-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Dragon-Snapper I would love to keep going, but I have some other projects I need to work on so I don’t think I can. 🙁 Nice writing with you even for a short time, though. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus I got 608 written, what about you?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hello. My name is Anne Swiftblade… in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
Welcome, welcome, and thrice welcome, @Anne-Swiftblade!!! I dub thee Swiftblade the Messenger… or should it be assassin? Which do you prefer? 😛 I think the role of Messenger would better fit a KeePer… 😉
Anyway. I’m Kate. Hi. I’m also a dragon, as you can see by my profile pic. Welcome again. Can’t wait to see you around.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hello. My name is Anne Swiftblade… in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
Welcome, welcome, and thrice welcome, @Anna-Swiftblade!!! I dub thee Swiftblade the Messenger… or should it be assassin? Which do you prefer? 😛 I think the role of Messenger would better fit a KeePer… 😉
Anyway. I’m Kate. Hi. I’m also a dragon, as you can see by my profile pic. Welcome again. Can’t wait to see you around.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus with you all the way.
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@kate-flournoy: Haven’t read Hunchback of Notre Dame yet, so I have no opinions to share. =P I actually haven’t really read any of Victor Hugo, just seen the movie for Les Mis… >.> I should probably work on changing that eventually!
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@kate-flournoy: Haven’t read Hunchback of Notre Dame yet, so I have no opinions to share. =P I actually haven’t really read any of Victor Hugo, just seen the movie for Les Mis… >.> I should probably work on changing that eventually. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Oh wow @Daeus, really… I’m glad I asked. Here’s my question though. How can the author who wrote Les Miserables write anything either soulless or themeless????? How is that even physically possible?? Grrrrrr… classical authors are so contradictory. 🙁
Yes @Christi-Eaton, Les Mis is definitely one of my favorites. But… uh… Madame…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Hey guys, has anyone on here read The Hunchback of Notre Dame, by Victor Hugo? I haven’t, but I’m loving Les Miserables to BITS and I’ve been wanting to read it. I thought I’d get others’ opinions before I do, though, because unfortunately I’ve learned that classical authors can write inspiring masterpieces AND complete junk. :/
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Lying in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus flipping through old topics and I just thought I’d drop you a line and let you know your argument makes more sense than mine looking back. I agree. 🙂 Duty is ours, consequence is God’s, and better to follow what the Bible commands than what it possibly does not condemn. ‘Preciate you being patient and gracious through the intricacies of…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic It's Time for War. ~NaNoWriMo'16~ in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Aella I would love to do (or at least try) NaNo someday, ‘but today is not that day!’ (Since we’re going with battle speeches here. *wink*) Mainly, life is too busy for that at this point. I wish you all luck though. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Book of John Literary Study in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@His-Instrument I’ll try to do this as much as I can because it’s fascinating and I love this kind of stuff, but I have to tell you I probably won’t be able to do it all at all times because we’re just getting back into school, AND getting ready for a family vacation out west. I’ll chime in whenever I can, but that mightn’t be frequently.…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Sorry @Daeus your tag notification didn’t come through. :/ But, I got 1,025 written so I’m very happy.
And thank you. Always appreciated. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus me. See ya.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Book of John Literary Study in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Great topic @His-Instrument! I haven’t read John in a while, but I do remember he did a great job of sticking to his ‘theme’— Jesus as the Son of God. All the ‘proof’, if you will, of Christ being the Messiah. John chose the stories (plot threads 😀 ) that illustrated and played into his chosen theme, though he acknowledged that there was so…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Hey, has anyone ever had a little sibling say something completely obvious yet hilariously funny at the same time? Last night we were reading about Jacob and Esau, and tonight Mom asked the little ones if they remembered what the brothers had been fighting over. Without missing a blink, and totally serious, five-year-old Samantha replied ‘Soup’.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Dear fellow dragon, I am unfortunately just stopping and heading to bed. 🙁 Wish I could. Best of luck though.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
@GracieKry yes, I can definitely see Tolkien in the 25th sonnet. 😉 And it was @Daeus, I believe, who invented ‘bestistest’. 😉
@Gretald um… Henry IV and Henry V, Hamlet, The Taming of the Shrew (I was literally named after Katharina 😉 ) Much Ado About Nothing… I also really liked Cymbaline, though the main plot thread was atrocious. I loved…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 1 month ago
@GracieKry yes, I can definitely see Tolkien in the 25th sonnet. 😉
@Gretald um… Henry IV and Henry V, Hamlet, The Taming of the Shrew (I was literally named after Katharina 😉 ) Much Ado About Nothing… I also really liked Cymbaline, though the main plot thread was atrocious. I loved it for the secondary plot thread, and pretty much nothing…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus they weren’t like general notes on general things that needed stepping up, is what I meant. If that were the case, and you went through fifteen of them— wow! 😀
- Load More


