You know you are a writer when…

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions You know you are a writer when…

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 713 total)
  • Author
    Hope Ann
    @hope
      • Total Posts: 1092

@corissa-maiden-of-praise Potiphar’s wife…I’d have liked to see that. 😉 I’ve not screamed for a long, long time. Now I really want to play a game so that I can scream as loud as I can just for the fun of it.

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Anne of Lothlorien
      @anne-of-lothlorien
        • Total Posts: 440

The last time I screamed as loud and long as I could was…. It was so long ago I can’t remember. 🙂

You know you’re a writer when you burn yourself with hot glue one purpose so you can describe being burned by hot tar.

You know you’re a writer when you’re eating lunch at church, staring out into space, lost in thought, and a guy comes over and waves his hand in front of your face, jokingly asking where you are, you respond dreamily, “In Adelbrook Kenning. You knew that. I told you where I was going.”
        And then the guy just gives you a weird look and walks away.

You know you’re a writer when you are always correcting your brother like this.
        “…Mom and me…” – “Mom and I” – “went to the store and met Dad. So then Dad, Mom, and me…” -“Dad Mom and I” –

You know you’re a writer when you are dreaming about you, your best friend(Corissa so you know) and a young guy you know from church being held hostage by an old man with a gun, and you consciously think in your dream while you’re asleep, “I should write this down so I can describe kidnapping better.”

ENFP - "One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."

Alia
        @alia
          • Total Posts: 1253

@bluejay and @corissa-maiden-of-praise,
          My youth group is going to be playing some games in the dark, so I was wondering how you play the screaming game.
          Thanks

WIP - Decisions
          Kapeefer til we're old and grey

BlueJay
          @bluejay
            • Total Posts: 1622

@alia It is very simple. I’m guessing that you will be playing it inside, but even if you’re outside it doesn’t really matter. Although the way I’m going to tell you is an inside version.
            1.Let your players know where the boundary lines are. i.e. no leaving the room that you are playing in.
            2. Say you have ten players, get ten pieces of paper and mark an X on one and a D on one other.
            3. Put them in a dish or hat and each person as to pick one. The detective tells everyone who they are and they leave the room. Make sure they know where the light switch is.
            4.The lights go out and everyone starts to walk around.
            5. The murderer squeezes someone’s shoulder and the person counts to 3 in their head. That allows the M to move off.
            6. Then they scream loud enough for the D to hear. The D runs in and flicks the lights on. Everyone freezes.
            7. The D must now try to find who it was by asking questions. So good questions are “Did you feel someone brush passed you when the victim screamed? What were you doing when the victim screamed?”
            (As far as I know, the people who aren’t the M are trying to help the D solve the problem. So I don’t think they try to lie, I guess they can if they want. The M is allowed to lie.
            8. When the D asks “Did you murder that person?” whoever they are, must answer honestly.
            9. The D gets three guess to find the M. If they do, well done. The D is very good. If not, oh well, try again.
            10. If you play with a big group of people, you can add two Ms. Now when someone screams, the other M must grabs someone fast. (He/she must be quicker than the D who is about to come in) It makes the game a bit more challenging and more fun, as different people get to be the D or Ms
            Does this make sense?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by BlueJay.
            • This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by BlueJay.
            ClaireC
            @clairec
              • Total Posts: 628

@anne-of-lothlorien, those are so funny!! 😛 😛

Official Member of the Certified Club of Aussie Kapeefers

Hannah C
              @hannah-c
                • Total Posts: 362

You know you’re a writer when you find yourself writing things like this while making notes for your novel: “Also, consider breaking Ben’s leg.”
                #truestory

HC

Anne of Lothlorien
                @anne-of-lothlorien

You know you’re a writer when you’re so distracted planning a plot twist that you unwrap a Starburst, put the candy in the trash and the wrapper in your mouth. Then you spit it out and make a disgusted face, then morph into making faces that your MC could make when he’s poisoned.

You know you’re a easily distracted writer when you start out researching the atomic bomb for your WIP, and you end up reading about Harry Houdini, how you do levitation tricks, and how people did fake blood and gunshots and spear-wounds in movies.

@Daeus
                  @hope @anna-brie @ethryndal @corissa-maiden-of-praise @writefury @kate-flournoy @emma-flournoy @the-bean @Mark-Kamibaya @dragon-snapper @anne-of-lothlorien @his-instrument @winter-rose @anne-swiftblade @Bluejay @sarah-h @Rolena-Hatfield

I tagged people for this so it wouldn’t get forgotten and people would put things up.

ENFP - "One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."

Anne of Lothlorien
                  @anne-of-lothlorien

Yes I realize I just tagged myself #mindofaforgetfulwriter

Jess
                    @jess
                      • Total Posts: 575

You know you’re a writer when you have the scariest search engine history. (Kidneys are worth a lot on the black market, apparently.) 😛

Anne of Lothlorien
                      @anne-of-lothlorien

@jess Are you kidding me? That’s your search engine? One time I had ‘What is the most tasteless poison in the world?’ ‘Where the the world’s most venomous snake live?’ and ‘how long does it take to recover from an arrow shot to the left shoulder?’

Jess
                        @jess
                          • Total Posts: 575

@anne-of-lothlorien, Actually, I found that one out by researching something else. (None of my books have the black market in them…) I’ve researched a lot of venomous snakes and where they live too. I’ve also looked up what to do when bitten by aforementioned snake, and what not to do. Also, how far can a knife be thrown accurately, and how long it takes to drown. The most dangerous bears, and where they live, and how to smoke meat. Poisonous plants and mushrooms, (along with the edible ones…) and a bunch of things. My parents think I’m crazy. 😛

Snapper
                          @dragon-snapper
                            • Total Posts: 3515

@anne-of-lothlorien Mhmm, definitely a writer. (I don’t know what makes me a writer yet…) 🙁

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Anne of Lothlorien
                            @anne-of-lothlorien

@dragon-snapper Um… maybe the fact that you think you’re a dragon? That might be a sign. Or the fact that you write. That’s a biggy too.

You know you’re a writer when you think about everything you like or love in the terms of ‘How can I put this in my latest book?’

Snapper
                              @dragon-snapper
                                • Total Posts: 3515

@anne-of-lothlorien Yeah, that says a lot.

You know you’re a writer when you have a bottle of pixie dust. (AKA sparkles in a plastic bottle)

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Kate Flournoy
                                @kate-flournoy
                                  • Total Posts: 3976

@Anne-of-Lothlorien YES. So much yes.

And my search history… guys… I’m probably on an FBI watch-list or something. I’ve researched a lot of medical stuff (everything from cholera to bullet-wounds to branding-burns) but mostly its stuff like poison… and explosives… and a lot of other stuff I probably won’t ever use because I write primarily fantasy anyway. 😛

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >