Hello. My name is Anne Swiftblade…

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hello. My name is Anne Swiftblade…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Anne Swiftblade
    @anne-swiftblade
      • Total Posts: 84

Hello Kingdom Pen!
      Wow that feels good. I am a… person. Yes. And I am new! Yes again. Well, I like books, and music, and art, and a lot of other stuff too. Including *dramatic music here* writing! I know! I’m not big on introductions about me so… yeah!
      Well, I should say a few other things I suppose.
      I like to write and read in most genres but adventure and fantasy are the top two. I also like allegories a lot. Narnia, the Kingdom series, and the Lord of the Rings are my three favorite allegory type stories.
      Ok. I’m done. Introduce yourselves please!

Christine Eaton
      @christi-eaton
        • Total Posts: 306

@anne-swiftblade AHH! My fellow adventurer and friend, I’ve been waiting for the day when you have joined this Kingdom. May I be the first to say WELCOME TO THE BESTESTIEST PLACE ON THE INTERNETS!

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

Anne Swiftblade
        @anne-swiftblade

Haha! So glad to see a familiar face. Hello, and thank you for that warm (though compleatly expected) welcome

Christine Eaton
          @christi-eaton
            • Total Posts: 306

@anne-swiftblade (Also are you doing anything tonight? I’m bored and want to come over.) 😉

Theater kid. Currently depressed because I can't stop listening to sad musicals.

Hope Ann
            @hope
              • Total Posts: 1092

Welcome, @anne-swiftblade. I love your username…swiftblade. That conjures up a number of cool pictures. 😉

Lord of the Rings. YES! Me too.

Fantasy. Another YES! What are you working on right now?

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Kate Flournoy
              @kate-flournoy
                • Total Posts: 3976

Welcome, welcome, and thrice welcome, @Anne-Swiftblade!!! I dub thee Swiftblade the Messenger… or should it be assassin? Which do you prefer? 😛 I think the role of Messenger would better fit a KeePer… 😉

Anyway. I’m Kate. Hi. I’m also a dragon, as you can see by my profile pic. Welcome again. Can’t wait to see you around.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Kate Flournoy.
                Anne Swiftblade
                @anne-swiftblade

@hope ann! Wonderful to make your acquaintance! Currently I’m working on about twenty different short stories and two novels. A handfull but I love it! And when I get stuck on one I can work on another.
                  My main novel takes place on the high seas of the Caribbean. Pirates and everything. *raises cutlass in salute*
                  The stories are all over the place. No really. ALL over. In distant kingdoms, different worlds, past, present, future,… and some other strange places. Anyway! The life of a writer is certainly NEVER boring. Am I right? Or am I write?
                  *giggles* see what I did there?

Anne Swiftblade
                  @anne-swiftblade

@kate! Hello! People always say the pen is greater than the sword. I believe a Messenger would suit me just fine! I wouldn’t much like the orher job. Far to messy… yick.
                    Oh and sorry to desert my role as a dragon. I love it, (don’t get me wrong!) but it’s very hard to type… ?

Sarah Hoven
                    @sarah-h
                      • Total Posts: 669

@Anne-Swiftblade Welcome! Your username is cool; you sound like a character in a medieval adventure novel. Wow, you’ve written quite a lot. Good for you! 🙂

Daeus
                      @daeus
                        • Total Posts: 4238

Hi Anne *waves*

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Snapper
                        @dragon-snapper
                          • Total Posts: 3515

@anne-swiftblade

@kate-flournoy
                          is not the only dragon on Kingdom. I am Dragon Snapper, (not a snapping dragon, btw) and I like mangoes. I know that Kate has a dragon pic, and I used to, but I changed it to a beautiful picture of some sort of pine tree.
                          I love LOTR and Narnia as well…but what is this Kingdom series you speak of? Pray tell, who is the author that I may seek out his books and delve into another chronicles of books.
                          Anyways, welcome to the greatest forum ever (not that I’ve been on any others) and I look forward to knowing more about you.
                          Beware: dragons have very taciturn temperaments. Do not tap on glass or pet the dragons.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Ingrid
                          @ingridrd
                            • Total Posts: 830

Welcome, welcome, @Anne-Swiftblade!
                            Narnia and Lord of the Rings? You’re my kind of girl!
                            Can’t wait to get to know you!

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Tatiana
                            @belegteleri
                              • Total Posts: 97

I have poked my head out of the shadows of school sports and college English classes to welcome thee, @Anne-Swiftblade, to the fantastic world that is Kingdom Pen! I am so glad you’re here, especially since we share an affinity for Narnia, the Kingdom series, and Lord of the Rings! Do you have a favorite book or character from each of these stories mentioned?

Anne Swiftblade
                              @anne-swiftblade

Hello @Sarah Hoven! Thank you. I like my name as well! (actually my mother made it up for me when I became a pirate. long story.)

Hello @Daeus *waves back*

@Dragon-Snapper
                                , @Ingrid, and @Tatiana (love your name by the way!) may I just say you guys read awesome books! Haha and so do I.

@Dragon-Snapper
                                , to answer your question about the kingdom series. They are written by a man named Chuck Black. It starts basically at creation and the fall and goes into Revelation. There are six books but they aren’t long. I have read this collection maybe three times. They are simply smashing!

I’m very glad to find and meet so many who love the same books I do! @Tatiana, I think that my favorite characters would include Repacheep and Edmond from Narnia, Gandalf and Aragorn from LOTR, and Tess and Leinad from the Kingdom books.

Some other books I love include The Mark of the Lion series, The Fiddler’s Gun and the Fiddler’s Green, The Witch of Blackbird Pond, The Ranger’s Apprentice books, The Hero’s Guide to Saving the Kingdom, and To Kill a Mockingbird. Just to name a few 😉

BlueJay
                                @bluejay
                                  • Total Posts: 1622

@anne-swiftblade Does that pirate name have anything to do with your profile picture and Tinkerbell? I acted in a Peter Pan Pantomime a few years back and got the role of Peter which was very exciting.

I love the Kingdom Series, and The Witch of Blackbird Pond and The Ranger’s Apprentice. (with fixing)
                                  And I LOVE Narnia. 🙂 Peter is my favourite character. 🙂 And I love Tess (my name) and Keanna.

Have fun on KP. It’s an awesome website. 🙂 Welcome!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by BlueJay.
                                Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >