@mineralizedwritings
Active 3 months, 3 weeks ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3200
-
whaley replied to the topic Writing Villains in the forum Characters 1 year, 10 months ago
I have some random prompts if that helps in tandem with Otherworldly’s advice.
– The villain is one of your protagonists, gone wrong.
– They have a design that completely contrasts the protagonist (if the protagonist is made of round organic shapes and colors, the villain is the opposite). Or maybe they have a similar design.
– Seems…[Read more]
-
Loopy replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 10 months ago
That’s so cute! I wonder what kind of adventure the little fox is on. I love the scenery and the cute cartoony style! 💕
-
Loopy replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 10 months ago
oh I really like that idea. Two of my favorite things combined plus a little conflict <33
I would have to turn Lucky into some kind of alien, though.
-
Loopy replied to the topic Writing Villains in the forum Characters 1 year, 10 months ago
Thanks! That is really helpful.
I guess in that case, I think my two main characters are actually antagonists to each other, maybe. They have opposite character arcs/ fatal flaws and kinda end up meeting in the middle at the end.
My other WIPs also need villains so I’ll probably be referencing this again.
-
whaley replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
Yay, okay! @keilah-h @theducktator are you guys interested in running into our group? We can either make it peaceful or go for a surprise fight, I’m game for whatever. XD
As if on cue, the walls around them began to rumble, the floor shook, and a loud hiss sounded behind the group.
I’m curious to find out what this is, lol.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Talking about are Fanfics in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
@theshadow here ya go:
“So, after ye shot Sniper…” Demo began as Medic worked on the slash in his leg.
“Technically, I was only present when he was shot.” Medic corrected, his tail flicking in annoyance at how everyone seemed to make that mistake.
Demo didn’t seem to notice. “…ye brought him back from the dead?”
“Ingeniously so, yes.”…
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Couple RP! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
@theshadow That was beautiful, and making me wanna write a song despite the fact that I have no songwriting ability.
also I found that aforementioned conversation, but i’ll post it in the fanfic forum instead of this one lol
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 10 months ago
@ellette-giselle wow!
also don’t worry about your signature being messy. That’s just how signatures are.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
@liberty oooh I loved that!
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
I figured you probably knew, but just wanted go make sure. Because otherwise I would start rambling about stuff without defining things, like I normally do. XD
Yeah, I either lump it into personality or give it a category
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
That’s true, the rewrite was.
The one paragraph where you said something along the lines of, make the enemy rejoice when you’re out of the fight, seemed taken straight from that quote (C.S. Lewis?) I could see modern believers saying something like that, but I don’t think it would be a well-known phrase in this world. Maybe p…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
Yay!!! A happy part this time!! 🥲
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Couple RP! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
XD that would be very in character.
yeah, I read that in one of the tie-in comics and was like “ohhhh, that actually makes a weird amount of sense.”
there’s also a convo between Medic and Demo about how every time Medic tries to give him a new eye, something bad always happens to it and them as a result, and Medic’s come to the…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 10 months ago
Ooh, have you considered a space circus troupe? If you’re figuring out where to put her, that is. Seems like something one of your main characters (like one of the twins) could run away to in a fit of anger, and have some time to think.
I like how you stylized the trees, very cute!
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
Not exactly sure what you mean by that……..
Psychology is the study of the human mind and its functions, especially those affecting behavior in a given context. (I just pulled that off Oxford Languages. XD)
I like to add psychological stuff to my character charts. It can tell me why the character wants what he wants.
For exa…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
XD I should have known.
I’m quite disturbed because we like the same things so often. It seems like our personalities are different enough, though.
He’s the only writing channel I’m subscribed to. He’s simultaneously hilarious and extremely helpful. I love it.
Yep. I used to learn a lot from Abbie Emmons. She was helpful when I was first…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Couple RP! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
@theshadow yep. Typical of those two, isn’t it?
I believe the canon reason Demo lost his eye was cause he was reading the wrong kind of book and got blasted in the face with a magic laser beam. LOL.
Where did Valve Software come up with this stuff anyway??? XD XD
also anyone wanna take a turn roleplaying?
-
Loopy replied to the topic The magic Potato knows best in the forum Art 1 year, 10 months ago
Magic potato, havoc potato, what potato am I? :]
-
Loopy replied to the topic Writing Villains in the forum Characters 1 year, 10 months ago
Already asked this in the chat chat, but then realized there’s already a topic for it.
Anyway, I could use some help.
How do y’all create villains? Are they necessary for a story? How do you tell a story without them?
Im kinda stuck rn because I don’t know how to create villains, but my story doesn’t really have enough conflict without one. I’…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Question about religion in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 10 months ago
Yeah, that’s a really good way to put it!
- Load More
