Writing real aliens that aren't real

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Writing real aliens that aren't real

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Hope Ann
    @hope
      • Total Posts: 1092

I don’t think writing about aliens would be much different from writing a fantasy race and its history…though they would probably have an oddness that even some fantasy stuff wouldn’t have. A big thing I think would make them real (and strange) would be desires and emotions. Though they aren’t human, I’d think they’d have something they want/are trying to get as well as basic emotions…even if they show them in completely different ways from humans. But if you can show what the alien wants, and why he wants it (even if it is something a human would never dream of) and show the emotions he goes through (though, again, they probably wouldn’t be quite human-like reactions) as he gets or doesn’t get what he wants…I think that would go a long way to making them seem real.

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

Yes yes

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Shaina
        @jenali
          • Total Posts: 142

I agree Hope. By the way, has anyone seen the movie ‘Home’? It pretty much illustrates what Hope was saying, and its really funny.

The Scattered Writer

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        >