wanted it sooo bad because it had one of…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic WIP edits? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 11 months ago
I’d love to read some of your work and make suggestions (story related, not grammar stuffs)!!
However don’t consider me an editor… I stay pretty busy with school and other stuff. I can pop in with some feedback every now and then though! I’m pretty cautious about what I read (I remember you saying your WIP started being based of a…[Read more]
- Load More
