Hello!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Graciekry
    @graciekry
      • Total Posts: 4

Hi!My name is Grace Krynicki. I am a born-again Christian first and foremost, but I am also a music teacher, an ISFJ, a blogger, and a homeschooler. I enjoy reading, writing, arithmetic (I had to mention all of the three Rs :)) studying MBTI and history, and playing music. I am currently writing my first novel and blog at learnedinthelore.wordpress.com (I just started that one), agreatreader.com (with my sister), and aheartdevoted.com (with the same sister and a friend). My favorite fiction authors are J.R.R. Tolkien, William Shakespeare, Jane Austen, and C.S. Lewis, and my favorite fictional book is “The Lord of the Rings” with “Hamlet” and “The Hobbit” directly following.
      Well, that about covers it!

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

@graciekry Sweet stuff. Blogging sounds fun, though I’ve never really done it.

What’s your story about?

Oh! I forgot to tell you. Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

BlueJay
        @bluejay
          • Total Posts: 1622

@graciekry Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, etc, etc, etc. (Which means so on and so forth. *King and I*)
          I can’t believe @daeus beat me to it. Oh well, Welcome to the bestitstest place on earth. *grins cheekily.*
          Ooo I love Jane Austin. I have just read the sequel to Pride and Prejudice. It is written by a different author, Julia Barret, but it’s just as good.
          Have fun exploring KP. There are some awesome topics going. I look forward to seeing you around. 🙂
          *can I say it one more time?* WELCOME!!!! *giggles sheepishly*

Kate Flournoy
          @kate-flournoy
            • Total Posts: 3976

@Graciekry ANOTHER SHAKESPEARE LOVER!!!!!! Oh I’m so excited! I actually really love a lot of his work, but it seems like not much of anybody else is really into it nowadays. Maybe I just haven’t asked enough people. 😉

What’s your favorite play besides Hamlet? Have you read The Taming of the Shrew? Macbeth? Henry IV? Henry V? Richard the Third? Much Ado About Nothing?
            I’ve read a lot more than that, but those are my favorites. Some of them I really like and really dislike at the same time, if you know what I mean. 😛 And I found A Midsummer Night’s Dream highly overrated.
            Have you read any of his sonnets? There are only two worth reading in my opinion— 116, I think it is (‘Let me not to the marriage of true minds admit impediments; love is not love that alters when it alteration finds…’ etc.) and… er… doh, what’ the number. 25! Yes, 25. I have to post it just because it’s so beautiful.

Let those who are in favour with their stars,
            Of public honour and proud titles boast,
            Whilst I, whom fortune of such triumph bars,
            Unlook’d for joy in that I honour most.
            Great princes’ favourites their fair leaves spread
            But as the marigold at the sun’s eye;
            And in themselves their pride lies buried,
            For at a frown they in their glory die.
            The painful warrior famoused for worth,
            After a thousand victories once foil’d,
            Is from the book of honour razed quite,
            And all the rest forgot for which he toil’d:
            Then happy I, that love and am beloved
            Where I may not remove nor be removed.

Oh, yeah— welcome to the forum. So glad to have you here. 😉

Snapper
            @dragon-snapper
              • Total Posts: 3515

Welcome to the forum, @graciekry!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Snapper.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Sarah Hoven
              @sarah-h
                • Total Posts: 669

Hi, Gracie! Though it has been said many times, one more time can’t hurt: Welcome to forum, and the Realm of the KeePers, and the bestistest place on the web! 🙂 🙂 🙂 I hope you have fun here! 🙂

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Sarah Hoven.
                Anonymous
                  • Total Posts: 1486

@graciekry welcome! Wow, you work on three blogs? I can’t even keep up with one :).
                  Which LOTR book is your favorite?

Greta
                  @gretald
                    • Total Posts: 450

@graciekry, Hello! It’s nice to meet you. 🙂
                    I love, love, LOVE Shakespeare, Tolkien, Austen, and Lewis!!! What are your favorite Shakespeare plays? I’d have to say my favorite is “Much Ado About Nothing,” though I really love “Macbeth,” as well. 😉 What are your favorite Jane Austen books? Have you read her lesser-known (but still amazing) novels: “Northanger Abbey” and “Mansfield Park?” I just finished “Mansfield Park,” and I really enjoyed it. 🙂
                    Cool, I’ll have to check out your blogs! 😉
                    Once again, welcome to the forum, Gracie!

Oh, and @kate-flournoy, I didn’t know you liked Shakespeare! What are your favorite plays?

Haley Long
                    @hislittlerose
                      • Total Posts: 24

Welcome to our little kingdom here! That’s really amazing you write for three blogs!! 🙂

Rolena Hatfield
                      @rolena-hatfield
                        • Total Posts: 405

Hello! So glad you’re here! Don’t hesitate to jump on in and join the discussions! I got to check out your website a great reader. I’m excited to know about it! I’ll probably be using that as reference in the future. 🙂

https://rolenahatfield.com/

Jess
                        @jess
                          • Total Posts: 575

@graciekry, Hi and welcome! Another homeschooler! *high fives you* I am an INTJ, (and female) so that’s sort of cool, since I’m the rarest type (4 out of 500). I’m really into MBTI too! 🙂 What kind of music do you teach/play. I play piano, but I would like to learn guitar, violin, harp, ukulele… and the list keeps going.

Graciekry
                          @graciekry
                            • Total Posts: 4

Hello again, all!

Deaus- Hello! Yeah, blogging is really fun. My book is a version of the King Arthur legends. I have a strange obsession with the legendarium, but I have not ever found a version of the story that I really liked, so I decided to write one myself. It’s been going pretty well so far. 🙂

Bluejay- Thank you for the many welcomes! I think that I have read all of Austen’s works, and I think that Pride and Prejudice is my favorite. Which is yours? I have not actually heard of the sequel, but I will have to look into that!
                            Thank you again for the many welcomes! (I like “The King and I” too. :))

Kate Flournoy- Yes! I love meeting people who also love Shakespeare! Ooh, my second favorite play… I think that King Richard III might just be my second favorite. I did read The Taming of the Shrew, and Macbeth, Much Ado About Nothing, and most of his other works, but Henry V was one of the only ones I have not read. Oh, A Midsummer Night’s Dream was actually the first that I read, and I thought it was awful! I have no idea why I continued reading Shakespeare after that, but I am glad that I did!

I did read all of his sonnets, and did not like most of them, but I remember really enjoying a few. 25 was beautiful! It reminds me of some of Tolkien’s poems in LotR. 🙂
                            I cannot wait to see you around more on the forums!

Thank you, Dragon Snapper! See you around!

Hello, Sarah Hoven, and thank you for the welcome! My sister Hannah tells me that this is the bestistest (who came up with that word, and how? :)) place on the internet. I’ll have to look around some more!

Gabrielle- Hi! Well, I try to post regularly on the blogs, but with school, my book, etc. I end up not posting very regularly :). Thankfully, I have some blogging partners for two of those blogs!
                            Oh, this is going to be impossible! Picking a favorite LotR book? 🙂 Let me think….. I’m pretty sure that The Return of the King is my favorite overall, though The Fellowship of the Ring has so many parts that I love!

Greta- Hi! Are you the Greta that comments on hannahakrynicki.wordpress.com? That’s my sister’s blog, so I was wondering. 🙂 Oh yes, another Shakespeare, Tolkien, Austen, and Lewis lover! “Much Ado About Nothing” was my favorite play for awhile, but then I read Richard III and Hamlet. 🙂 Have you read those two? Richard III was so funny, and Hamlet was just wonderful for the entire play. I’m pretty sure that Hamlet was Shakespeare’s best. 🙂 I’ve read every single Jane Austen book, I think, (including “A History of England”, which was really funny), and I’m pretty certain that “Pride and Prejudice” was my favorite. I did really like “Sense and Sensibility”, though. I liked “Northanger Abbey”, I know, but I don’t remember much about it. Was it the one with gothic novels? “Mansfield Park” was pretty good, I thought, though it was incredibly long for Austen.
                            Have you read many of Charles Dickens’ books?

Hello, Haley Long! It’s actually not very amazing, since I rarely post on them… :), but thank you! My goodness, you guys are so welcoming!

Rolena Hatfield- Thank you! I was a little nervous to jump in immediately, but if you say that it’s fine to do that okay! Thanks for reading my blog!

Jess- Whoa, you have a lot in common with me and with my older sister! She’s an INTJ too. It’s great that you like MBTI! I don’t often meet people who are really into it like I am. I’ve been playing the piano for nine years, and that is what I am teaching. I’m still learning the guitar and the violin (and I am not wonderful at either yet), and I been learning how to sing for the past eight months or so. I want to learn the flute (especially the Irish flute, because that sounds like bagpipes) and the harp, but I’m not sure either of those things will happen anytime soon. 🙂

Wow, you guys are all so welcoming! Thank you all so much again! I cannot wait to talk to you all more!

ClaireC
                            @clairec
                              • Total Posts: 628

@graceiekry, Welcome. Hope you enjoy this wonderful forum *clears throat* sorry, the BESTISTEST place on earth!

Official Member of the Certified Club of Aussie Kapeefers

Kate Flournoy
                              @kate-flournoy
                                • Total Posts: 3976

@GracieKry yes, I can definitely see Tolkien in the 25th sonnet. 😉 And it was @Daeus, I believe, who invented ‘bestistest’. 😉

@Gretald
                                um… Henry IV and Henry V, Hamlet, The Taming of the Shrew (I was literally named after Katharina 😉 ) Much Ado About Nothing… I also really liked Cymbaline, though the main plot thread was atrocious. I loved it for the secondary plot thread, and pretty much nothing else.
                                And frankly, Romeo and Juliet is junk. I don’t know why people consider it his greatest.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Kate Flournoy.
                                Ingrid
                                @ingridrd
                                  • Total Posts: 830

Hello and welcome, @graciekry, to the…agh, too many people have already said it. *shrugs*
                                  I am also a huge Lord of the Rings fan! High five! I’ve only ever read Much Ado About Nothing of Shakespeare’s, and I loved it so I’m planning on reading more in the near future.
                                  Anyway, welcome!

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >