@mark-kamibaya
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 318
-
Snapper replied to the topic Bless us and splash us, Precious, another Newbie! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@emma-flournoy Actually, I used the Hobbit. The Return of the King version is a more modern version of dwarvish. The Hobbit is the older tongue.
@ethryndal Only the runes. I don’t know how to pronounce anything… but maybe I should learn. -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Little Peoples in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien Something I’ve noticed in books with little kids (and I can currently pull zero examples from my memory. 🙁 I know I’ve seen it somewhere.) is that they seem to be too stereotypically good. That might sound ridiculous, but what I mean is, they seem too wise, and too un-foolish, and too sweet and helpful. I know children are…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic I Wrote This in the forum Music 9 years, 10 months ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien If I were reading it as a poem, I think cadence of several lines would need tweaking. But since you said not to read it as a poem, since it’s got a tune and so will fit differently (did you compose the tune yourself?), I like it. 🙂 Since I don’t know the tune, I can’t say whether any of those lines’ cadence ought to be changed…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Bless us and splash us, Precious, another Newbie! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
Welcome, @ethryndal! And no, I’m not late. I arrive precisely when I mean to…or whenever I get on her and realize I’ve not been answering or greeting people like I ought to be. 😉 I love Tolkien too.
I’m doing NaNo this year for the first time. And as for other things I like…dress up. Reading. Music videos…
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic I Wrote This in the forum Music 9 years, 10 months ago
Love it, @anne-of-Lothlorien
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien Lessee… *goes back to find topic in my posting history*
Here it is. Blank Mastermind
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Bless us and splash us, Precious, another Newbie! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@Ethryndal Oh, which movie? The Anthony Andrews one? That’s the only one I’ve seen, and I love it, though it’s not really accurate. 😛 Keep reading the books.
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
You know you’re a writer when you can never read a book or watch a movie without lapsing into an intense inner argument about how capably the writers handled the character development or plot structure. And yes, with the strange writers’ voice in your head. I’ve named mine Siri. I turn her on when I need to practice being outgoing.
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Bless us and splash us, Precious, another Newbie! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@emma-flornouy I watched the movie first, but I’m reading the original book now. Books are always better. *grins wildly like a lunatic* Because I like it. Very much.
And in a way, I agree, Thrainduil was a jerk. But I also find him to be a very interesting character, (sorry, @anne-of-lothlorien) primarily because of how his backstory affects his…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien What, did the Starburst wrapper taste bad or something?
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Inspirational Songs and Music Videos in the forum Music 9 years, 10 months ago
That, my dear @Anne-of-Lothlorien , is equivocation on the word ‘head’. *points stern finger at you* I meant my literal head. 😀 Yesyesyesyesyes I know that’s beside the point. 😛 I have most certainly already lost it.
*trembling mouth* Y-you wanted to do…something t-terrible to Tolkien??! Oh…DEAR. This is most saddening. 😛
-
Snapper replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
You know you’re a writer when cleaning your room turns into a battle scene.
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Bless us and splash us, Precious, another Newbie! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien Hey, when you master defying gravity, wanna teach me? You never know when you might be stuck on a falling tower.
And Galadriel is choking at my very improper spelling of “do you want to”.
My studies actually take place in Lothlorien. Strange that we should not have met until now, but such is the way of the Elves, I suppose.…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Bless us and splash us, Precious, another Newbie! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
Oh wow @Dragon-Snapper you’ve actually taught yourself Dwarvish! Did you teach yourself from the resources in the back of The Return of the King?
@Anne-of-Lothlorien I really don’t want to be raining on any parades, but if you liked Gimli at all my conscience feels bound to tell you he didn’t die. It is said that he sailed with Legolas across the…[Read more]
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@dragon-snapper I have a bottle of fairie dust, and a bottle of poison. Green dyed water.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien YES. So much yes.
And my search history… guys… I’m probably on an FBI watch-list or something. I’ve researched a lot of medical stuff (everything from cholera to bullet-wounds to branding-burns) but mostly its stuff like poison… and explosives… and a lot of other stuff I probably won’t ever use because I write…[Read more]
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic Little Peoples in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
I read a story called Yellow Star about a Jewish girl during WWI and it was amazing how the author followed her thought process from a five year old’s persepctive of not udnerstanding the war, or what was ahppening, to a tween who was starting to understnd all the terror and horror. You should read it @kate-flournoy. I have to go too, that’s why…[Read more]
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
I’ve been thinking about it, and it’s amazing that we even have a thread like this if you think about it. And that we’re actually asking for prayer on the internet and praying for eachother. I thought about it because a few years ago I looked up a ‘Christian’ teen writing website to possibly join and I was absolutely appalled! They had terrible…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien Yeah, that says a lot.
You know you’re a writer when you have a bottle of pixie dust. (AKA sparkles in a plastic bottle)
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Bless us and splash us, Precious, another Newbie! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien @Ethryndal The Scarlet Pimpernel!! You both officially have incredible taste for that. How many of the books have you read? I haven’t read all of them, but I seriously want to and I loved most of those I have read. Have you at least read the original Scarlet Pimpernel, The Elusive Pimpernel, and Eldorado? Which is your favorite?
- Load More
