Hey everyone!!

Home Page ā€ŗ Forums ā€ŗ General Site Info ā€ŗ Start HERE ā€ŗ Hey everyone!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Light
    @lightoverdarkness6
      • Total Posts: 1626

Hi! My name is lightoverdarkness6. I am a home schooled teen girl who loves writing! I am sooo excited to make friends and discuss writing!! How was everyoneā€™s church service? The first part of ours was very spiritual. In Sunday school, our teacher had to take a visitor who had ridden with them back home, so me and my friend talked all about our books until our teacher got back XD. We got a ten minute lesson in and we developed our characters, Lol!

Iā€™ve been trying to get an account since last year!! But I saw that the description of the website said itā€™s for teen writers, and I was only 12, and did not have an email. Maybe now I can add a character or two in the Character Castle, (they are very underdeveloped) if yā€™all donā€™t mind. I know there is a LOT going on.

Have a Great day!!

#HugRikerSquad

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 8156

@lightoverdarkness6. First off, WELCOME TO KINGDOM PEN!!!! šŸ˜šŸ˜„

Second, YOUā€™RE HOMESCHOOLED TOO!?!?!? AND A CHRISTIAN TEEN GIRL!? *cough* Ahem, excuse me, where are my manners!? šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

I am FreedomWriter76, a Southern, Homeschooled, Christian Teen Girl with a passion for spreading the light of Christ through Historical Fiction! šŸ˜‰ I am also a huge History Buff and Marvel Nerd, but we wonā€™t go there. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜›

Also, I love your name here on KP! šŸ„°šŸ„°šŸ„°

But anywho, as is customary for us to do on KP, Iā€™m gonna ask a few random ask-the-newbie questions!!!

1. Whatā€™s your favorite book genre to read/write?
        2. Whatā€™s your current WIP about? (itā€™s okay to have more than oneā€¦I have severalā€¦šŸ¤£)
        3. Coffee, Tea, or Neither?
        4. Favorite Dessert?
        5. Pineapple on Pizza? Yay or nay?
        6. Who is your favorite author?

Oh, and yes, the Character Castle is crazily fun! šŸ˜‚ Come and join us; all are welcome!!!! šŸ˜

Oh, and I had church at home todayā€¦me and my family were exhausted from all the traveling with did Thurs-Sat, lol. šŸ¤£ But Iā€™m so glad your church service went well! šŸ˜„

Again, welcome to KP! I hope you have a wonderful time here! God Bless! ā¤ļøšŸ™

Oh, and before I go, hereā€™s a few other Keepers to say hello!

@godlyfantasy12
        . @theloonyone. @ava-blue. @keilah-h. @loopylin. @elishavet-pidyon. @whalekeeper. @joy-caroline. @rose-everdeen.

Keilah H.
        @keilah-h
          • Total Posts: 3875

@lightoverdarkness6 Hello there! I currently canā€™t talk much because Iā€™m in the middle of playing a game, but I decided to pause it just to say hi.

Also, yes, the Character Castle is so fun.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

TheLoonyOne
          @theloonyone
            • Total Posts: 404

Hey @lightoverdarkness6! Iā€™m TheLoonyOne!

Iā€™m also a homeschooled teenage girl too! And I love writing (of course)! Iā€™d love to get to know you and talk about writing!

I was teaching in nursery today. We started learning about Esther and our big idea was God helps us from behind the scenes. They are, however, three-year-olds, so we mostly played with toys, pretended to be beans, and made crowns. šŸ˜

I havenā€™t joined Character Castle because it is pretty large and I have no experience in role-play, but Iā€™ve heard that it is really fun! Itā€™s also a great way to develop your characters.

Anyway, newbie questions!

1. What kind of writing do you do? Do you have a favorite genre?

2. Stranded on an island. If you like music, what are five songs or five albums that you would want to have if you were stranded on an island? Basically top five, whether through quality or sentiment.

3. Stranded on an island but five books.

4. If you could make any activity an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance of winning a medal for?

Welcome to Kingdom Pen! I hope to see you around!

LoopyLin
            @loopylin
              • Total Posts: 2062

Hi! Welcome to KP!

Iā€™m Loopy, a (not homeschooled) teenage girl. Church was great as always. We sang one of my favorite songs, For All the Saints.

The character castle is really fun and has helped me a lot with developing my characters. It is really hectic, but you just gotta jump in with both feet. Iā€™m actually considering adding another character, so maybe our characters can meet up first thing? That would make it easier than meeting characters who have been there a while.

Anyway, newbie question! (I only have one because I donā€™t want to overwhelm you)

Who is your favorite original character, what is their personality, and what do they look like?

Itā€™s great to have you on here! Welcome again šŸ˜Š

Space Princess āœØšŸŖ intp artist

Light
              @lightoverdarkness6

@freedomwriter76

YES!!! THATā€™S SO COOL! A FELLOW HOMESCHOOLER!!!

Oh no! Youā€™re fine! Itā€™s very nice to meet you, Freedom Writer! *Shakes hand, then hugs you* Ya Iā€™m a big hugger XD. Also, can I just say that your characters are just AMAZING?!?!? I love the ā€˜Boisā€™ so much, especially Leo and Wolfgang. And RIKER!!! OMG, girl!!

Also, I have a confession. So, when I was exploring this website, I found your Marvel AU, and IT IS SO GOOD!!! BUCKY,Ā  STEVE, CLINT AND PETER!! And TONY!! Yeah, I donā€™t have crushes at all XD.Ā  But, after I read it, me and my brother started over the Avengers movies! So thank you! Who is your favorite character(s)? (Other than Bucky and Steve lol {Theyā€™re some of my top favorites too } šŸ™‚

Awww, thank you so much!! You are so sweet! My mom helped me come up with my name. She said that ā€œIn everything we do we should exemplify Christ and his light.ā€ So I chose this one.

Ooh, good questions!!

1. I usually write and read Contemporary Fiction. I like reading Fantasy like Lord of the Rings and The Wingfeather Saga, but I donā€™t like writing in that genre. I try to stay away from magic, witch craft, and such.

2. Okay, so my current WIP (Thatā€™s work in progress, right?) is about a boy named Matthew and his sister Lyla. They find a piebald deer fawn,Ā  (a pure white fawn with blue eyes) and it is very rare. The chances of seeing one is about 1 in every 100,000! So they find the fawn, and itā€™s mother is dead from the two hunters poachers in their town. theyā€™re brothers; Hank and Chase. They find out about the fawn, and want it for itā€™s fur. (Chase is a taxerdirmist.) The kids are trying to save the fawn (his name is Frost) from the poachers. But, thereā€™s a backstory on the brothersā€¦and on their heads is the death of Matthew and Lylaā€™s older brotherā€™s fiance, Lilly. You see, one night, on their way home from visiting Carterā€™s (Matthewā€™s older brother) parents house, Carter and Lilly are hit by a drunk driver. Lillyā€¦doesnā€™t survive. The drunk driver was Hank. Carter vows to hate Hank and his brother for as long as he lives. Can anything change his mind?

Iā€™m thinking of calling it ā€œBecause of a White Fawn.ā€ Iā€™ve also got a idea in my mind thatā€™s slowly forming. Iā€™ll post it once I come up with a blurb and itā€™s more that just a tiny idea.

3. I donā€™t drink coffee or tea, I donā€™t really drink anything other than water XD.

4. Ooh, I love the homemade brownies my mama makes! And she also makes homemade Orange Scones with vanilla icing!! She makes heavenly desserts!

5. Hmm, Iā€™ve never tried that, but I think it could be good. Now Iā€™m really wanting to try it lol.

6. I have way too many favorite authors XD. Some of my favorites are: Chris Hiemerdinger, Andrew Peterson, Gerald Lund, J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, Jane Austen, and Louisa May Alcott.

Thank you!! You too!

#HugRikerSquad

MineralizedWritings
                @mineralizedwritings
                  • Total Posts: 2803

@lightoverdarkness6

Hello and welcome! We are very glad to have you here! šŸ˜

Little bit about myself:

I am currently writing dystopian, and my book focuses most on family dynamics, friendship, and sacrifice for those you love. Iā€™m currently in running-start (dual credit high-school and college). I love to draw my characterā€™s, I like speed-cubing, and I play the clarinet.

Hi! My name is lightoverdarkness6. I am a home schooled teen girl who loves writing!

Great name, Iā€™m not home schooled, but I was until age 8.

I am sooo excited to make friends and discuss writing!!

Yes! Thatā€™s what we love to do here!! šŸ˜„

How was everyoneā€™s church service?

I didnā€™t go to church because my older sister just moved out today (Boo-hoo, but sheā€™ll have a great adventure) But I did read some 2nd Samuel today. The part I was reading was mostly about the sin and on-goings of Davidā€™s family. (chapter 11-14 or something idk)

We got a ten minute lesson in and we developed our characters, Lol!

Lol thatā€™s the best!!

Ā  Maybe now I can add a character or two in the Character Castle, (they are very underdeveloped) if yā€™all donā€™t mind. I know there is a LOT going on.

Yep! Character castle sounds like fun, It looked over whelming to me so I never joined.

Ā 

Ok random questions for you!

1.Any music you like to listen to while writing? Hereā€™s my favorite playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RxGvcWNemo

2. Iā€™d love to hear about your WIP! Whatā€™s it about? What are your themes?

3. Are snakes cool?

(answer carefullyā€¦ Jk lol.)

4.Do you want to travel a lot in your life, if so where? Or do you like to stay put?

5.How do you wright best? Ramble it all out onto a word doc? Spend ages plotting a character arc before ever writing a word? Or something else?

(Iā€™m a plot first then write, but I do right specific scenes sometimes before I know where I want them to go.)

6.Favorite book (or books)?

(For me itā€™s wingfeather saga, Chronicles of narnia, and haikyuu)

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

ćøć³ćÆć€€ć‹ć£ć“ć„ć„ć€€ć§ć™ļ¼

Light
                  @lightoverdarkness6

Howdy folks! *Gets flashback of Miss Minutes from Loki* *shivers*Any way,

@keilah-h

Hi! Thank you for pausing your game :). Yes, it looks super fun. I really like your character Feather! She seems very nice. See you around!!

Ā 

@theloonyone

Wow! Another homeschooler!! Thatā€™s so cool!! Yes!

Awww! That is so sweet! Lol, Iā€™m sure they got some of the lesson.

Yeah, Iā€™m debating whether to add a character or not.

1. I usually write Contemporary Fiction. I like reading Fantasy, but I donā€™t write it. I like to focus on writing real life problems. Iā€™m also starting to look into Historical Fiction, but Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™m ready.

2.Oooh thatā€™s a hard one. I love my music. Iā€™d have to say ā€˜If You Love Herā€™ by Forest Black, ā€˜Divineā€™Ā  and ā€˜Trust in the Lordā€™ by Strive To Be,Ā  ā€˜Buy Dirtā€™ by Jordan Davis, and at least one song by For King and Country. What about you?

3. Iā€™d want to have my 3 in 1 Gerald Lund book set, (does that count as 3?) The Tennis Shoes among the Nephites book 3 and 4, book 4 ofĀ  ā€˜The Wingfeather sagaā€™, and my Scriptures.

4. Hmmm. Driving four wheelers? Nah. I think reading a pretty thick book in one day. I might win that if I had the whole day.

Thank you! See you later!

@loopylin

Hi there!! Itā€™s nice to meet you! Thatā€™s good.

I think that would be great! What is your characterā€™s name that youā€™re adding? I think mine will be my main character, Matthew, or his sister, Lyla.

Thank you! Iā€™m not very easily overwhelmed, (but a very dirty kitchen that I have to clean will do it XD.) You mean a character that I created? Well then, itā€™s probably Matthew. He is dark complected, with lightish brown hair and blue eyes. He always is in shorts, unless it snows, but it doesnā€™t get cold enough to snow where he lives.Ā  Personality: He is shy until you get to know him, but he is very witty and will make you laugh once you do.Ā  He likes to explore in the woods behind their house with his sister. Thatā€™s all Iā€™ve gotten so far on developing him.

Thank you!!

Ā 

#HugRikerSquad

Anonymous

@lightoverdarkness6. YESSSS!!!! SOOOO EPICCCCCCC!!!! šŸ˜šŸ¤œšŸ¤›

*hugs you back* Itā€™s very nice to meet you too! And I love hugs too! xD OH MY GOODNESS, THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!!! šŸ¤©šŸ¤©šŸ¤©šŸ¤©šŸ¤© YOU ARE SOOOO SWEET!!!! ā¤ļøā¤ļøā¤ļø The Bois have quickly become some of my favorite characters Iā€™ve ever made, lol. XD And Riker is my baby. šŸ„°šŸ˜‰

THANK YOU SO MUCHHHHH!!!!! šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­ā¤ļøā¤ļøā¤ļø Ehhhā€¦nothing wrong with having crushes on fictitious characters. šŸ˜ XD EPIC!!! Ooh, favorite characters other than Steve and Buckyā€¦? Hmmā€¦šŸ¤” Letā€™s see, I love Clint and Natasha quite a bit, OOH, and Sam! šŸ˜ I also love Thor/Loki, Peggy Carter (easily one of my topā€™s! XD), and probablyā€¦ohā€¦.Wanda/Pietro Maximoff. šŸ˜‰ How about you? Who are some of your favs other than Steve and Bucky? šŸ˜ And whatā€™s your favorite Marvel movie? *cough cough* Winter Soldier *cough cough*. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Youā€™re So Welcome!!! šŸ˜ Yes, wise words! šŸ˜„

Thank you! I try to make them good, lol. šŸ˜‚

1. Cool!!! šŸ˜„ Totally understand you there! Thatā€™s why I donā€™t read much Fantasy except CS Lewis, lol. šŸ˜‚ I have written a bit of fantasy before though, but I write fantasy without magic. I also have an AU of my own books thatā€™s fantasy, lol. šŸ¤£
                      2. AHHH!!! I LOVE THATTTTT!!!!! šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜ (and yes, WIP is work in progress. šŸ˜‰) That story sounds SO COOL!!!! šŸ¤©šŸ¤©šŸ¤© And, like, Carter!? Already feel like Iā€™ll cry over him. šŸ˜… But if he forgives Hank and Chase, I know Iā€™ll cry. šŸ˜‚ Love forgiveness storiesā€¦which is one reason why Iā€™m writing one, lol. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ Ooh, great title! šŸ˜ OOH! CANā€™T WAIT TO SEE ITTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!! šŸ¤©šŸ„³
                      3. Totally understand you there! I donā€™t drink either muchā€¦mostly water. šŸ˜‚ But if itā€™s tea, itā€™s normally sweet tea, lol.
                      4. DELICIOUS!!!! šŸ˜‹šŸ˜‹šŸ˜‹
                      5. Iā€™ve never tried it either, but I donā€™t like pineapplesā€¦šŸ˜…
                      6. OOH, COOL! šŸ˜‰

You Are SO Welcome! šŸ˜„

Light
                      @lightoverdarkness6

@mineralizedwritings

Hello! Thank you very much!

Oh that sounds like a great story! I love drawing too! But Iā€™m kinda afraid of trying it out on my characters because some of my drawings turn out great, and some are just blah. I am slowly getting better. What kind of style do you draw? Iā€™ve never heard of speed-cubing, but then again, i havent heard of a lot of things. Like, to the point where I had to look up what WIP and JK means. XD. Iā€™ve got it now though, I think. *Laughs nervously*Ā  The Clarinet!?! Wow that must be so pretty! I play the piano.

Awww thank you! My mom helped me come up with it. You should have seen my list of usernames! I used a full piece of paper Lol. Thatā€™s cool! Do you like public school or homeschool better? I will not be offended either way, i promise.

Yes! I am excited.

Iā€™m sorry! Iā€™m sure she will. How many siblings do you have? I am the oldest of 4 kids! In church we read about Daniel and the Lions den and Shadrach, Meeshach, and Abendego and their faith to be saved from the fire. Iā€™m sure I butchered their names. Sorry guys!

Yeah, it was pretty fun!

You should try it! We can do it together :).

1. I tried to listen to music while writing one time, and I ended up not writing for ten minutes. Instead, I sang the songs Lol. So if I do listen to music, itā€™s usually The Lord of the Rings music or other instrumental music. I LOVE Lord of the Rings.

2. My WIP is about a boy named Matthew and his sister Lyla (Iā€™m trying to determine if theyā€™re twins or not) when they find a piebald deer fawn. Piebald is like albino, but a piebald fawn has blue eyes and an albino fawn has pink. Thatā€™s about the only difference. So Matt and Ly (as they affectionately call each other) find this fawn. Itā€™s mother has been killed by the hunters (they r actually poachers) Hank and Chase. Theyā€™re brothers. Hank is the one that shoots all the animals and Chase stuffs and sells them. Well, a piebald fawn is kind of a big thingā€“seeing as the chances of seeing one are about 1 every 100,00 deer! And since the fawn is so rare, itā€™s white fur would bring a lot of money to the hunters. So they set out to catch and kill the fawn. Meanwhile, Matt and Lyla get help from their older brother Carter to help them get to a rare animal sanctuary in another state.

Anddd thereā€™s a backstory on Carter, Hank and Chase. You see, at one time Carter had beautiful fiance named Lilly. A few years before the story takes place, a younger, happier, Carter with his fiance Lilly, are driving home from visiting Matt, Lyla, and Carterā€™s parents. Well, on that same night, Hank and Chase are driving home tooā€“but from a bar. And Hank has had one too many drinks. He isnā€™t watching where heā€™s going, he runs a red light, and rams Carterā€™s vehicle. Somehow, Carter survives. Butā€¦Lilly does not. Carter swears to hate Hank and his brother for the rest of his lifeā€¦Can anything help him to forgive?

Sooo, yeah. Also, Iā€™m wondering If the whole Hank and Carter thing should be a different book? @freedomwriter76 @loopylin @keilah-h @theloonyone @mineralizedwritings what do yā€™all think? I laid awake a while last night trying to figure out if it should be a different book or not since it kinda doesnā€™t go as smoothly with the rest of the book? I donā€™t know if thatā€™s just me.. any thoughts?

3. Most people hate snakes, but I like corn snakes and green snakes. Theyā€™re kind of cute. BUT DO NOT GET ME NEAR A VENOMOUS ONE!!! Actually, this year iā€™ve seen more snakes then any other year!!

4. I think I want to go on about 1-2 vacations a year when Iā€™m married and have kids. I want to home school my kids and write. Iā€™m going to write a lot before i have kids and then slowly go down to maybe a chapter a week or so once i have all my kids. Then once they start getting more independent with school, then I can write some more.

5. I develop my characters first and then start writing. I used to just kind of do whatever, but Iā€™m trying to get more organized XD.

6. I love The Wingfeather saga, The Tennis shoes among the Nephites, The Lord of The Rings, The Alliance, One in Thine Hand, and The Chronicals of Narnia. I feel like Iā€™m missing some. Maybe Iā€™ll remember them.Ā  Yay, another Wingfeather saga enthusiast!Ā  I love them so much! That ending was just *Sobs* so sad and good!! I cry every time I read that part.

Bye!!

#HugRikerSquad

Anonymous

@lightoverdarkness6.

Sooo, yeah. Also, Iā€™m wondering If the whole Hank and Carter thing should be a different book? What do yā€™all think? I laid awake a while last night trying to figure out if it should be a different book or not since it kinda doesnā€™t go as smoothly with the rest of the book? I donā€™t know if thatā€™s just meā€¦any thoughts?

If it doesnā€™t really fit in with Matt and Lylaā€™s story, I would say, yes, put it in another book. If your message for Matt and Lylaā€™s book is different than what Carter has to learn, I would say that they need to be different books, yes. šŸ™‚

Anonymous
                            • Total Posts: 1379

@lightoverdarkness6

Hi, Iā€™m Joy! Itā€™s nice to meet you ā€“ hope you enjoy your time here at the Kingdom of Pen!! šŸ˜€ ā™„

MineralizedWritings
                            @mineralizedwritings
                              • Total Posts: 2803

@lightoverdarkness6

Ā 

Oh that sounds like a great story!

Thanks!!šŸ˜ƒ

Ā But Iā€™m kinda afraid of trying it out on my characters because some of my drawings turn out great, and some are just blah. I am slowly getting better.

Yeah, it really do be like that sometimes. I recently learned to do profile view, and it was kinda painful at first.

What kind of style do you draw?

I donā€™t exactly now how to describe it. I have pulled inspo from like everywhere. I use realistic proportions, I draw noses eyes and face shapes modeled after manga drawing (manga noses look good on nearly on character I have learned) I do mixed media, but mostly pen and alcohol marker atm. What style do you use?

Iā€™ve never heard of speed-cubing, but then again, i havent heard of a lot of things.

Thatā€™s ok! Could I really have chosen something more obscure for a hobby? šŸ¤£ Itā€™s basically solving a rubickā€™s cube as fast as you can. I average just sub-30 seconds. Iā€™m learning the intermediate version of the most common method, C-fop. Itā€™s faster than just methods that simply solve the cube, but has more algorithms to remember. Anyways, I could talk about this for way to long. Iā€™m hopefully going to be in my first competition next yesterday (Im nervousssss) We all know I wonā€™t podium šŸ˜‚, but lol Iā€™ll have fun.

Like, to the point where I had to look up what WIP and JK means.

I have to look up acronyms too lol. DTIYS was the most confusing one I saw. (draw this in your style)

The Clarinet!?! Wow that must be so pretty! I play the piano.

Yeah! I love it! Piano is great, we have a keyboard, and I wanted to learn it, but itā€™s more fun to do something Iā€™m already alright at.

Ā Do you like public school or homeschool better?

Ok wellā€¦ public. But keep in mind I started online school in the 7th grade, so I skipped all the ā€œKids learning to be crassā€ stuff. The online public school I go to is a great environment. I feel that my time at public school was really important for me as a person though. I was sheltered at home, but exposed to other kids lives at school. So instead of being totally sheltered, I got to interact with some pretty broken people from a christian perspective. Obviously, itā€™s personal choice. Had things been a bit different, perhaps I would have joined them. Itā€™s risky, but a personal choice. Iā€™m glad I was there for that time, but I prefer online high school now.

Iā€™m sorry! Iā€™m sure she will. How many siblings do you have? I am the oldest of 4 kids!

Yup! Just texting her know actually. Sheā€™s in the hotel and going to fly soon.

In church we read about Daniel and the Lions den and Shadrach, Meeshach, and Abendego and their faith to be saved from the fire. Iā€™m sure I butchered their names. Sorry guys!

Oh great! Love that one.

You should try it! We can do it together :).

Yā€™knowā€¦ I might take you up on that. I have a new character that needs some help. Are you joining? Maybe mine can interact with your or something šŸ¤£ this character is the ā€œPoor angsty boiā€ of my story lol.

1. I tried to listen to music while writing one time, and I ended up not writing for ten minutes. Instead, I sang the songs Lol. So if I do listen to music, itā€™s usually The Lord of the Rings music or other instrumental music. I LOVE Lord of the Rings.

Ah yes! LOTR! I have a clarinet music book so I can play the awesome soundtrack.

Your wip sounds interesting! My story has a brother-sister (ok they arent blood related, friends since childhood) dynamic for the mcā€™s too.

Him thatā€™s intersting with the backstory! Lotā€™s of room for character growth.

No I think it fits really well. I think one of the hardest parts of writing is figuring out what motivates characterā€™s. So your backstory makes us sympathize with the characterā€™s, gives him motivation (whether for good or bad), and a place to growā€“ forgiveness. I think Itā€™s perfect. Maybe include bits of it as flashbacks. Does he have trigures? Like mayeb seeing a car that looks like the old one the accident in reminds him, providing a opportunity to share backstory with the reader Ex. ā€œThat car reminds me of the timeā€¦ā€ Anyways, do what you like, iā€™m sure itā€™ll be great.

3. Most people hate snakes, but I like corn snakes and green snakes. Theyā€™re kind of cute.

I love snakes, I think there adorable. But yeah, venomous scares me a bit.

4. I think I want to go on about 1-2 vacations a year when Iā€™m married and have kids. I want to home school my kids and write. Iā€™m going to write a lot before i have kids and then slowly go down to maybe a chapter a week or so once i have all my kids. Then once they start getting more independent with school, then I can write some more.

Sounds like a plan! I used to vacation like once a year, but I havenā€™t been in awhile.

5. I develop my characters first and then start writing. I used to just kind of do whatever, but Iā€™m trying to get more organized XD.

Yeah, same. XD It feels really good to get organized.

6. I love The Wingfeather saga, The Tennis shoes among the Nephites, The Lord of The Rings, The Alliance, One in Thine Hand, and The Chronicals of Narnia. I feel like Iā€™m missing some. Maybe Iā€™ll remember them.Ā  Yay, another Wingfeather saga enthusiast!Ā  I love them so much! That ending was just *Sobs* so sad and good!! I cry every time I read that part.

Ohhh I havenā€™t read the endingā€¦ Also Iā€™m supper excited for the wingfeather animated series coming out this December, are you watching it? Iā€™m going to try to watch it long distance with my sister.

Bye!!

Looking forward to seeing you around!!

ćøć³ćÆć€€ć‹ć£ć“ć„ć„ć€€ć§ć™ļ¼

TheLoonyOne
                              @theloonyone
                                • Total Posts: 404

@lightoverdarkness6

Yes! Homeschooling is the best!

Maybe Iā€™ll jump into the character castle! Just not quite sure where to startā€¦

1. I love all three of those genres, although I donā€™t read or write a lot of historical fiction. I think my favorite with historical fiction is fantasy in a historical setting. Itā€™s just so cool! I feel that for historical fiction, you would need to do a lot of research (although I already do quite a bit of research anyway). I usually write fantasy but right now Iā€™m writing a dystopian romance novel, both genres Iā€™m not all that familiar with.

2. Oh yeah, I love music too! And I love for King and Country! I saw them in concert last spring and they were so good! I actually got this question from my dad, because he has asked me, so Iā€™m ready with an answer. My five albums are 1. I and Love and You by the Avett Brothers, 2. Infinite Arms by Band of Horses, 3. Brother by the Black Keys, 4. The Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd, and Iā€™m not quite sure about 5, but Iā€™ll go with either Jesus Freak by DC Talk or. . . a bunch of others. There are so many I love! Those are some of my favorites, though. And I have absolutely no clue for songs.

3. Ooh Iā€™ve read some of the Wingfeather saga! Iā€™ve been thinking of reading it again, because I donā€™t remember much of it. And, of course, the Bible.

4. Haha, both of those would work! I used to read so much, but thenĀ school and other commitments. Still read a lot, though.

Ā 

I saw that you play the piano! I play the piano, too!

I think that maybe you could write another book, but as it doesnā€™t seem to be very long you could just write a short one-chapter thing. But I think it is pretty important to their relationship in the actual book so it should probably be in it. Maybe it could be a flashback or something when he recognizes them.

LoopyLin
                                @loopylin
                                  • Total Posts: 2062

@lightoverdarkness6

Your story sounds really cool! I donā€™t usually get interested in non-fasntasy, but I would totally read that. Matthew also seems cool, and you should add him to the castle if heā€™s your favorite. Or you could add both! šŸ˜

Also, yes, an original character (or OC) is any character that you made up yourself.

I think Iā€™m gonna do a couple characters who are super under developed. Thereā€™s Simon, who is 16, likes telling stories, is really easygoing, and gets along with a lot of people. Then thereā€™s Carter (lol same name that might be confusing for us) who is Simonā€™s friend. Heā€™s 14, has a more combative personality, and gets into a lot of trouble. Iā€™m adding both because I think that an important part of developing their characters is developing their relationship.

Space Princess āœØšŸŖ intp artist

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >