-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic My Villain Needs Some Help in the forum Characters 3 years, 6 months ago
Len’s parents could have been involved in some kind of dangerous or just forbidden movement, but I’m not sure exactly how that would fit into your plot. Or maybe they were killed by members of that movement/society. If they were members of the society, then Len’s redemption arc could have something to do with figuring that out, and…[Read more]
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 6 months ago
They look really great! I can’t draw humans at all, but I’m okay at dragons lol.
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 6 months ago
I don’t quite have a system yet, but I’m basically starting by slowly introducing the words. For example, “om,” “ur,” and “bryn” are all mentioned in the naming of Dune’s ships. The others will most likely be introduced when there are other Felisaro present.
That works really well! And I’d love to see it. I’m working…[Read more]
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 6 months ago
Yeah. I never want there to be any cursing in my books, so instead I just say in the writing something like “they cursed” instead of saying the words, especially because in that world expressions would be different. Some yell “blazes!” instead, which has been used before by other writers, but I would much rather do that than have actual…[Read more]
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 6 months ago
Thanks! It’s just bits and pieces right now, but it’s coming together.
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 6 months ago
“She” as in Rina. Just realized I never clarified. 😅
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 6 months ago
While there might be at some point, I have not yet figured out an ipa chart for it. There is very little standardized grammatical structure, if any, and it would definitely lean towards chaotic yet efficient for secrecy. Most Felisaro are very loyal. The fact that Dune, a character introduced later, is a rogue, endangers the…[Read more]
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 6 months ago
I don’t have everything figured out for the secret language in Healer, but I know it will be fairly random, as they are hoping to keep secrecy by keeping it completely separate from normal language. However, there may be some similarites.
Om- Good.
Ur- Bad.
Bryn- Fortune.
Ka- Attack; fight.
Zyr- Escape; leave; get out.
Those…[Read more]
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic What's a question??? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
Why do we bake cookies and cook bacon?
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?
Why did Tarzan never have a beard? (This one bothers me for some reason lol)
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 6 months ago
It just depends on how you play it. The “in the air” version is more fun to me, and at our church we get really competitive with it. I’m one of the tallest so I always end up going against the older highschoolers.
By the way, I never thought the idea of skipping while walking made sense. And it is something a cartoony five-year-old would do lol
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 3 years, 6 months ago
Hi digital-art peoples, could you tell me what some of the best softwares are for digital art? And also animation, if you dabble in that as well? Like I’ve mentioned before, I’m getting an art tablet this summer. I don’t want to use scrappy software, ya know?
-
whaley replied to the topic Guessing Story Elements From Songs! in the forum Music 3 years, 6 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 Wow, I didn’t expect November to have powers. I thought you were going for the normal underdog in a magical world trope.
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Its been a while in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 6 months ago
I’m new here, but it’s nice to see you’re back!
I’m Solfyre, and I’m about to go into highschool. I love anything to do with reading, writing, music, and I write mainly fantasy, though I have branched out to sci-fi, historical fiction, and mystery lately. I have not played violin much, but I play guitar and have some skill in piano and…[Read more]
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Hello, fellow writers! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 6 months ago
You’re totally fine!
I actually have a ring of cards in my room and am kind of starting to learn ASL on my own. I have a kind of dictionary for it, and I need to keep up with it more. 😅
Okay, so it’s a game where there are poles set up to create nine different squares above the players’ heads. The player in the middle square…[Read more]
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 6 months ago
It looks really cool! (And now the profile pic makes sense lol)
Doing a graphic novel would be awesome! Would you do the art for it? Just curious🙂. The profile looks really good.
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic What's a question??? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
(Alright, bye! I’ll look forward to it 🙂)
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic What's a question??? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
(We can just do standard, if that’s okay with you. Go ahead and send the link. I doubt I could do it with my lack of tech skills lol)
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic What's a question??? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
(Yep, I am! Just let me know a time. Now or later works.)
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic What's a question??? in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 6 months ago
(First, C. S. Lewis is just awesome in general. Great writer, and maybe an even better apologist. And as for chess, I’d love to play you once I’m done with lunch.)
Do you use chess.com or something else?
-
whaley started the topic Guessing Story Elements From Songs! in the forum Music 3 years, 6 months ago
I had this fun idea this morning. On this thread, you can post a list of songs that seem to fit your WIP – but don’t tell us what the WIP is. It’s a guessing game. Everyone else has to guess why you chose that song, and what it has to do with your story. You could use well-known songs, like from Disney or old classics, or something new. Just as…[Read more]
- Load More
