-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Scripts and Other Kinds of Writing in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 11 months ago
I’ve written scrips for small movies my siblings and I have made. Can’t say they were very good, but we used them. 🙂
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 11 months ago
You know you’re a writer when you drive past a harvested corn field, see one stalk somehow standing tall in the surrounding stubble, and immediately start thinking of story ideas.
Also, when you have a cloak that you made for a movie and you really want to wear it to church sometime (though I don’t know how much that longing actually has to do…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann and
Daniel Thompson are now friends 10 years, 11 months ago -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 11 months ago
And, for the writers and readers here (basically, everyone) this one is so good.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 11 months ago
I love Doctor Who; I’ve seen all the new ones…and while we’re on the topic, here’s a Studio C ‘deleted scene’ of Doctor Who.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 11 months ago
Yes…and I very much enjoyed this one.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 11 months ago
You know you’re a writer when you rewrite books you are reading in your mind.
Whew. I was starting to worry that I might not be a writer, but I do that quite often.I do this all the time. There are books I used to like, but as I read them again, I can’t enjoy them as much. Like Michael Vey. I was only 16 when the first book came out and I l…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Peace, War, and Rebellion in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 11 months ago
While at war, I think it would be fine to assassinate an enemy general/soldier/etc. It is war; death is part of war. What is the difference between killing on the battlefield, in a secret mission, while taking out a sentry, or from the top of a building while the man (or woman) is riding in a car. I do not, however, think killing noncombatants…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Fantastical Creatures in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 11 months ago
@kate-flournoy Yes, I have read The Griffin and the Minor Canon…it was pretty amusing. 🙂
I think…I think I did write a story from a dragon’s POV. Or at least part of it was from her POV. It’s been awhile, and there was a dragon and another character, so I can’t remember who I stayed with. The hardest part is describing them because to…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 11 months ago
You know you’re a writer when you rewrite books you are reading in your mind.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 11 months ago
@hannah-c That was one of the first ones I ever saw. Absolutely love it! This is another of my favorites.
ETA: How did you get your video to show up like that?
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 11 months ago
@hannah-c That was one of the first ones I ever saw. Absolutely love it! This is another of my favorites.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 11 months ago
@hannah-c That was one of the first ones I ever saw. Absolutely love it! This is another of my favorites.
-
Hope Ann started the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 11 months ago
You know you are a writer when you’re nervous because you are about to ‘perform’ so you get out a pen and start trying to describe every little detail you’re feeling.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 11 months ago
Has anyone here seen Studio C? I know someone…I can’t remember who (Ezra, maybe?), mentioned it once.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 11 months ago
Has anyone here seen Studio C? I know someone…I can’t remember who, mentioned it once.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Peace, War, and Rebellion in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 11 months ago
This doesn’t quite have to do with my original question…but what are you thoughts about assassination during war. Right or wrong? I actually do have a fairly strong opinion on this, but am curious what you think.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Writing real aliens that aren't real in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 11 months ago
I don’t think writing about aliens would be much different from writing a fantasy race and its history…though they would probably have an oddness that even some fantasy stuff wouldn’t have. A big thing I think would make them real (and strange) would be desires and emotions. Though they aren’t human, I’d think they’d have something they want/are…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Fantastical Creatures in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 11 months ago
@kate-flournoy Hmm, evil dragons. I know they are bad in quite a few stories, but they’ve always been good in mine so far. It would be fun to have a bad dragon though. Or a bad griffin. 🙂
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Fantastical Creatures in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 11 months ago
I love dragons and griffins…only I’ve ‘created’ a griffin based off a picture that actually looks more like a white winged mountain lion. They are normally used as mounts (in addition to horses) in my stories. I like elves too…but as a race, not as mounts. 😉
As to using fantasy creatures without using cliches; well one thing you could do is…[Read more]
- Load More
