-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
Hi, everyone! I like the Wingfeather Saga, although it is one of those books I have to find the lessons in or I can’t get out of it/enjoy it.
I also love the ending: the power behind it is mind blowing. There is no doubt in my mind that Janner comes back, (I mean, it’s fiction. The ending is as you like it. [Okay, I know that’s an annoying way to…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
-
Koshka replied to the topic This is Koshka, and these are her books in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 11 months ago
Привет! I am commenting on here as it wouldn’t let me reply to you on the activity-feed-thing.
My brother’s writing is amazing (Don’t Tell him I said that)!
Thank you! I love my wolves and themes too. (Otherwise why would I like talking about them so much?)
My favorite theme to write? Ooo, I suppose that ‘ matter what you’ve done,…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Switching Gears: I'm Writing An Allegorical Fantasy Now! in the forum Biblical Fiction 4 years, 11 months ago
You’re welcome ;). I usually forget my character’s misbelief, so…
-
Koshka replied to the topic Making Bible Characters Relatable in the forum Biblical Fiction 4 years, 11 months ago
I have never seen it, and (is this bad?) I honestly don’t want to. I have heard it is amazing, again from a trusted source. I just don’t watch much of anything (a bit too much of a book person with a vivid imagination and accidental history snob/nerd).
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic They Came For Me in the forum Short Story Critiques 4 years, 11 months ago
Thank you so much! Yeah, I see. In my mind’s eye I see him standing there a moment perplexed while all the other Novak warriors chase the kids… But I didn’t make that very clear did I? 😉 I’ll work on that!
Thank you again!(and yeah, a lot of my ideas center around emotion)
@anatra23 -
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Making Bible Characters Relatable in the forum Biblical Fiction 4 years, 11 months ago
I haven’t seen it, but I’ve heard of it from a very trusted source that is was fantabulous.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Writing sprint thread in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 11 months ago
I have no idea what Sprint means… We have a kids thing at our church tonight that I’m working, but I may be able to participate.
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Switching Gears: I'm Writing An Allegorical Fantasy Now! in the forum Biblical Fiction 4 years, 11 months ago
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic They Came For Me in the forum Short Story Critiques 4 years, 11 months ago
Ok, yeah! Thanks, that probably works better, and might help limit the reader to the protagonist’s view point. Anything else? 🙂
-
Koshka replied to the topic They Came For Me in the forum Short Story Critiques 4 years, 11 months ago
*Smiles at the names*
I love the ending! I may change ‘Milla was curled up on the ground,’ to ‘I could just see Milla curled up on the ground,’ or something like that. But then again, I don’t know. -
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic They Came For Me in the forum Short Story Critiques 4 years, 11 months ago
Feel free to tag as you like! Sorry, I have a habit of forgetting half I meant to say till after I’v posted something!
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic They Came For Me in the forum Short Story Critiques 4 years, 11 months ago
-
Elishavet Elroi started the topic They Came For Me in the forum Short Story Critiques 4 years, 11 months ago
Mila was screaming. The ropes about my wrists bit when I tried to move, holding me helpless in the blackened snow. I twisted my head to find her, but all I could see was the boot of a marauder.
More screams. I had to do something!
I could do nothing.
Tears pricked at my eyelids, but crying wouldn’t help anything. I blinked them away.
“Take me,…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Switching Gears: I'm Writing An Allegorical Fantasy Now! in the forum Biblical Fiction 4 years, 11 months ago
Here are a few ideas;
Fear: messing up (past fixing), of becoming something terrible, to be nothing, to be something.
Misbelief: that his desire is wrong, that if he disappoints his father he will no longer be loved, that all these standards are just to keep him from fun.
Do you have a separate need as well, or are you using…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Switching Gears: I'm Writing An Allegorical Fantasy Now! in the forum Biblical Fiction 4 years, 11 months ago
Sorry, I forgot to tag you.
@godlyfantasy
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Switching Gears: I'm Writing An Allegorical Fantasy Now! in the forum Biblical Fiction 4 years, 11 months ago
So, I don’t personally know your characters, but from life, books, and from what they did in the Bible, here are some ideas to help get those creative juices flowing.
- Fear of darkness(not the dark)
- Fear of disillusionment
- Fear of the violent man
- Fear of failing
- Fear of not measuring up
- Fear of spiders (okay, maybe not)
- Fear of…
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Switching Gears: I'm Writing An Allegorical Fantasy Now! in the forum Biblical Fiction 4 years, 11 months ago
@gracie-j @elishavet-pidyon @koshka I could actually use some help rn lol.
I need some help with 2 things.
I’ve got my protagonist’s Desire and misbelief down but not his fear, and I’ve got of my side character’s Desire and fear down but not his misbelief
Kaithen- Protagonist
Desire: To be more then just an errand boy, to be more then one who…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Switching Gears: I'm Writing An Allegorical Fantasy Now! in the forum Biblical Fiction 4 years, 11 months ago
Oh, those character struggles are very good. Your story line gives that pleasurable ache deep inside by which one knows it’s good.
Amen!
-
Koshka replied to the topic Switching Gears: I'm Writing An Allegorical Fantasy Now! in the forum Biblical Fiction 4 years, 11 months ago
Question; is it an allegory of David?
- Load More
