Bless us and splash us, Precious, another Newbie!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Bless us and splash us, Precious, another Newbie!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Ethryndal
    @ethryndal
      • Total Posts: 1013

@anne-of-lothlorien Hey, when you master defying gravity, wanna teach me? You never know when you might be stuck on a falling tower.

And Galadriel is choking at my very improper spelling of “do you want to”.

My studies actually take place in Lothlorien. Strange that we should not have met until now, but such is the way of the Elves, I suppose. Mysterious.

@dragon-snapper
      Like, the runes, or the actual words in Dwarvish, like “Baruk khazad”?

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Ethryndal
      @ethryndal

@emma-flornouy I watched the movie first, but I’m reading the original book now. Books are always better. *grins wildly like a lunatic* Because I like it. Very much.

And in a way, I agree, Thrainduil was a jerk. But I also find him to be a very interesting character, (sorry, @anne-of-lothlorien) primarily because of how his backstory affects his present character. I’ve been reading up about character arcs of late and I think he fits very well into one. How his past wound (his wife dying) affects the way he views life, e.g., mortals aren’t worth dying for because they’re going to die anyway.

INTJ ➸Your friendly neighborhood mastermind. ➸https://thesarcasticelf.wordpress.com/

Emma Flournoy
        @emma-flournoy
          • Total Posts: 1352

@Ethryndal Oh, which movie? The Anthony Andrews one? That’s the only one I’ve seen, and I love it, though it’s not really accurate. 😛 Keep reading the books.

Hope Ann
          @hope
            • Total Posts: 1092

Welcome, @ethryndal! And no, I’m not late. I arrive precisely when I mean to…or whenever I get on her and realize I’ve not been answering or greeting people like I ought to be. 😉 I love Tolkien too.

I’m doing NaNo this year for the first time. And as for other things I like…dress up. Reading. Music videos…

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Ingrid
            @ingridrd
              • Total Posts: 830

Oh, no! @Hope used the only excuse I could think of. *racks brain for any more ideas* *isn’t able to think of one* *stares at floor with hands clasped* Ummm…hi.

I’m late.

Welcome, @ethryndal. When I grow up, I’m gonna be an elf…just like you! Seriously though, you sound like a pretty awesome person. Can’t wait to get to know you better. (By the way, my tag is @ingridrd, not Ingrid. Just to avoid confusion.) 🙂

Anyway, welcome, welcome, and thrice welcome!!! 😉

A dreamer who believes in the impossible...and dragons. (INFJ-T)

Snapper
              @dragon-snapper
                • Total Posts: 3515

@emma-flournoy Actually, I used the Hobbit. The Return of the King version is a more modern version of dwarvish. The Hobbit is the older tongue.

@ethryndal
                Only the runes. I don’t know how to pronounce anything… but maybe I should learn.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Ethryndal
                @ethryndal

@hope Ah yes, you’re the one who I’ve heard from a trusted source on this thread that has, and I quote, “all the weapons, even a sword”. I stand in complete awe. And good luck on NaNo! I don’t know how you people can take the stress. If I were to do it, my family would probably lock me in the closet out of self preservation…:)

@ingridrd
                  Thank you! Technically, all Elves are awesome people, so… Not to brag or anything. 🙂

@dragon-snapper
                  Cool! I’m endeavoring to learn to write Elvish, but it’s SUPER hard. There are different letters for different pronunciations of a letter, so one for a normal r, and one for a rolled r, and one for a trilled r. It’s rather confusing.

Ethryndal
                  @ethryndal

@emma-flournoy Yes, the Anthony Andrews one. I liked it, which is why I decided to read the book. Books are always better. Especially ones written in the 1900’s.

Hope Ann
                    @hope
                      • Total Posts: 1092

@ethryndal *gasps* I’m known as ‘that’ person now? But I…well, I guess, that is somewhat true. A sword, a bow, several daggers… What is it with my obsession with weapons and cloaks?

NaNo is hard, but not that hard. It’s more just keeping going for a whole month. 😉

INTJ - Inhumane. No-feelings. Terrible. Judgment and doom on everyone.

Snapper
                      @dragon-snapper

@hope AAAAHHHHH!!!! I can’t wait till I get a sword! *my preciouss*

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

Emma Flournoy
                        @emma-flournoy

@Dragon-Snapper Oh, okay. Is there a key of some sort in the back of your copy, or are you learning it from the map?

@Ethryndal
                          Yep, the books are better for the most part. I think there was a little less bad language in the movie though, for which I was happy. 😛

Snapper
                          @dragon-snapper

@emma-flournoy Yep, I learned it from the map, and spent lots of time studying and practicing it. I have the alphabet memorized now.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

ClaireC
                            @clairec
                              • Total Posts: 628

@Ethryndal, as always I’m far too late, but Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet anyway. Yes, @bluejay, I know you already said it, but I just couldn’t help myself. Hope you enjoy your time here. 🙂

Official Member of the Certified Club of Aussie Kapeefers

Emma Flournoy
                              @emma-flournoy

@Dragon-Snapper Fun fun. 😀

Greta
                                @gretald
                                  • Total Posts: 450

Okay so I’m very late. Very, VERY late.
                                  But, all the same, I wanted to say WELCOME @ethryndal to the bestistest place on the internet (I have no doubt that you’ve heard that phrase before)! 😉
                                  There will be no judging of insanity here, as we’re all insane, too. 😛 You’re bound to fit in quite well here.
                                  Also, TOLKIEN! YES! TOLKIEN IS…Well, what would life be like without Tolkien? Pretty…depressing. So what is your favorite Tolkien book? Favorite character(s)? The Hobbit or LOTR?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >