-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Writing Romantic Subplots! in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
Of course! And yes I got it right, tho in the actual series (u may be thinking of the AUs) Grimm and Lyn’s relationship grows overtime.
So they aren’t obviously blood siblings, but Nyx was given to Jocelyn as a kit, the only one discovered of his kind by a man named Lander (who secretly has a large impact on Lyn’s life…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
Feel free to add whoever, it can get hard to keep track of with a lot. I think we each have two in right now. 🙂
@theloonyone @loopylin @kielah-h @lightoverdarkness6
Allow me to remove Kaine and Everly from the castle, its going to be awkward but we’ll just pretend it worked just fine….
Kaine
Kaine stares at Crosshair. He turns…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Writing Romantic Subplots! in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
Honestly it’s sorta like what happens with Nyx, Grimm and Jocelyn in my book series, except you have a bit of leeway due to it being in comic form 😊
Oh yeah! I know a little bit about them… Nyx is a fox… right? And I might be getting this wrong, Jocelyn is his sister? And she and Grimm are together, right? Mind if I ask how a f…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Writing Romantic Subplots! in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
Now as for the loud Vs quiet…I would advice steering clear of Layson changing and becoming totally quiet to please Kaine or changing himself completely, but he can adjust a few things maybe to be just a bit calmer around the boy until he becomes more familiar with him, but Kaine will also need to grow too as the time goes on.…
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Writing Romantic Subplots! in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
Okay, gotcha didn’t realize it was a comic but that’s super cool!
So with that awkward scene…I think if you make it a comedic scene since it’s a comic it would work out a bit better, and then perhaps later have Everly realize “Ah wait a minute this guys actually different then what I originally thought” meanwhile Layson’s on…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Writing Romantic Subplots! in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
Not exactly sure what you mean by pov characters…
It’s eventually going to be comic style, so there isn’t much of a pov. Anybody’s thoughts can be shown too.
Layson is 19, I think Everly is 22. Layson is really mature for his age.
Oh I’m not sure if I want them to get married in the book, I think it might be a ending thing…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Writing Romantic Subplots! in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
Also, how old is Layson and Everly?
do they get married in this book? If not, then u can play with time and leave the readers with their own thoughts on what happens after the story “ends.”
In truth, showing their relationship developing isn’t all that hard. It’s mainly a point of not rushing them into things, just as we wouldn’t want to h…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Writing Romantic Subplots! in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Writing Romantic Subplots! in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 @anyone else who wants to help!
Oh, great advice!
So here’s my problem:
Kaine, Everly’s younger brother has been caring for here pretty intensely since she got injured about 6 months prior. Exuasting himself so that she can be comfortable has basically become a way of life for him. He feels it’s the least he can do, because she…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Writing Romantic Subplots! in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
@felicity ah yes. You cannot flirt to convert, something my father and grandfather (also the pastor and bishop of our church) preaches.
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Writing Romantic Subplots! in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
Again, plz share ur specific issues with ur subplots, etc so we can help u out as best we can!
-
GodlyFantasy12 started the topic Writing Romantic Subplots! in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
@koshka @elishavet-pidyon @mineralizedwritings @esther-c @whalekeeper @gracie-j @felicity @anybody-else XD
Soo this topic has been made due to some keeper that seems to be needing some help, and also this topic would probably be useful for a lot of us, since I’m sure quite a few of us have some sort of romantic subplot in our stories, wether b…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic What is your characters greatest fear? And what is their greatest love? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
Oh I like it! Interesting fears there, a lot of ones I don’t usually see in books!
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic When is dark writing no longer writing for God? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years, 9 months ago
How about we make a forum topic for romance subplots? If y’all want to?
Yeah! That sounds good.
As for Paxton….
IKR?! Quite honestly idk. I just have a thing for adorable little boys and had to have one in my series. Plus it does make the things he go thru…a lot worse…but, also makes the happier parts, the hope he keeps a…
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic What is your characters greatest fear? And what is their greatest love? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
Thanks! No that’s ok! I get it! And yeah it is a lot to catch up on 😅
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic What is your characters greatest fear? And what is their greatest love? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
@mineralizedwritings I just responded to it lol!!
Ill probs talk about him in that
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic What is your characters greatest fear? And what is their greatest love? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
lol no I have not met him! Feel free to share about him if you like!
I actually asked you about your experience in charrie romances in another forum… I believe you may have missed it XD
But anyways I would love some advice if you have any XD I have no idea what I’m doing with it
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic When is dark writing no longer writing for God? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years, 9 months ago
@felicity imo, I wouldn’t trade Christian value for historical accuracy.
The way I see it, people won’t notice if language isn’t there, but they will notice if it is.
make sense?
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic When is dark writing no longer writing for God? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years, 9 months ago
@mineralizedwritings @whalekeeper
Ahh….romance *sighs dreamily and falls onto a large bed XD*
How about we make a forum topic for romance subplots? If y’all want to?
As for Paxton….
IKR?! Quite honestly idk. I just have a thing for adorable little boys and had to have one in my series. Plus it does make the things he go thru…a lot wor…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic What is your characters greatest fear? And what is their greatest love? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
@mineralizedwritings XD XD so that begs me to ask…
Have u met my Charrie Arthur? Lol he’s a Charrie from the second series idea I’ve got. He’s kinda like Shawn
- Load More
