Chatter

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 210 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 1486

@Daeus What’s the Noah conference?

Daeus
      @daeus
        • Total Posts: 4238

@winter-rose A conference coming up really soon. Don’t know who it’s by actually, but it’s got AIG, Generations, the Benhams, and some others. It got packed out a while ago (partially due to the fact you got ark tickets with registration.)

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Kate Flournoy
        @kate-flournoy
          • Total Posts: 3976

Hey, has anyone ever had a little sibling say something completely obvious yet hilariously funny at the same time? Last night we were reading about Jacob and Esau, and tonight Mom asked the little ones if they remembered what the brothers had been fighting over. Without missing a blink, and totally serious, five-year-old Samantha replied ‘Soup’.

Sarah Hoven
          @sarah-h
            • Total Posts: 669

Ha, that’s funny. I have a four-year-old brother, and he’s so funny when he is serious.

Hannah R.
            @his-instrument
              • Total Posts: 229

@hope I know I’m like eleven pages late but I wanted to comment on Beyond the Mask. I have a friend who helped with costumes in that movie and she actually appears in one scene. When Will and Charlotte are dancing together, there’s a lady with a model ship in her wig. That’s my friend, McKenna Rosen, and her dad is her partner. 🙂 I thought it was a great movie.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Hannah R..

YA Fantasy Writer
              Obsessive Character Namer
              Find me at hisinstrumentblog.wordpress.com

Hope Ann
              @hope
                • Total Posts: 1092

@his-instrument That is so neat! I’ll have to watch for that the next time I watch the movie. 🙂

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Sarah Hoven
                @sarah-h

@kate-flournoy @daeus I just wanted to say, thank you guys for staying friendly when we were debating a while back. My brother has entangled himself in an evolution debate on a secular forum, and some of the evolutionist commenters are really mean. I’m glad it’s not like that on here.

Daeus
                  @daeus
                    • Total Posts: 4238

@sarah-h Oooh, taking the heat is he? I’m glad I wasn’t too rough. I almost wondered if I was.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Hope Ann
                    @hope

@sarah-h I got into a year long debate with an evolutionist online once. I mainly had to deal with condescension and some rudeness, but nothing too bad…at least not for me since when it comes to things like that, I frankly don’t care what people think of me. It was quite an experience though.

Kate Flournoy
                      @kate-flournoy
                        • Total Posts: 3976

Ooh, wifi on vacation! Yessss

*ahem* You’re quite welcome, @Sarah-H. 😀 As I see it, the only purpose of debate is to discuss and discover truth, and anything besides firm respect and consideration is, at the very least, completely unnecessary. I do my best to live by that rule.
                        And good for your brother he’s willing to stand up and defend what he believes. I hope it goes well. I’ll be praying.

@Hope

I frankly don’t care what people think of me.

INTJ. 😉

Hope Ann
                        @hope

@Kate-flournoy Oh look who has wifi! *runs off to type up email* *heads back* And yes, why should I care what people think? I care more about what someone says about my writing than what anyone says about me. 😉

Sarah Hoven
                          @sarah-h

@daeus Oh no, you weren’t. We were actually having a conversation. With my brother, he would present his argument, and people would just call him bad names instead of countering with their side. He was making his case pretty well, so this morning the leader called him an “antiscience *bleep*” and banned him from the conversation.

@kate-flournoy
                            Thanks for praying. 🙂

BlueJay
                            @bluejay
                              • Total Posts: 1622

@sarah-h That’s terrible. 🙁 🙁 🙁 Are there any specific prayer requests you or your brother have and would like me to pray? I love to. 🙂

ClaireC
                              @clairec
                                • Total Posts: 628

@sarah-h. I agree with @bluejay. If you have any prayer requests please let us know. 🙂

Official Member of the Certified Club of Aussie Kapeefers

Sarah Hoven
                                @sarah-h

@bluejay @clairec Oh, thank you! He’s sleeping right now, but tomorrow I’ll ask him about it. From what I’ve seen though, I think he needs help arguing in a way that doesn’t make the other side super defensive. I guess you would call it tactfulness? He’s never had a conversation like this before, and he’s learning the hard way. Some other people stood up for him and said it was wrong to ban someone just for having a different opinion, so he’s back in the debate, which is neat.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 210 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >